Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    I just read a comment on a news story about the release of the Grand Jury indictment, and it reminded me of something that we've discussed before and is important!

"In her Sixty Minutes interview, Patsy Ramsey said, "There are only two people who know what really happened. The person that did it and whoever they confided to." I was amazed that no investigator picked up on that. How would she know the perpetrator confided in anyone?"

If the perpetrator was Patsy, Burke or John, that makes sense. Otherwise, how WOULD Patsy know the perpetrator had confided to ANYONE?!!!
    That's a saying that's rather common so I suppose you could make a case that you were just speaking figuratively.

I think most investigators theorize that a perp eventually talks to someone.... they often mention that when they are appealing to the public for clues. Anyone who's a fan of crime books or films would probably know that.

The problem is that her statement just doesn't shed any light on the case one way or the other.

But, yes it is very suspicious that she would mention TWO people & not just say any people he/she confided in.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    You have to read the Kolar book. He saw ALL of the case files and he drew the conclusion that Burke WAS involved. He's the most recent set of eyes on the case, and the fact that Mary Lacey shut him down as soon as he told her what he'd found, tells me he was on the right track. Whether the GJ saw that too - I think they did but they could not file murder charges on him. So they did what they could with what they had left.

Please, anyone who hasn't read it, get a copy of this book and read it.
    I agree, Heymom. For anyone who wants to read THE TRUTH in the Ramsey case, Kolar's book is a must!

http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Factio...apped+jonbenet
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Even though he looks older (despite the plastic surgery), John was born 9 Dec 1943, so he's only 69 years old. He is still living in Charlevoix, Michigan, with his latest wife, Jan.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight_e...t?ident=N2059W

Date Aircraft Origin Destination Departed Arrival Duration

22-Oct-2013 BE35/G New Richmond Rgnl (KRNH) Boyne City Muni (N98) 02:10PM CDT 05:05PM EDT Scheduled

22-Oct-2013 BE35/G Pierre Rgnl (KPIR) New Richmond Rgnl (KRNH) 11:18AM CDT 01:52PM CDT En Route

18-Oct-2013 BE35/G New Richmond Rgnl (KRNH) Pierre Rgnl (KPIR) 11:20AM CDT 01:51PM CDT 2:31

18-Oct-2013 BE35/G Boyne City Muni (N98) New Richmond Rgnl (KRNH) 09:20AM EDT 10:57AM CDT 2:37

When I last checked a couple of months ago (before doing so today), John was still flying all over the northern Midwest, like he's done since moving back to Charlevoix. He's got to keep those golf courses busy! Paying lots of "greens fees" is John's way of helping the economy.

It's been interesting to check John's plane log and note he doesn't fly his plane to where Burke or Melinda live. I think I've seen one flight to Burke's location in the past several years, and none to Melinda's. When John was dating Beth Holloway, he flew to the Deep South quite a bit, and he also flew from Michigan to Arkansas many times (before briefly living there), so it's not like he only flies locally.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=8887
    Where is Burke these days? Did he settle in Atlanta?
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Where is Burke these days? Did he settled in Atlanta?
    He was in Atlanta for awhile after graduating from Purdue, but now he lives and works in Indiana.

He was in Atlanta for awhile after graduating from Purdue, but now he lives and works in Indiana.
    Thanks. This must be difficult for him, too.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool

With the release of the GJ info ~ many eyes are on Burke right now so will Dad fess up to take the heat off his boy and put it on Patsy to save his own A$$ too now?!
    Last edited by RiverRat; October 28, 2013, 7:55 am at Mon Oct 28 7:55:11 UTC 2013.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Good catch, C!

Do you think Uncle Johnny has soaked through his Depends yet?
    I think he has been carrying quite a load of %&^*& around for a long time.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    With the release of the GJ info ~ many eyes are on Burke right now so will Dad fess up to take the heat off his boy and put in on Patsy to save his own A$$ too now?!
    Tough call. Would most people believe him if he did?

I think they will keep their heads down and wait until this goes away. And it will go away.

Tough call. Would most people believe him if he did?

I think they will keep their heads down and wait until this goes away. And it will go away.
    Sadly I agree.
    I don't know who killed JB...PDI,JDI,BDI,IDI...but there is ONE thing I know for sure...I am totally convinced (even if IDI!) that JR K N O W S.He knows who and probably why.
    He's not dead yet.This is the only chance to solve the case.Get JR to TALK.IF (huge if) it wasn't him MAYBE it's possible he will throw the guilty party under the bus one day.

