Peter Boyles interviews Dan Caplis, Craig Silverman, Julie Hayden and Carol McKinley

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, Oct 23, 2013.

1. cynic

cynic Member

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OMG! I was just wondering where you have been hiding, cynic!

I can't wait to hear this!

But I hope I don't have the urge to kick McKinley this time.

Attached Files:

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Thanks, Cynic.

I really don't understand why some people feel obligated to dream up whacky theories--like that an outsider was involved with Patsy in the murder. Patsy was exhausted and certainly had no time or energy to try to pull off some convoluted attention getting scam.

4. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

5. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks Cynic for those 2 interviews. Peter Boyle's comment about John Ramsey now is that he can no longer be the victim. He is now the leper with his bells ringing so we can all hear him coming.

I love the analogy! Also both Peter and Carol McKinley think that what will be released will be just a page with the names of the grand jurors who voted for the true bill...no info. We will have to wait. Hmmmmm.

6. heymom

heymom Member

They said there were 9 pages, half about John, half about Patsy.

NINE PAGES!!!

:genie::genie::genie:

Edit, sorry it was 18 pages, 9 each for John and Patsy. Even better!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks for the info.

I don't see how anything of value will be revealed.

8. heymom

heymom Member

Well someone had to be the skunk at the picnic... :p

Gee Lurker, can't ya just let us HOPE for a while????

:nyah:

9. cynic

cynic Member

Hey Zoomama,

I believe the document that we will end up seeing will be relatively brief and definitely not 18 pages long, (but more than a single page.)
    The twist in the story is that there were multiple possible charges drafted for consideration by the GJ, which made for a fairly lengthy document.
    Clearly the GJ did not ultimately choose to act, on the record, with respect to some of these potential charges which presumably addressed, in a more specific way, the sexual aspect of what happened to JonBenet.

Here is the relevant portion of the Judge’s order:
    The court has now reviewed the documents submitted under seal. The documents consist of 18 pages, 9 each relating to John and Patricia Ramsey. It appears that the District Attorney presumably acting at the direction of the Grand Jury, prepared a series of possible charges regarding John Ramsey and Patricia Ramsey based on the fact that the child had died and that there was evidence that a sexual assault of the child had occurred. Although the documents contain more pages prepared by the District Attorney, the only pages that are “official actions of” the Grand Jury are those that are signed by the Foreman of the Grand Jury.
    IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED that the portions of the documents filed under seal by the District Attorney that are signed by the Foreman of the Grand Jury shall be disclosed to the Plaintiffs and shall be open for inspection effective October 25, 2013.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  10. koldkase

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Craig Silverman on Mary Lacy being taken in by Tracey and arresting John PERV Karr: "How stupid do you have to be to be taken in by Michael Tracey?"

BEST COME-BACK OF THE WEEK:

Dan Caplis to Silverman: "You have to want to be taken in."

11. cynic

cynic Member

Carol McKinley’s article at The Daily Beast, Oct 25, 2013
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...revelations-in-jonbenet-s-unsolved-death.html

New Revelations in JonBenet’s Unsolved Death

[SNIP]

One lead detective, gun at his hip in disbelief, pounded the table with his fists before storming out, slamming the door behind him. For 18 months this team of detectives had worked 60-hour weeks, finding witness after witness, building what they were sure was a rock solid case.
    And it had all been for nothing.

[SNIP]

On Friday, one of America’s most famous unsolved mysteries was revived when portions of the grand jury’s final recommendations to the DA were released. The key revelation: the grand jury had, in fact, recommended indicting John and Patsy Ramsey with child abuse resulting in death, and with being accessories to first degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

Specifically, the jury believed the Ramseys permitted a child to be "unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey," and that they assisted a person "knowing the person being assisted has committed and was suspected of the crime of murder in the first degree and child abuse resulting in death."

[SNIP]

Yet in the end, Hunter decided not to indict anyone. That decision continues to baffle some law enforcement officials nearly two decades later.
    “They’re frustrated that they didn’t get the support and cooperation they needed from the DA’s office so that they may have moved this case to its conclusion,” says A. James Kolar, a former lead investigator with the Boulder County DA’s office and author of the book “Foreign Faction”.

Indeed, police felt they had given Hunter plenty of ammunition to charge the Ramsey couple. Among the witnesses who had gone before the Grand Jury were the Ramseys’ housekeeper, the best friend with whom they’d spent Christmas, and her brother Burke. There had been handwriting and DNA testimony. (John and Patsy Ramsey were never called to testify.) But in the end, Hunter had decided it wasn’t enough to prosecute JonBenet’s parents for her death.

Hunter declined to comment for this story, saying, “I’m bound by my oath to the court and Colorado statutes governing Grand Jury proceedings.”
    Since the day Hunter refused to indict, the Boulder grand jury that heard the case has been largely silent, avoiding the limelight despite the fact that their names and faces can be found with a simple Google search. The husband of one juror said in an interview that he still tries in vain to get his wife to talk about her experience: “My wife never told me anything, and I sleep with her!” Another juror declined an interview request with The Daily Beast, saying only, “This was not a case of ‘Twelve Angry Men.’ There wasn’t much argument at the end.”

