The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Default Rachel Cook's Father, Robert, has Died

Robert Cook has passed away. He wasn't old, but he was sick. I'm sure whatever he had wrong with him was brought on by the stress of having your daughter disappear yards from your house in broad daylight, never to be seen again.

Many of us knew Robert. We knew him to be a very kind and strong.

We all went to Austin to help Robert look for Rachel. On that trip I met many members of FFJ whose friendship I still enjoy today.

There are wonderful pictures at Robert's obituary on Legacy.com Thanks to JR for her hard work and help with the photos.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...77&mid=6186311

Robert was one of the good guys. My hope is now with Rachel..Robert Cook certainly deserves a place in Heaven.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Robert Cook has passed away. He wasn't old, but he was sick. I'm sure whatever he had wrong with him was brought on by the stress of having your daughter disappear yards from your house in broad daylight, never to be seen again.

Many of us knew Robert. We knew him to be a very kind and strong.

We all went to Austin to help Robert look for Rachel. On that trip I met many members of FFJ whose friendship I still enjoy today.

There are wonderful pictures at Robert's obituary on Legacy.com Thanks to JR for her hard work and help with the photos.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...77&mid=6186311

Robert was one of the good guys. My hope is now with Rachel..Robert Cook certainly deserves a place in Heaven.
    This is such sad news to hear, other than he will now be reunited with Rachel. Robert was a good and kind and generous man who had his heart broken when his daughter disappeared, yet he had the strength of a gentle giant to never stop searching for her or helping other parents in the same situation. Robert was a friend. I will miss him.

R.I.P. Robert
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Default Robert Cook

Moab I echo your thoughts completely about Robert. He used every avenue to search for his daughter. He never gave up. This has no doubt hastened his death. What a wonderful man.

Rip Robert Cook.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Thanks for this Tricia. I didn't know any of them, but read about Rachel here a long time ago. So, so sad and so sad he didn't find out what happened.
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

Default RIP, Robert Cook

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    Moab I echo your thoughts completely about Robert. He used every avenue to search for his daughter. He never gave up. This has no doubt hastened his death. What a wonderful man.

Rip Robert Cook.
    I am so sorry to hear that Robert has passed. He was such a good man--so passionate in the cause of his beloved daughter, Rachel.

They are together now, father and daughter, hand in hand, in the Kingdom.

Thanks for letting us know, Tricia.

This is sad. I hear about his daughter's case from time to time. I can't imagine the pain Robert and her mother have endured. Two detectives took the case this year looking for new leads.

There is a $50,000 reward for info leading to an arrest: call 1-800-253-7867

Seems if that info got to the right person, this case could be solved.

This is a good video with mother Janet, info, pictures, and the new detectives working the case now:

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/244...-disappearance

Here's a video about Robert's passing, with a touching interview with his sister where she reveals some spine-tingling information on what Robert came to believe about his daughter being found: http://www.myfoxaustin.com/video?cli...autoStart=true

Another video, shorter, where his sister says she promised Robert she would never quit looking for Rachel: http://www.myfoxaustin.com/video?cli...autoStart=true

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Thanks for the additional information KK. Robert worked so hard looking for Rachel and to know he passed without finding her and bringing her home just saddens my heart.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**