Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

And I wonder how things are going in a small town in the Midwest where Burke lives.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    And I wonder how things are going in a small town in the Midwest where Burke lives.
    Me, too.

Of course, if the mainstream media and talking heads continue to ignore the latest development in the Ramsey case, it may not make one whit of difference to Burke.

It's so infuriating that if the story is allegedly about Ramsey innocence (pervert Karr, for instance) it goes national in a matter of two minutes, but if it is anything about Ramsey guilt, it barely gets reported in local Colorado news!

If it weren't for the forums, most of us would not know ANYTHING about what has gone on in this case ever since Mary Lacy pulled her travesty of a bogus exoneration stunt. She made DARN sure the big-time media was there for that! They swallowed her lies, hook, line and sinker, and turned their backs on the Ramsey case.

That's what makes Charlie Brennan even MORE of a hero. Against the odds, he never gave up the quest for the truth of what REALLY happened to JonBenet on Christmas night 1996.

Charlie Brennan restores my faith in investigative journalism.

I keep hoping this is not a story that will end up in File 13. Something tells me that if it all comes to light, it will be "Patsy Did It. Let Her Rest in Peace."

Actually, I do think Patsy did it but I don't like liars so I keep hoping there will be some little known law that covers the other liars in this case.

Did I mention that I detest liars?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I knew a super reporter for a super tabloid. When the John Mark Carr ridiculousness hit, he told me that they (the entity for which he worked) had people already in the field, ready for it. That, and everything else we know about the tabs, tells me that they are positioning for this - it's still the definitive dead blonde girl story, after all. If the judge releases the indictment - tabloid frenzy.

Sorry, Jonbenet. I hope you rest in peace.

DOI/page 357

"The battered justice system had creaked and shuddered,but it had worked!We had not been indicted!

People would have to finally see the jury's decision as our vindication.

Whatever time had been lost with the grand jury hearing must be made up quickly"

DOI/page 359

"After looking at all the evidence-or lack of it-a jury of our peers had not indicted Patsy and me.It seemed that the system had functioned as our Constitution had intended.We were truly grateful"
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."

I am planning to read that darn thing from A-Z again...didn't have the time so I looked up only the GJ chapter...
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."

This is amazing. Have heard quite a bit about Madeleine McCann over the last couple of weeks, but nothing about JonBenet. I will pray and wait.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Red face

Thank God for a journalist who believes in justice! As for the rest of the flock that report all the regurgitated stuff over and over without doing any background checks I wonder if Old Woody has them still scared. His suing claws reach very far and scare the pie out of most lesser folks. Right now he is quiet because he is probably thinking who to sue next.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

I wonder how Kane feels about the latest events (he's my hero when it comes to this case)...

http://therocky.com/news/2001/dec/18...ed-grand-jury/

Kane spent many hours questioning John and Patsy Ramsey about their daughter's murder. He said he believes they have yet to give him the straight story.

"When I met with them, I never felt that they were genuine," Kane said. "I always felt like I was talking to a press secretary who was giving responses with a spin.

"I always felt like their answers were very careful and, in some cases, scripted. And that caused me a lot of concern."

Reflecting now on his interviews with the Ramseys, Kane said, "I never felt like I was getting a spontaneous response.

"John Ramsey always left me with the impression that he was a very smart man, and he is very careful at answering questions," Kane said. "Whereas, Patsy struck me as somebody that just had an answer in advance of the question, and just kind of resorted to an 'I don't know' if she didn't have an answer in advance."

I always totally agreed with this,I felt the same way whenever the R's opened their mouths.

An aside: It is so good to see so many of our old pals hanging around the Guttah again.

Thanks for posting the quotes and links for us, Madeline.

Yep, Zoomama, I bet Woody has lost some sleep over this already.

BOESP, top of my list of people I can't abide are BULLIES! They're usually LIARS, too. That describes the Ramseys in a nutshell, IMO.

Wombat! You've been holding out on us! We may have to get you drunk to loosen up your tongue real soon.... :cheers:

Chero, it's shocking to see how much basic info about this case reporters now get completely wrong; and don't even get me started on the effects of the LACY DISINFORMATION TRAIN on the media.

Hey Heymom! The truth does seem to be making a comeback in this case, starting with Kolar's book release last year.

Speaking of heroes...there are a few who refuse to IGNORE and BURY the truth in spite of the constant threats of Team Ramsey to anyone who tells it.

And I'm going to put Tricia in that category. It's cost her so much, financially and otherwise, to keep this case alive on her forums and her radio podcast. In spite of that, she has never wavered. I will always be grateful to her for giving us all a place to speak truth to power.

Maybe we should start a thread: Heroes versus Cowards.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Well, my fellow Guttah Dwellers, JR opposes the release of the indictment. LOL Like we didn't expect this.

Here is a link. I don't have time right now to say what I think, except, I think Lin Wood will be filing something soon.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ramsey-in-1996

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine_ws View Post
    DOI/page 357

"The battered justice system had creaked and shuddered,but it had worked!We had not been indicted!

People would have to finally see the jury's decision as our vindication.

Whatever time had been lost with the grand jury hearing must be made up quickly"

DOI/page 359

"After looking at all the evidence-or lack of it-a jury of our peers had not indicted Patsy and me.It seemed that the system had functioned as our Constitution had intended.We were truly grateful"
    Forgive me, Mad, but I have to steal your copy of quotes from DOI so I can post them on the Boulder Daily Camera website were an article has appeared reporting John Ramsey's lawyers playing games to stop the indictment from being released.

Arrogant sons of beotches lied to the public about it for 13 years and now want to stop the public from seeing the truth...AGAIN!

Bastids!

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...ent?source=pkg
    Last edited by koldkase; October 21, 2013, 11:08 pm at Mon Oct 21 23:08:49 UTC 2013.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.