[SNIP]

John Ramsey declined repeated requests for comment. Through his attorneys, he told current District Attorney Stan Garnett that he opposed the release of the Grand Jury document unless the entire record was also opened to the public.

After the documents were released on Friday, one of Ramsey’s attorneys, L. Lin Wood, said they "validate John Ramsey’s position that the Boulder District Attorney should release the entire grand jury record and not just 4 pages from an 18-month investigation that produced volumes of testimony and exhibits. The grand jury's true bills on Counts 4(a) and 7 are nonsensical. They reveal nothing about the evidence reviewed by the grand jury and are clearly the result of a confused and compromised process. The Ramsey Family and the public are entitled to the benefit of the full and complete record, not just a historical footnote. Fairness dictates that result.”

He added that the grand jury didn't have "the benefit of the conclusive 2008 DNA testing that led to the unequivocal, public exoneration of the Ramsey family."
    Stan Garnett, the current DA now in his second term, says he plans to write an op-ed on the mistakes a DA can make if a case of this magnitude surfaces in his or her district, including having poor relations with police.

Mark Beckner, the current Boulder police chief, said in an interview that he’s okay with the document release, and that it doesn’t change the situation. "This is officially a cold case. There are no active leads nor is this an active investigation,” he said. "We don't know exactly what happened in that house that night. No one does except? the perpetrators."

Though this will be the first official document in the case released in years, the statute of limitations for child abuse resulting in death was up years ago.
    “It’s complicated,” says Kolar. “I don’t think anyone is going to be charged…. We’re past that point.”

12. BOESP

BOESP Member

Thank you Cynic.

There is something terribly wrong with a judicial system that allows a statute of limitations override the seeking of justice in the death of a small child, especially a death at the hands of a family member.

13. koldkase

It's worse than that.

Hunter didn't just allow the statute of limitations to run out, HE LOCKED THE GRAND JURY INDICTMENTS IN HIS SAFE!

I can't believe how many lawyers on TV who are defending him.

Cannot BELIEVE this corruption is so deep, so pervasive, and so complete in the legal community.

Oh, wait. They're LAWYERS. Duh!

And how bad is the media reportage? I have accepted that what once was journalism has now morphed into Professional Shills for Private Agendas: it's business as usual. They aren't remotely interested in knowing anything about the topic of the Shill for the Day: just sign my check and I'll say anything you want.

The only anchor I saw yesterday who actually gave a report on this was...I can't believe it...FoxNews' guy Shephard. I have to mention him and his guest because they actually reported on this as if they were legit journalist, no teeth gnashing, no banners, no bias. In contrast to everything I saw on HLN and CNN and MSNBC, it stood out. Guess Lin Wood didn't get to them fast enough.

Anyway...I listened to Boyles' show from yesterday: the hour when he had Caplis and Silverman on again. They read the indictments when they came out. It was interesting hearing that.

14. koldkase

You're right, BobC. I imagine Caplis came up with his "third person" theory because said on a show last week that he'd been called and told what the Grand Jury indictments were soon after this all went down. Back then so much that we know now was still secret. So I guess he was figuring in that "intruder" DNA and the charges and that's what he came up with.

Hilariously, that's what some IDI are now coming up with: the Ramseys HELPED the Intruder!

Take that, Team Ramsey. :tsmile:

15. heymom

heymom Member

You're kidding me. No, really, you have to be kidding me.

People that stupid really walk upright?

16. koldkase

Oh, you have no idea....

If you want to jump into the middle of the knuckle-walkers, go to an IDI forum.

17. heymom

heymom Member

No thanks, I'll take y'all's word for it! I've only ever been briefly to Web-Sleuths or Topix, can't remember which one. Otherwise, it's been FFJ all the way. U peepuls is SMART!

18. Thor

Thor Active Member

Holy smit. I hadn't had time to listen to the Boyles' link with Caplis and Silverman until today. I had read that Caplis thought an outside person was maybe involved, but about crapped when I listened to his theory. He said his theory hadn't changed from day one and now feels more strongly than ever. He thinks it is possible that due to Patsy wanting JonBenet to be famous, she might have concocted a scheme similar to the movie Ransom (which we all have speculated might have played a part here since it had just come out). He thinks it is possible someone pretended to kidnap her, per Patsy's instructions, and something went wrong. He thinks John was for sure involved in a coverup. I'm trying to think back on what we know up till now and wonder if that is even remotely possible. I just don't know, but it's got me to thinking. Wow, what a mess if that was true.

Edited this to show I went back and read BobC's comment about this on page one. Still, it is bizarre.

19. Thor

Thor Active Member

On second thought, that theory wouldn't explain the sexual abuse, which was there. Well, it was interesting to listen to I guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice