Default Boulder’s new police chief is Greg Testa

Sad, but not unexpected…

Testa said he has no plans to reignite the investigation into Boulder’s most famous cold case, the killing of Jon Benet Ramsey.
    “There is no goal or move to take that in front of a grand jury any time soon,” he said.
    Testa doesn’t expect to make any big changes to the 285-person department that’s seen little change at the top—with community policing still a stop priority.
    In between catching criminals, he hopes to catch some fish. Fly fishing is one of his favorite hobbies.
    “I love getting out, being on the water, kind of by yourself. It just gives you time to think,” he said.
    Testa has been married for 28 years and has two adult children—one who is a student at nearby University of Colorado.
    He probably won’t rival Beckner’s 16-year reign as chief. Testa said he plans to serve up to 10 years before retiring.

http://kdvr.com/2014/06/18/boulders-...ctim-of-crime/

It would be interesting to hear what James Kolar has to say about him since Testa is thanked in the Acknowledgment section of Kolar’s book:
    To name but a few, I would like to thank the following people for their assistance, and contribution to my work in this investigation: Rick French, Tom Wickman, Steve Thomas, TomTrujillo, Mark Beckner, Kurt Weiler, Ron Gosage, Greg Testa, and Shelley Hisey.

Well, what's he going to do? Arrest Patsy?

He may as well fly fish. That's as close as he's ever going to get to justice in this case.

Thanks for the update, cynic--ever watchful.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post

He may as well fly fish. That's as close as he's ever going to get to justice in this case.

The only hope would have been Kolar, but they chose not to search outside of the department to fill the position.
    With respect to Testa, I suppose I would have been happier if he had spouted empty promises and cheap platitudes – you know, like a politician pretending to care. At least I’m used to that.

Thank you for this update cynic.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post

Everyone is cut from the same cloth in Boulder, aren't they? JB will never have her hero.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    The only hope would have been Kolar, but they chose not to search outside of the department to fill the position.
    With respect to Testa, I suppose I would have been happier if he had spouted empty promises and cheap platitudes – you know, like a politician pretending to care. At least I’m used to that.
    I hear ya'.

But they don't even bother with trying to fake it anymore in Boulder.

I guess having Hunter and Lacy as your historical reference in this case does make it rather difficult to pretend, in this case.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Everyone is cut from the same cloth in Boulder, aren't they? JB will never have her hero.
    Well, she's had heroes in Thomas and Kolar, but corruption bought by money and power aligned against justice prevailed.

At least, in an actual court of law, it did.

But I know who molested and murdered JonBenet.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~