Voyager, Our Longtime Friend and Poster Has Sadly Passed Away

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Sad news today as I have to write and tell you I just received a note from Voyager's daughter and her husband saying she passed away on March 24, she was 68 years old.

Before her diagnosis with brain Cancer, Voyager was one of the most vibrant posters here at FFJ and certainly a Champion for Justice for JonBenet.

She shared the birth of each grandchild with us, and was an integral part of the FFJ Family for many many years.

My thoughts and prayers are with her husband, her children and grandchildren, and her extended family

R.I.P my dear friend, I will miss you!

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

This so sad. Voyager came to Boulder with us. She was such an inspiration.
    Moab do we know about any services?
    I will post more later.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Services for Voyager were already held on April 4, 2015.

According to information from Voyager's family, memorial donations may be sent to the Tucson Audubon Society at:

www.tucsonaudubon.org

Voyager was a wonderful poster and a true voice for justice in the Ramsey case. She was also a caring and lovely person in "real life." I was fortunate to meet Voyager and her husband just a month before her brain tumor was diagnosed in late 2009.

Voyager may be gone from us now, but memories of her will always be with us; and for me, they always bring a smile.

For Voyager, my friend and forum compadre' ...

:cand:

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Cherokee. You are right. Voyager was a very caring and loving person.

She came to Boulder to present the petition to the Gov for a special prosecutor in the JBR case.

Voyager was a blast. Fun.

I remember one time she posted a picture of her very first grandbaby. Back then uploading photos was kind of a new thing because when she posted the picture it was HUGE. This cute baby looked like it was the size of Godzilla. Robert Cook came on and posted, "Voyager that's an awfuly big baby. Does she scare the neighbors"? OMG I STILL LAUGH AT THAT.

Voyager will be missed.

Tricia

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

OMG this breaks my heart. I always loved her posts. I never met her, but she sounded like a wonderful woman. So, so sorry to hear this.

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I am so very sorry to hear this. I also had never met her but enjoyed all of her posts and time on the forum

She will be missed

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and all who loved her

RIP

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I always liked her. I wonder of she met JB in the Afterlife? Interesting to think about- does JB come to greet those who have fought for justice for her...
    Now Voyager has embarked on the most amazing "voyage" of all. And now she KNOWS what we have all been struggling to know all these years. The TRUTH. Bless her heart.

8. Niner

Niner Active Member

Oh no! This is so sad to hear. I loved her posts here and will miss her balloon flying through the sky.

Prayers to Voyager's family!

:rose:

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Oh, I am so sorry. :cand:

10. Elle

Elle Member

Voyager

Oh! I am so sorry to hear this sad news
    about Voyager, Niner, I loved her choice of name on the board, and join you with
    Prayers to Voyager's family.

:rose: Elle

11. wombat

wombat Member

So sorry about this. She is at peace now.

:rose:

12. Harley

Harley Member

I am so sorry to hear this. Everytime I see a hot air balloon I think of her. God Bless her family.

13. heymom

heymom Member

Just noticed this thread, how sad

RIP Voyager....:cry:

14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Voyager

I have returned very late to this sad thread. Voyager was a great poster not just for FFJ business but her loving family and her grandchildren. I remember her stories about her SHABBY SHIEK store she had with her partner. May she R.I.P. Her loving family will be remembered because of her stories.

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Voyager, Sparky, and Zoomama--Good Bye and Remember Us...

...Till we meet again.

That'll be some New Year's Eve party in heaven this year!

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

No truer words were ever spoken!!!

17. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

It's been a while, just checked in for the first time in a long time, and so saddened to see familiar names that are no longer with us. I too still think of Voyager whenever I see a hot air balloon.

Big hugs to the rest of you.

18. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Good to see you Ayeka!

Sadly we have lost Zoomama and Sparky as well.

Hope you are well.

19. Tez

Tez Member

I am so sorry to hear about Voyager, Sparky, and Zoomama. They were so kind to me. FFJ isn't going to be the same without them.

20. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I know Tez...how have you been?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice