Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Lou Smit lives on

    Precisely what we don’t need more of…
    This case has had its share of crackpots, and it’s not over.

    (My comments in blue.)
    Justice For JonBenet! Retired Cops Club Vows To Hunt Down Her Killer As New DNA Claims Emerge
    Dec 18, 2014, Radar Online

    Actually, it’s little more than the Lou Smit fan club.

    [SNIP]

    According to a report in The National ENQUIRER, the evidence has been uncovered by a group of retired law enforcement officers famous for solving some of the nation’s toughest cold cases, and determined to get “justice for the little angel.”
    The crack Colorado crime fighters, known as the Apple Dumpling Gang, told The ENQUIRER that the evidence seriously challenges the Boulder County district attorney office’s handling of the case.

    Should read, “Colorado crime fighters on crack.”

    [SNIP]

    Members of the Apple Dumpling Gang also say John Mark Karr, a Georgia man who infamously claimed in 2006 that he accidentally killed JonBenet, should be reconsidered as a suspect.

    If ever there was a way to lose all credibility that would be the way.

    [SNIP]

    The Apple Dumpling Gang was formed by the late Lou Smit, a seasoned detective who came out of retirement in 1997 to help Boulder authorities with the case.
    Smit is credited with developing the theory that an intruder killed JonBenet, and worked tirelessly to find her killer before cancer claimed his life in 2010.
    Now the group of still-sharp retirees includes Bobby Brown, a former criminal defense investigator, 86-year-old Charlie Hess, a former FBI agent and Colorado Springs homicide investigator, and Steve Pease, a former detective.

    Bobby Brown, the singer, probably has a better handle on the JonBenet investigation

    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...t-down-killer/
    Last edited by Moab; December 26, 2014, 6:45 am at Fri Dec 26 6:45:29 UTC 2014. Reason: per cynic's request

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Southern Silicon Valley !!
    Posts
    2,285

    Default Wow!

    I got all excited until I red further down. I wonder if their older age is now affecting them.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    I got all excited until I red further down. I wonder if their older age is now affecting them.
    Hey Zoomama,

    You do offer a possible explanation, however, I believe they are simply exhibiting a common problem present among their IDI peers.

    Last edited by cynic; December 25, 2014, 10:41 pm at Thu Dec 25 22:41:31 UTC 2014.

  4. #4

    Default

    Speaking of dumb, here’s the latest from the Globe – their “bombshell.”



    Edwards is JonBenet’s killer! That’s the bombshell exposed by retired detective John Cameron who could be called as a witness in a new investigation into the tot’s murder. Cameron, a former Great Falls, Mont., cold case expert and author, corresponded with Edwards in 2010 while the imprisoned fend was John awaiting execution for slaying his own foster son.
    Cameron places Edwards, 77, who died in 2011, in Colorado on Christmas Day, 1996 – just 30 miles from JonBenet’s house. And he reveals Edwards, who slaughtered at least five people, told him he liked to kill on holidays and leave bizarre fake ransom notes – just as JonBenet’s murderer did. Says Cameron, “There’s no doubt in my mind Edwards killed JonBenet.”

    Globe, January 5, 2015.

    Old “news.”
    'The most prolific serial killer you've never heard of' murdered JonBenet Ramsey, Jimmy Hoffa AND victims of Zodiac Killer, claims detective in new bookhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eard-murdered-

    Karen started a thread on this earlier here at FFJ…
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...onBenet-Ramsey

    Other than Hoffa, JonBenet, and the Zodiac killings, Cameron also has Edwards guilty of practically every other high-profile murder of the last century, including:
    Marilyn Sheppard, Martha Moxley, the West Memphis Murders, Chandra Levy, Laci Peterson, oh, and he’s also the The Anthrax Killer. Never a dull moment for this guy.

    The purpose of this site is to give family members of the 500+ victims of Edward Wayne Edwards some sort of peace.
    http://coldcasecameron.com/

    Good news, we finally learn (LOL) what SBTC stands for:
    The signature on the JonBenet ransom note, “Victory! S.B.T.C” meant, Signed By The Cross, The Zodiac Cross and Circle.



    Thanks (again) Enquirer and Globe – you clearly have this case solved.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Speaking of dumb, here’s the latest from the Globe – their “bombshell.”



    Edwards is JonBenet’s killer! That’s the bombshell exposed by retired detective John Cameron who could be called as a witness in a new investigation into the tot’s murder. Cameron, a former Great Falls, Mont., cold case expert and author, corresponded with Edwards in 2010 while the imprisoned fend was John awaiting execution for slaying his own foster son.
    Cameron places Edwards, 77, who died in 2011, in Colorado on Christmas Day, 1996 – just 30 miles from JonBenet’s house. And he reveals Edwards, who slaughtered at least five people, told him he liked to kill on holidays and leave bizarre fake ransom notes – just as JonBenet’s murderer did. Says Cameron, “There’s no doubt in my mind Edwards killed JonBenet.”

    Globe, January 5, 2015.

    Old “news.”
    'The most prolific serial killer you've never heard of' murdered JonBenet Ramsey, Jimmy Hoffa AND victims of Zodiac Killer, claims detective in new bookhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eard-murdered-

    Karen started a thread on this earlier here at FFJ…
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...onBenet-Ramsey

    Other than Hoffa, JonBenet, and the Zodiac killings, Cameron also has Edwards guilty of practically every other high-profile murder of the last century, including:
    Marilyn Sheppard, Martha Moxley, the West Memphis Murders, Chandra Levy, Laci Peterson, oh, and he’s also the The Anthrax Killer. Never a dull moment for this guy.

    The purpose of this site is to give family members of the 500+ victims of Edward Wayne Edwards some sort of peace.
    http://coldcasecameron.com/

    Good news, we finally learn (LOL) what SBTC stands for:
    The signature on the JonBenet ransom note, “Victory! S.B.T.C” meant, Signed By The Cross, The Zodiac Cross and Circle.



    Thanks (again) Enquirer and Globe – you clearly have this case solved.

    oh dear God....

    okay,we're already used to these kind of and their conspiracy "theories"

    but this is one of my fears re this case....that they will pin it on a dead guy like this one one day only to make people forget about it....
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a World With Too Much Crime
    Posts
    7,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madeleine_ws View Post
    oh dear God....

    okay,we're already used to these kind of and their conspiracy "theories"

    but this is one of my fears re this case....that they will pin it on a dead guy like this one one day only to make people forget about it....
    They have been trying to pin it on a "dead guy" since Helgoth. No reason for them not to continue to try with any dead body they find.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

    ______________________
    Bring all our Missing Home www.usearchut.org
    Prayers for our military who are protecting our freedom.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moab View Post
    They have been trying to pin it on a "dead guy" since Helgoth. No reason for them not to continue to try with any dead body they find.
    I’m pretty sure Lacy/Tracey/Smit were considering the "living dead" as well.
    As a matter of fact, if this “guy” stumbled their way – who knows what would have happened. At the very least they would have flown him back from Thailand.

    Last edited by cynic; December 31, 2014, 10:58 pm at Wed Dec 31 22:58:27 UTC 2014.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I’m pretty sure Lacy/Tracey/Smit were considering the "living dead" as well.
    As a matter of fact, if this “guy” stumbled their way – who knows what would have happened.
    Oh my lord! LOL
    Look at this guy - all the clues fit!

    But before firing up the Harrier Jump Jet to arrest this guy in Timbuctu, was he even in Colorado at the time? No, wait . . . would that even matter to Lacy/Tracey/Smit?

    "With this evidence chain, we must detain. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Moab; January 2, 2015, 9:27 am at Fri Jan 2 9:27:19 UTC 2015. Reason: repair picture link

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post



    Oh my lord! LOL
    Look at this guy - all the clues fit!

    But before firing up the Harrier Jump Jet to arrest this guy in Timbuctu, was he even in Colorado at the time? No, wait . . . would that even matter to Lacy/Tracey/Smit?

    "With this evidence chain, we must detain. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah"
    "With this evidence chain, we must detain" Thanks, "Johnnie."

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moab View Post
    They have been trying to pin it on a "dead guy" since Helgoth.
    the irony...I guess their own IDI evidence (DNA) stands in the way,no?maybe it's a good thing after all that there is some unknown DNA and that they claim it's the killer's....they won't be able to pin it on another Helgoth....am pretty sure they would have by now
    M. Lacy: "You know, no-one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don’t think you will get any prosecutor… unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime… to clear someone."



Similar Threads

  1. Lou Smit
    By rashomon in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: March 10, 2009, 12:00 pm, Tue Mar 10 12:00:08 UTC 2009
  2. Where is Lou Smit?
    By Barbara in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 20, 2006, 3:21 pm, Sun Aug 20 15:21:58 UTC 2006
  3. Lou Smit
    By Spade in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: January 18, 2004, 11:19 pm, Sun Jan 18 23:19:23 UTC 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •