Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    Never say never, koldkase. On ID Discovery, just tonight, they covered the horrific/torture murder of my wife's first cousin who was in our wedding. She was killed in 1975 by two druggies who had done it all but murder someone. They stumbled across Sherry one night and the rest is history.

At any rate, an attention seeker confessed to the crime and the sheriff was all too willing to close the case even though his story had many holes. Finally, in 2001, the lady, who was involved in the murder, couldn't take it any more and confessed.....It made me half sick watching it this evening.

It is on Discover ID and will be repeated on Saturday at 6 to 7 p.m CST. Straight Through the Heartland: Wicked Attractions.

Long story short....I believe there are still several people who know what happened to JBR and, as long as they are alive, there is a hope (however small it might be) that someone's conscience will need peace.
    I saw that episode, Learnin. I had no idea you were related to the victim. So sorry for all the sorrow that brought to your family for so long.

Yes, it was amazing how that woman told the truth after so long.

I wonder if perhaps one day someone in JonBenet's family will need money or just get tired of the hypocrisy they've all displayed. God forbid any one of them ever imagines that a six year old child should have anyone who pretended to love her witness for her, as her killer silenced her forever so she can't speak for herself.

Clearly they all believe sticking by the family delusions is most important.

But who knows? There are a couple of wild cards in the bunch and maybe one of them will find a reason to talk about what they know. Or maybe a childhood friend will come forward.

Or maybe not, because Lin Wood has done a good job of subverting justice through the civil law system. That's where American is today, sadly, in our sorry legal system: if you have money, you can do pretty much anything you want to people who don't or who don't want to get caught up in years of legal battles that go nowhere anyway.

What we all know now is that Alex Hunter and Mary Lacy were Team Ramsey from Day One and they subverted justice for a murdered child. When the DAs are covering up the evidence for the killer, what hope can any of us have that a private citizen will ever feel safe to tell the truth?

But you're right about one thing, Learnin: no one knows what is at work in the hearts and souls of those who carry such weight on their shoulders. Sometimes karma works its way around and deals a judgment far more severe than our legal system ever can.

Ask Alex Hunter about that.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Burke would be the only person to either come forward or make a slip of the tongue to effect this case. JR will never do it, Burke probably wouldn't purposely do it and I don't think anybody else knows anything else other than what we already know. I also think now that Patsys dead there is a feeling among Burke and JR of protecting her reputation so especially those two won't besmirch Patsys legacy..as a wonderful mother whose heart was broken when a stranger crept into her home and killed her beloved daughter....and then was punished for years thereafter by the villainous BPD. Even if not for themselves, I think they would keep quiet to preserve Patsys perceived innocence.

I think if Kolar says it's done, then it's done. Ramseys win.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Burke would be the only person to either come forward or make a slip of the tongue to effect this case. JR will never do it, Burke probably wouldn't purposely do it and I don't think anybody else knows anything else other than what we already know. I also think now that Patsys dead there is a feeling among Burke and JR of protecting her reputation so especially those two won't besmirch Patsys legacy..as a wonderful mother whose heart was broken when a stranger crept into her home and killed her beloved daughter....and then was punished for years thereafter by the villainous BPD. Even if not for themselves, I think they would keep quiet to preserve Patsys perceived innocence.

I think if Kolar says it's done, then it's done. Ramseys win.
    I understand what you're saying, Karen. And I agree it's done, as far as any trial ever happening.

But the Ramseys have not won. They will forever and all time be known as the prime suspects who used their power and money to destroy the investigation into the brutal death of their six year old child whose singular name is immortalized as a sexual abuse victim.

That's not winning in my book.

What I wonder is how many people do know things about the family that, in hindsight, explains a lot. Like the Ramsey's old friend, Pam Archuletta, whose marriage buckled under the stress of the Ramsey's ever needy patronage? Remember how the supportive Mrs. Archuletta told a reporter, in the middle of declaring the Ramseys innocent, how Patsy and John argued about the pageant participation and how Patsy herself expressed concern that JonBenet "flirted" inappropriately?

JonBenet was six, and she was sexually abused in the days or weeks before her death, according to the autopsy. That's a fact that Team Ramsey can spin into eternity, but no one looking objectively at the evidence of this case is going to believe that was some bubble bath problem.

So that little disclosure, from out of nowhere, by a family friend, says volumes.

The family of JonBenet must fear this every single minute of every day of their lives: who remembers what? And will they talk?

And one day, they very well may....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Oh Learnin, so sorry to read about your wife's cousin. What a tragedy way back then. I hope you are feeling much better today. Life sure is a trial. isn't it?
    I can understand your feelings. I hope you are recovering
    Thanks, Elle. I didn't realize those two were that sick....

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I saw that episode, Learnin. I had no idea you were related to the victim. So sorry for all the sorrow that brought to your family for so long.

Yes, it was amazing how that woman told the truth after so long.

I wonder if perhaps one day someone in JonBenet's family will need money or just get tired of the hypocrisy they've all displayed. God forbid any one of them ever imagines that a six year old child should have anyone who pretended to love her witness for her, as her killer silenced her forever so she can't speak for herself.

Clearly they all believe sticking by the family delusions is most important.

But who knows? There are a couple of wild cards in the bunch and maybe one of them will find a reason to talk about what they know. Or maybe a childhood friend will come forward.

Or maybe not, because Lin Wood has done a good job of subverting justice through the civil law system. That's where American is today, sadly, in our sorry legal system: if you have money, you can do pretty much anything you want to people who don't or who don't want to get caught up in years of legal battles that go nowhere anyway.

What we all know now is that Alex Hunter and Mary Lacy were Team Ramsey from Day One and they subverted justice for a murdered child. When the DAs are covering up the evidence for the killer, what hope can any of us have that a private citizen will ever feel safe to tell the truth?

But you're right about one thing, Learnin: no one knows what is at work in the hearts and souls of those who carry such weight on their shoulders. Sometimes karma works its way around and deals a judgment far more severe than our legal system ever can.

Ask Alex Hunter about that.
    Yea, we can only hope, koldkase, that some conscience is still active enough to come clean or some other circumstance will cause someone to come forth like in our case.

I would mention another thing that Sherry's murder taught me. I learned how a father reacts when his baby girl has been tortured and murdered. I saw this strong man worn down over the years. I saw this man park himself inside the police station and become a nuisance; asking for info, demanding action, etc.

Because of my experience, I was completely shocked at the reaction of JBR's father toward her murder. When I first read of this story, several years after the fact, it was one of the things that really jumped out at me and said:
    "Something's not right, here."

In regards to the possibility of a confession. It's a long shot, but I do remember John's reaction to ST's statement on LKL when John and Patsy were present. ST said something like: "There's no forgiveness without confession." JR, immediately, jumped on this and replied to the effect: "That's not true, forgiveness is free." I paraphrase but the point is:
    John, obviously, had wrestled with this issue in regards to himself or his wife.
    JR knew his wife was religious and he delved into religion especially after Beth's death. If either was involved, or was covering, then, one or both, being religious, had to wrestle with the issue of forgiveness and confession.
    John's immediate correction of ST, and his agitation with the subject, speaks volumes. One can only hope, as death nears, JR's conscience will broach the subject once again.

Yet, I can't help but think there are a few others who know or are sitting on pretty damning info and, for whatever reason, have not come public with it for whatever reason. We can only hope.