IMO
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine_ws View Post
    Sadly I agree.
    I don't know who killed JB...PDI,JDI,BDI,IDI...but there is ONE thing I know for sure...I am totally convinced (even if IDI!) that JR K N O W S.He knows who and probably why.
    He's not dead yet.This is the only chance to solve the case.Get JR to TALK.IF (huge if) it wasn't him MAYBE it's possible he will throw the guilty party under the bus one day.

IMO
    I think John will go to his grave and never tell. He's more stoic than Patsy and she managed it, so...

I'm ready to lay this down now too. Of course we all know there was no intruder, so we can rule that one out completely. And the only path that ties all of the strings together for me, leads to a young boy who never cried about his sister's death, nor showed any emotion that would be appropriate under the circumstances. His parents said he slept through the whole morning's events and he was whisked away, out of police contact, which would not be seen as suspicious if there had been a kidnapping (how better to protect the remaining child from a similar fate - parents are protective like that!). He reacted very weirdly under questioning by a psychiatrist. And he got psychological treatment after his sister's death, although at the time he showed no outward signs of grief or mourning. People all around the family refused to talk about what happened. The DAs refused to prosecute.

I think many people either know or have guessed what happened. It's such a horrible idea that it's easier to make up an intruder and believe in that creation, than to face the reality. Maybe it's not only legal intimidation that kept the Whites from talking all these years. Maybe they also felt pity and were convinced that treatment through the family would be better than any alternative.

To my mind, this is the picture that makes the most sense. And as a parent, while I can't agree with the way that John and Patsy handled the tragedy, I can understand it. They circled the wagons and protected what was left of their family. Perhaps they got legal advice that night. I rather think they did, but they may not have even told the lawyer(s) exactly what had happened. In any case, their subterfuge worked, barely. Maybe money was spread around. That certainly could have helped to keep the focus off the family, one member in particular. And maybe they appealed to people's empathy. However the whole thing played out, everyone around them has either stayed silent, or been complicit in trying to guide the spotlight *away* from them and onto some fictional intruder. The very idea of an intruder is so blatantly stupid that it's stunning to me that even to this day, many insist that (they) are still out there somewhere. Chief Kolar's book lays that all out so clearly, if any of the IDI people have read it, they either understand their mistakes, or they are in such denial that they still refuse to see the truth.

I think Kolar's book really tied up the loose ends for me. The Patsy scenarios just never made sense in my mind. Unless Patsy had grabbed JonBenet and pounded her head into some hard surface, I cannot see how that horrific head injury would have occurred. A glancing blow off of a faucet or the commode would not have put that hole into the back of JonBenet's skull. Not with the cushioning of her hair and the physics of force. It just doesn't make sense to me. I guess it did make sense to Steve Thomas, but I can't get there. My son took a fall off a skateboard onto asphalt, and he got a mild to minor skull fracture only. I simply cannot believe that the force Patsy could have used with JonBenet would be more than hitting an asphalt surface while traveling forward at 5-7 mph. I'm not a physicist but the whole scene just doesn't add up for me.

The only "Justice for Jonbenet" has been that people here have stuck with it to the very end, ignoring all the rabbit trails we've seen over the years, and insisting that her murder DOES deserve attention. The image of that precious little girl's body, left alone in rigor mortis under the Christmas tree, "like a broken doll" (can't remember whose quote that is, sorry!) is almost too much to bear.

RIP, JonBenet. You deserved a life.

I know how sick this will sound but if BDI,look at the bright side:therapy and medication don't really solve such a problem IMO.yes,the problem is under control but it will always be THERE,waiting in the dark..so it's possible the volcano will explode again someday.happened with J.V.Sloot.
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine_ws View Post
    I know how sick this will sound but if BDI,look at the bright side:therapy and medication don't really solve such a problem IMO.yes,the problem is under control but it will always be THERE,waiting in the dark..so it's possible the volcano will explode again someday.happened with J.V.Sloot.
    Have you seen this documentary? Granted, this little girl is probably worse, and her therapy more intense (removed from home), but it does give a little sense of hope.

Child of Rage

(The title is rather misleading - she's not outwardly angry, she just doesn't feel anything except wanting to hurt others.)

I used to think sociopaths could not be cured, and most of the time, I still think that's true, but perhaps if the case is mild, it can be mitigated.