Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Have you seen this documentary? Granted, this little girl is probably worse, and her therapy more intense (removed from home), but it does give a little sense of hope.

Child of Rage

(The title is rather misleading - she's not outwardly angry, she just doesn't feel anything except wanting to hurt others.)

I used to think sociopaths could not be cured, and most of the time, I still think that's true, but perhaps if the case is mild, it can be mitigated.
    was scrolling through the other videos after watching it and found this

wow,just wow...so much injustice....

:(:(:(:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzsMnIAoViE
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."

I think John will go to his grave and never tell. He's more stoic than Patsy and she managed it, so...

I'm ready to lay this down now too. Of course we all know there was no intruder, so we can rule that one out completely. And the only path that ties all of the strings together for me, leads to a young boy who never cried about his sister's death, nor showed any emotion that would be appropriate under the circumstances. His parents said he slept through the whole morning's events and he was whisked away, out of police contact, which would not be seen as suspicious if there had been a kidnapping (how better to protect the remaining child from a similar fate - parents are protective like that!). He reacted very weirdly under questioning by a psychiatrist. And he got psychological treatment after his sister's death, although at the time he showed no outward signs of grief or mourning. People all around the family refused to talk about what happened. The DAs refused to prosecute.

I think many people either know or have guessed what happened. It's such a horrible idea that it's easier to make up an intruder and believe in that creation, than to face the reality. Maybe it's not only legal intimidation that kept the Whites from talking all these years. Maybe they also felt pity and were convinced that treatment through the family would be better than any alternative.

To my mind, this is the picture that makes the most sense. And as a parent, while I can't agree with the way that John and Patsy handled the tragedy, I can understand it. They circled the wagons and protected what was left of their family. Perhaps they got legal advice that night. I rather think they did, but they may not have even told the lawyer(s) exactly what had happened. In any case, their subterfuge worked, barely. Maybe money was spread around. That certainly could have helped to keep the focus off the family, one member in particular. And maybe they appealed to people's empathy. However the whole thing played out, everyone around them has either stayed silent, or been complicit in trying to guide the spotlight *away* from them and onto some fictional intruder. The very idea of an intruder is so blatantly stupid that it's stunning to me that even to this day, many insist that (they) are still out there somewhere. Chief Kolar's book lays that all out so clearly, if any of the IDI people have read it, they either understand their mistakes, or they are in such denial that they still refuse to see the truth.

I think Kolar's book really tied up the loose ends for me. The Patsy scenarios just never made sense in my mind. Unless Patsy had grabbed JonBenet and pounded her head into some hard surface, I cannot see how that horrific head injury would have occurred. A glancing blow off of a faucet or the commode would not have put that hole into the back of JonBenet's skull. Not with the cushioning of her hair and the physics of force. It just doesn't make sense to me. I guess it did make sense to Steve Thomas, but I can't get there. My son took a fall off a skateboard onto asphalt, and he got a mild to minor skull fracture only. I simply cannot believe that the force Patsy could have used with JonBenet would be more than hitting an asphalt surface while traveling forward at 5-7 mph. I'm not a physicist but the whole scene just doesn't add up for me.

The only "Justice for Jonbenet" has been that people here have stuck with it to the very end, ignoring all the rabbit trails we've seen over the years, and insisting that her murder DOES deserve attention. The image of that precious little girl's body, left alone in rigor mortis under the Christmas tree, "like a broken doll" (can't remember whose quote that is, sorry!) is almost too much to bear.

RIP, JonBenet. You deserved a life.

Wonderful post heymom! You have it well covered!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

I think John will go to his grave and never tell. He's more stoic than Patsy and she managed it, so...

I'm ready to lay this down now too. Of course we all know there was no intruder, so we can rule that one out completely. And the only path that ties all of the strings together for me, leads to a young boy who never cried about his sister's death, nor showed any emotion that would be appropriate under the circumstances. His parents said he slept through the whole morning's events and he was whisked away, out of police contact, which would not be seen as suspicious if there had been a kidnapping (how better to protect the remaining child from a similar fate - parents are protective like that!). He reacted very weirdly under questioning by a psychiatrist. And he got psychological treatment after his sister's death, although at the time he showed no outward signs of grief or mourning. People all around the family refused to talk about what happened. The DAs refused to prosecute.

I think many people either know or have guessed what happened. It's such a horrible idea that it's easier to make up an intruder and believe in that creation, than to face the reality. Maybe it's not only legal intimidation that kept the Whites from talking all these years. Maybe they also felt pity and were convinced that treatment through the family would be better than any alternative.

