Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default James Kolar and Beth Karas on Tricia's Show tonight - 10/27/2013

8 pm, ET Here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleu...t-8-pm-eastern

Two of my fav's.

It will be excellent, no doubt!

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Default He's on now!

Tricia is speaking about the phone records and saying that they do exist. And wondering if we can get them.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Here's some info on those phone records: http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=6832

Did I hear Kolar say those records COULD be used by LE because LE didn't get them illegally or through their own efforts to obtain them illegally?

He mentioned the "exclusionary rule". I have to go back and listen to that part again.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Here's some info on those phone records: http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=6832

Did I hear Kolar say those records COULD be used by LE because LE didn't get them illegally or through their own efforts to obtain them illegally?

He mentioned the "exclusionary rule". I have to go back and listen to that part again.
    I understood Kolar to say the phone records could be used. Since they were legally obtained as evidence in the Rapps case they were legally obtained so a request could be made to see them by LE.

Chief Kolar also said that while Statute of Limitations in other places (states in the USA) might allow taking the Ramsey case back to court Colorado statutes would prohibit doing so because of the way Colorado law is written (my paraphrasing).

What I didn't and don't understand is why are other cold cases in Colorado allowed to be taken back to court but this one isn't. That makes it look like either the killer is dead and/or underage and can't be charged (if so it also explains why John Ramsey wouldn't be charged because he would have been an accessory). Otherwise, why is this cold case different than any other Colorado cold case homicide?

Great show, Tricia! I don't really know who Beth Karas is, so I wish it had been only Chief Kolar tonight. But hopefully there will be other interviews. She didn't know a whole lot about the JonBenet Ramsey case, did she?
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    I understood Kolar to say the phone records could be used. Since they were legally obtained as evidence in the Rapps case they were legally obtained so a request could be made to see them by LE.

Chief Kolar also said that while Statute of Limitations in other places (states in the USA) might allow taking the Ramsey case back to court Colorado statutes would prohibit doing so because of the way Colorado law is written (my paraphrasing).

What I didn't and don't understand is why are other cold cases in Colorado allowed to be taken back to court but this one isn't. That makes it look like either the killer is dead and/or underage and can't be charged (if so it also explains why John Ramsey wouldn't be charged because he would have been an accessory). Otherwise, why is this cold case different than any other Colorado cold case homicide?
    I also thought that some time ago at least some states changed the laws on sexual abuse having a statute of limitation, but I'm fuzzy on that. Kolar should know, and maybe it has to do with Colorado and/or the victim being deceased. We may have to look into that, though.

I hope we heard Kolar right about those phone records. I swear, it's going to drive me crazy if somebody doesn't at least TRY to get them!

I'm sure there is no statute of limitations on murder in Colorado. I think the issue is proving which of the Ramseys to charge for that count.

Personally, I think both Patsy and John did that. I think they did it together. Both had clothing fibers left in incriminating places on the body, panties, duct tape, paint tray, and tied into the ligature knots, as I remember it.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Great show, Tricia! I don't really know who Beth Karas is, so I wish it had been only Chief Kolar tonight. But hopefully there will be other interviews. She didn't know a whole lot about the JonBenet Ramsey case, did she?
    If you saw Beth, you'd recognize her. She worked as a legal reporter on location at the old flagship of Court TV for 20 years, she said. I've watched her through many a case. She's one of the best, a true professional and an outstanding journalist and lawyer. She and Jean Casarez worked in tandem.

She's freelance now, I believe. The thing about Beth is she's got a huge celebrity status among Court TV followers. She knows so much about so many cases, and Tricia getting her on is a REAL FEATHER in Tricia's cap. I wanted to know if Karas knew about the autopsy findings on prior molestation because she knows so many of the very talking heads who were on TV last week IGNORING THAT ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM while talking about DNA ARTIFACT as something important. How can she know and they're CLUELESS? Who knows, maybe Beth can GIVE THEM A CLUE if she is on a show talking about this case?

I thought it was an outstanding show. I have to listen again, there was so much to take in. Kolar dropped some more info, like that there are no Ramsey phone records in the case file. I know Thomas wrote that was the case when he left in 1998. Kolar's investigation was some 8 years later, not counting the 2009 Beckner "cold case" gang he joined for a week. So I wanted to hear him say it. I've whittled away at Kolar about them every chance I get, and finally tonight, thanks to Tricia, he nailed it down for me.

I loved that Michael came in with his incredulity about that, too. Exactly how I felt when I read that in Thomas' book so long ago. He's a good person to have on, as he's so quiet you forget he's there, then he comes in with exactly the right question!

Cynic, you were awesome, even more than usual!

And of course, Tricia, you are THE BOMB! You continually amaze me with your wonderful guests!

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Default What puzzles me

Why did Steve Thomas and James Kolar reach such opposite conclusions about how this crime went down? Did Thomas miss clues along the way? Was he forced to try and protect Burke as well? Maybe Chief Kolar could offer some explanation next time he's on Tricia's show.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Why did Steve Thomas and James Kolar reach such opposite conclusions about how this crime went down? Did Thomas miss clues along the way? Was he forced to try and protect Burke as well? Maybe Chief Kolar could offer some explanation next time he's on Tricia's show.
    I am asking me the same thing since I did read Mr. Kolars book.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickii View Post
    I am asking me the same thing since I did read Mr. Kolars book.
    Chief Kolar sort of addressed this last night. If I "read" him correctly, he said he purposely wrote in the style that he did so readers could come their own conclusion and that he did not make a statement as to what he believed.

I understand how it looks like Kolar believed Burke did it but I interpreted his book differently. While Burke could be the responsible, I believe the info in Kolar's book may suggest Burke was a witness and that some event(s) he was involved in that night (and perhaps many times in the past) could have precipitated the actual event that caused the head trauma. Imo, the book also possibly suggests Burke had been abused and misused at some time in his life.

I could be wrong but I think Burke was a witness with a history of having suffered abuse. That view, imo, fits a combined view from Kolar and Thomas.

Thank you for your interpretation BOESP. It sounds really interesting.

I thought, that Mr. Thomas maybe wanted to lure Patsy out of the closet that she at least would distance herself from her son.

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    Chief Kolar sort of addressed this last night. If I "read" him correctly, he said he purposely wrote in the style that he did so readers could come their own conclusion and that he did not make a statement as to what he believed.

I understand how it looks like Kolar believed Burke did it but I interpreted his book differently. While Burke could be the responsible, I believe the info in Kolar's book may suggest Burke was a witness and that some event(s) he was involved in that night (and perhaps many times in the past) could have precipitated the actual event that caused the head trauma. Imo, the book also possibly suggests Burke had been abused and misused at some time in his life.

I could be wrong but I think Burke was a witness with a history of having suffered abuse. That view, imo, fits a combined view from Kolar and Thomas.
    Please go back and re-read pages 368 and 369 of Kolar's book and then tell me again that he thinks Burke was just a witness. The chapter is titled "SBP and Beyond," and SBP stands for sexual behavior problems (acting out against others while still a child).

Here is just one quote from that chapter, on p. 372:

"In my review of all of the official interviews recorded with this boy, not once had he expressed concern about the welfare of his sister, nor had he ever asked investigators how their search for her killer was progressing."