Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

I have 2 problems with BDI:

1.why did so many people risk their careers (AH,ML,etc) for a 9year old who couldn't have been prosecuted anyway?

2.put yourself in their shoes (R)...they lost two kids.she got cancer.the remaining child has mental problems.the whole world thought they were abusers,child killers.must be a living HORROR NIGHTMARE.yet they acted like not much happened.doesn't make sense to me
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."

there are these clips from the funeral video,when they greet the priest outside the church...I am not crazy but JR is acting like he's attending a wedding or something!at least PR tries to act like a grieving mom (bad performance anyway)...something is just not right with these people....
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine_ws View Post
    there are these clips from the funeral video,when they greet the priest outside the church...I am not crazy but JR is acting like he's attending a wedding or something!at least PR tries to act like a grieving mom (bad performance anyway)...something is just not right with these people....
    Yeah, I know, the whole funeral was a sham, Burke was cutting up in church, had no appropriate response. You can say it was his age, but my mother died when I was 10 and I understood what had happened, and that she was gone forever. I loved her. If Burke had had any sort of attachment to his sister he would have had some sort of emotional reaction, at SOME point.

John must have felt a sort of relief because JonBenet's body would be put into the grave, which meant no more examination by LE. "Whew," we're just about out of danger. I'm sure he knew that once the funeral had taken place, they were going to be a little further out of the spotlight. And he may have some narcissistic traits himself, which means that he can't form proper attachments to people in the first place.

Patsy may have been so drugged up at that point that she hardly knew where she was. Or maybe like John, there was some sense of closure and that she could let JonBenet go and move forward with the 1 remaining child she had. It would freak me out tremendously to live in a house with a child who had done such a horrendous thing, but I guess if I thought it was his only hope for any kind of a normal life, I could try to manage. It explains the fact that John seems to have no relationship with Burke now. He did what he could for Burke and now, just can't continue with it.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Default BPD statement

Full statement
    http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...amsey-case.pdf

Snip from the Boulder Police statement regarding the release of the grand jury indictments:

“Until this release, it was difficult to remain silent in reference to our knowledge of the true bills for so many years,” stated Police Chief Mark Beckner.

So, the BPD knew all along that true bills indicting John and Patsy had been issued by the grand jury? Was the BPD sworn to secrecy?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Now thinking I don't know what to think about Who Patsy was in Cahoots with ~ still Loving the Validation that she indeed penned the Ransom Not(e) & all that phony acting from her was indeed just that ~ All a Lie!!!

Many things are pointing to Burke ~ I cannot deny this ~ Insert drugged out Patsy here ~ Keep Your Babies Close ~ was she really losing it during that sound byte because she knew she kept her Babies too far away all alone on the 2nd floor?!?! Watch it again ~ that's is what my gut told me for the first time so now I have to figure out whether to listen to it or not...
    Good point, Rat.

But I noticed Patsy couldn't force one teardrop out of her eye when she said that, though she was clearly trying her best. I find that so telling.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tril View Post
    Full statement
    http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...amsey-case.pdf

Snip from the Boulder Police statement regarding the release of the grand jury indictments:

“Until this release, it was difficult to remain silent in reference to our knowledge of the true bills for so many years,” stated Police Chief Mark Beckner.

So, the BPD knew all along that true bills indicting John and Patsy had been issued by the grand jury? Was the BPD sworn to secrecy?
    Oh, worse than that: Alex Hunter went on public record a few times threatening to torture and bury anyone who dared utter one word of the Grand Jury findings or procedures.

Okay, I exaggerated...a little.

Here's what's funny: Larry Schiller had a Grand Juror on his case documentary aired on the night of Patsy's burial in 2006. That woman showed her face, talked right into the camera, and was edited to make it appear the grand jury didn't believe the Ramseys were culpable in any way.

Now we know that not only was that misleading, it was a downright lie told through editing. Did Mary Lacy go after that grand juror? Ha! And for some reason, all those talking heads on TV who are in high dudgeon over the pitiful Ramseys being so put upon by LE don't seem to have a clue about all the lies and double standards carried out by Team Ramsey for 16 years...or care!

We know that Schiller knew the truth about the Grand Jury indictments because Peter Boyles is now on his radio show telling us Schiller told him during the hour BEFORE Hunter went to his press conference and said NO INDICTMENTS.

Then Hunter locked the Grand Jury Indictments into his own safe so the statute of limitations could run out in Dec., a mere 2 months later.

How's that for a bunch of lowdown skullduggery from a D.A.? Oops, I meant TWO D.A's.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Default Despicable!

koldkase, I knew there were a lot of shenanigans going on with the case, but it never dawned on me that the grand jury had indeed indicted John and Patsy and that Hunter had refused to charge them...not to mention all the other underhanded tricks he pulled. Locked the GJ documents in his safe? Sheesh.

On a Cold Justice episode I saw, the team's investigation of a murder case brought to light the fact that a grand jury had indicted a certain suspect, but that the DA had not taken the case to trial. An update at the end of the episode stated that the DA was now under investigation for not doing so. I guess it's different in Boulder. I guess lots of things are different in Boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Elle, what you are assuming is that the paintbrush stabbing was part of the cover-up. Maybe most people think it was. My mind goes in a different direction. I don't think Patsy would have used her own paintbrush to do such a thing, too close, too incriminating. But I can see a young boy experimenting on an unconscious body in front of him, that perhaps he had not had that kind of access to before. Maybe he thought that would wake her up, if nothing else did?

We've said for YEARS about how amateurish the cord around her neck was. It was, and I also don't believe Patsy or John would have done things that way. I think they worked with what they found, and added the ransom note, and maybe cleaned and redressed her. Maybe. Still not sure that the perpetrator didn't do most of it himself. It's true that Patsy's coat fibers were found in the cord, but maybe that was accidental. Just things we will never, ever know.

Dang, I sure wish Chief Kolar could speak about what he knows.
    There were only three people in this house, hm and if Patsy and John Ramsey wanted to save their son, they would have had to do whatever they could with the end result being to destroy the evidence already present in JonBenét's vagina. This is where the evidence was present of this little girl being tampered with.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    There were only three people in this house, hm and if Patsy and John Ramsey wanted to save their son, they would have had to do whatever they could with the end result being to destroy the evidence already present in JonBenét's vagina. This is where the evidence was present of this little girl being tampered with.
    I know, Elle, but I can see another scenario where the scene was basically already in place before Patsy came across it, including the paintbrush insertion, and perhaps even the cord around JonBenet's neck. In other words, maybe the parents didn't think to try and destroy the previous evidence, maybe they didn't get that clever. Maybe they really didn't know the extent of the previous molestation, I don't know. But more molestation could have happened that night including the paintbrush.

We will never know.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    I know, Elle, but I can see another scenario where the scene was basically already in place before Patsy came across it, including the paintbrush insertion, and perhaps even the cord around JonBenet's neck. In other words, maybe the parents didn't think to try and destroy the previous evidence, maybe they didn't get that clever. Maybe they really didn't know the extent of the previous molestation, I don't know. But more molestation could have happened that night including the paintbrush.

We will never know.
    That's how I see it, heymom - the scene was pretty much already in place.

The cord around the neck, which I think was part of the game the siblings were playing, may have been John and Patsy's inspiration for the threat in the ransom note that JonBenet would be beheaded if the Rs didn't follow instructions. Garrotes are sometimes used in internal decapitation beheadings, a type of execution in which the skull is separated from the spinal cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Tril View Post
    That's how I see it, heymom - the scene was pretty much already in place.

The cord around the neck, which I think was part of the game the siblings were playing, may have been John and Patsy's inspiration for the threat in the ransom note that JonBenet would be beheaded if the Rs didn't follow instructions. Garrotes are sometimes used in internal decapitation beheadings, a type of execution in which the skull is separated from the spinal cord.
    I guess it's a possibility. I am thinking that once the head blow was struck, JonBenet was unconscious, so whatever was done to her, she wouldn't have responded. She may have been stuck a couple of times with pieces of a train track (to see if she'd wake up), had a paintbrush put inside her, and then had a cord wrapped around her neck. I know that's something not a lot of people have considered - that the perpetrator did the whole thing (minus the ransom note of course) - but I have always had a problem with either John or Patsy "finishing JonBenet off," so to speak. But once you take away a normal sibling relationship, and a normal conscience, anything is possible.

Maybe the scene wasn't staged as much as the ransom note was adapted to the scene that was already there.

In any case, we'll never know.

heymom, your ideas make sense too. I doubt we’ll ever know exactly how it happened, but I do believe that the ransom note was written to fit the scene.

Like you, I’ve never been able to accept the idea that John and Patsy finished her off. It seems clear to me from reading the ransom note (“...we have your daughter in our posession...”) that they’d initially planned to remove the body from the house and put it someplace where it would be quickly found.

Maybe it wouldn’t fit in the duffel bag, or maybe they were afraid of being seen, but I also think it’s possible that when it came down to it, they couldn’t bear the thought of dumping the body of their beloved daughter out there in the cold night, alone, where animals could find it. I don’t think of John and Patsy as heartless, and I can’t imagine them finishing her off or harming the body to stage the scene.