To my mind, this is the picture that makes the most sense. And as a parent, while I can't agree with the way that John and Patsy handled the tragedy, I can understand it. They circled the wagons and protected what was left of their family. Perhaps they got legal advice that night. I rather think they did, but they may not have even told the lawyer(s) exactly what had happened. In any case, their subterfuge worked, barely. Maybe money was spread around. That certainly could have helped to keep the focus off the family, one member in particular. And maybe they appealed to people's empathy. However the whole thing played out, everyone around them has either stayed silent, or been complicit in trying to guide the spotlight *away* from them and onto some fictional intruder. The very idea of an intruder is so blatantly stupid that it's stunning to me that even to this day, many insist that (they) are still out there somewhere. Chief Kolar's book lays that all out so clearly, if any of the IDI people have read it, they either understand their mistakes, or they are in such denial that they still refuse to see the truth.

I think Kolar's book really tied up the loose ends for me. The Patsy scenarios just never made sense in my mind. Unless Patsy had grabbed JonBenet and pounded her head into some hard surface, I cannot see how that horrific head injury would have occurred. A glancing blow off of a faucet or the commode would not have put that hole into the back of JonBenet's skull. Not with the cushioning of her hair and the physics of force. It just doesn't make sense to me. I guess it did make sense to Steve Thomas, but I can't get there. My son took a fall off a skateboard onto asphalt, and he got a mild to minor skull fracture only. I simply cannot believe that the force Patsy could have used with JonBenet would be more than hitting an asphalt surface while traveling forward at 5-7 mph. I'm not a physicist but the whole scene just doesn't add up for me.

The only "Justice for Jonbenet" has been that people here have stuck with it to the very end, ignoring all the rabbit trails we've seen over the years, and insisting that her murder DOES deserve attention. The image of that precious little girl's body, left alone in rigor mortis under the Christmas tree, "like a broken doll" (can't remember whose quote that is, sorry!) is almost too much to bear.

RIP, JonBenet. You deserved a life.

Excellent post, heymom.

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when my favorite Denver news channel broke the story of JonBenet’s death. Within a few days of the initial report, as more and more facts pertaining to the case were revealed, I came to believe Burke did it and that John and Patsy covered it up. Nothing I’ve learned about the case in all the years since has changed my opinion.

One of my granddaughters is the same age that JonBenet would have been had she lived. My granddaughter, now a college graduate, is enjoying her life and looking ahead to a bright, happy future. How I wish it could have been so for JonBenet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Wonderful post heymom! You have it well covered!
    I agree. Excellent post Heymom.

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine_ws View Post
    I know how sick this will sound but if BDI,look at the bright side:therapy and medication don't really solve such a problem IMO.yes,the problem is under control but it will always be THERE,waiting in the dark..so it's possible the volcano will explode again someday.happened with J.V.Sloot.
    This is what worries me.

Whoever was sexually assaulting JonBenet is still "out there"--and we know whose quote that is.

Child abusers usually continue until caught. Who is out there now, an unidentified child abuser, possibly still abusing? It's not like that person has a stamp on his forehead. Do we really need to go through the issues of this again?

Whoever bludgeoned JonBenet, if it's not Patsy, is still unfettered and unaccountable.

And if Patsy didn't put that ligature around JonBenet's neck and pull the cord, then that person is still free and unidentified by law.

If I can't accept other abusers and killers getting away with it, especially if they have a psychopathy that could surface again, then I can't accept it in this case just because the Ramseys have successfully presented a facade to the world people prefer to believe, in the face of the reality of what they were able and willing to do to JonBenet Ramsey, for whatever reasons.

I truly hope we never know the truth, if it takes another tragedy to reveal it.

But I truly believe those tragedies could be ongoing right now and the victims once again would have no voice because child abusers know how to play this game very well. And what victim would be willing to walk into a Ramsey-fueled firestorm that would happen if she came forward? If anything, that abuser is more protected now than ever.

It's a mistake to presume we know the Ramseys. We don't. Anything we think we know about the Ramseys is pure speculation.

All we know for a FACT is what happened to JonBenet. It was brutal and whoever committed those unspeakable acts against her has still NOT been brought to justice.

I have talked with enough victims of childhood abuse to never forget that they suffer lifelong consequences of the abuse against them.

And please tell me when the Ramseys STOPPED abusing others? As I remember it, John Ramsey was pointing fingers in his last book. No "other side of suffering" for that Ramsey victim, I guess.

If any of the Ramseys put that ligature around JonBenet's neck and pulled, they are beyond civilization as I hope it exists with our justice system. That was NO ACCIDENT.

If we're willing to allow such abuses to go unanswered and unchecked because the nice-looking rich people just wanted to protect themselves, then we have no right to object to cultures who stone, shoot, or burn women and children for being females who got on the wrong side of males.

It's not over.

It will never be over.

Not until the abuser and killer are brought before a court to account for their crimes against this child.

And if that can't happen, then shame on us.

Because there is no secret here. Just corruption.
    Last edited by koldkase; October 26, 2013, 5:15 pm at Sat Oct 26 17:15:54 UTC 2013.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post

Not until the abuser and killer are brought before a court to account for their crimes against this child.

And if that can't happen, then shame on us.

Because there is no secret here. Just corruption.
    Excellent, just excellent, KK.

It is disgusting that the foxes guard the hen house but lawyers make the laws all the way up from the smallest county court system to the Supreme Court, House and Senate. I don't think corruption is a strong enough word but then I don't want to get banned.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I think we can all figure out that BDI. Kolar dances around it because that is all he CAN do, He repeated that "all three family members in the home need to be looked at".By stating this, he is adding BR in as a possible suspect but cannot come out and SAY that he was responsible- for ONE reason only- that BR was under 10 at the time and under Colorado law cannot EVER be prosecuted. In his brief interview he is asked will the case ever be solved and he answers a bit vaguely but basically says no. It can't be solved publicly because the killer was under age. But it HAS been solved. They knew it THEN- they know it now. They all do.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    I think we can all figure out that BDI. Kolar dances around it because that is all he CAN do, He repeated that "all three family members in the home need to be looked at".By stating this, he is adding BR in as a possible suspect but cannot come out and SAY that he was responsible- for ONE reason only- that BR was under 10 at the time and under Colorado law cannot EVER be prosecuted. In his brief interview he is asked will the case ever be solved and he answers a bit vaguely but basically says no. It can't be solved publicly because the killer was under age. But it HAS been solved. They knew it THEN- they know it now. They all do.
    Yes, that is my conclusion as well. The DA was protecting Burke and unfortunately that meant John and Patsy got pulled under the umbrella as well. (Not an "umbrella of suspicion," quite the opposite.) By the time BPD figured out what had really happened, the Ramseys were lawyered up and out of reach. Maybe Hunter got paid off, I don't know, or maybe they had called him in the first place. These are just speculations on my part. But I do think the answer is widely known in Boulder.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

DeeDee and heymom, excellent posts!

I guess one could interpret Kolar’s vagueness on the issue of Burke’s involvement in a few different ways, including (1) Kolar believes Burke saw one or both of parents kill JonBenet (2) Kolar believes Burke did it.

I haven’t read Kolar’s book yet (I’m going to order it), but I read somewhere that Kolar considers it a very big deal that Burke was oddly nonchalant about all the police being at his home that morning and was only concerned about what game he could take to the Whites’.

It seemed obvious to me in the brief interview clip I saw that Kolar is convinced Burke did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tril View Post
    DeeDee and heymom, excellent posts!

I guess one could interpret Kolar’s vagueness on the issue of Burke’s involvement in a few different ways, including (1) Kolar believes Burke saw one or both of parents kill JonBenet (2) Kolar believes Burke did it.

I haven’t read Kolar’s book yet (I’m going to order it), but I read somewhere that Kolar considers it a very big deal that Burke was oddly nonchalant about all the police being at his home that morning and was only concerned about what game he could take to the Whites’.

It seemed obvious to me in the brief interview clip I saw that Kolar is convinced Burke did it.
    When you read Kolar's book, you will see clearly that he does not believe that Burke was merely a witness. There are many, many things about Burke that were out of place, odd, abnormal. I had never been a BDI person, I thought it was WAY out there, but by the time I read the last few chapters of Kolar's book, it made sense in a way no other theory had. If Burke had been 10 or older, he could have been charged, but as it was, he was too young. So instead, he was protected by his parents so that he wasn't even removed from their custody.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool

Dear Sweet Maob ~ this one needs to be stickied right about now, dontcha think?!?!
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Dear Sweet Maob ~ this one needs to be stickied right about now, dontcha think?!?!

RIVERRAT HOW THE HECK ARE YOU????

GREAT TO SEE YOU.

All kinds of good things are finally happening with the JBR case.

The best is James Kolar along with other experts, are doing a JBR docu-series on CBS starting Sept 18th.

More later but I wanted to pop in and say HI to RR. Glad to see you back posting.

Love,
    Tricia
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword