Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 33
  1. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    I wonder why this sudden urge of wanting to be on television - why now?

    Wonder why he didn't mention that he wanted the entire grand jury true bill released to the public?
    Some people have ‘posturing’ down to an art form.

    Quote from profiler JD’s book in which JR says: “It was really Patsy and me against the world,” John recalled. “We were pretty close to begin with, but this probably made us even closer. And if there is any lesson in all of this, it isn’t that an innocent child was murdered— because, unfortunately, that happens all too often— but that the police persecuted innocent people.”



    JR lives up to the hype presented by Smit and JD – calm and gracious, the finger again pointing subtly to the ineptitude of the police department. And then there was the short clip of BR sailing. (Probably a better choice than showing him golfing.) The sailing clip, I’m guessing, was meant to illustrate how normal BR is. This ‘normalcy’ is one of the things which JR claims is due to his protection of his son.

    Just for comparison, one can evaluate the hard-hitting questions answered in the AMAs broadcast earlier this year on reddit; maybe those AMAs encouraged JR to respond once again? IDK, but to me the program was strange and insipid.

  2. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    1,000 miles from nowhere
    Posts
    165

    Default

    JR said: "And if there is any lesson in all of this, it isn’t that an innocent child was murdered— because, unfortunately, that happens all too often— but that the police persecuted innocent people.


    BBM: Sounds about right -- look out for ole Number One.

  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post
    Some people have ‘posturing’ down to an art form.

    Quote from profiler JD’s book in which JR says: “It was really Patsy and me against the world,” John recalled. “We were pretty close to begin with, but this probably made us even closer. And if there is any lesson in all of this, it isn’t that an innocent child was murdered— because, unfortunately, that happens all too often— but that the police persecuted innocent people.”



    JR lives up to the hype presented by Smit and JD – calm and gracious, the finger again pointing subtly to the ineptitude of the police department. And then there was the short clip of BR sailing. (Probably a better choice than showing him golfing.) The sailing clip, I’m guessing, was meant to illustrate how normal BR is. This ‘normalcy’ is one of the things which JR claims is due to his protection of his son.

    Just for comparison, one can evaluate the hard-hitting questions answered in the AMAs broadcast earlier this year on reddit; maybe those AMAs encouraged JR to respond once again? IDK, but to me the program was strange and insipid.
    Having worked in hospitals long ago, "AMA" is either "Against Medical Advice," as in walking out of the hospital before your doctor discharged you, or the American Medical Association. Hard for me to get used to this new lingo!

    "Strange and insipid" is a very good description. Barbara Walters, as she did previously, is still sucking up to John Ramsey. Silly old boot.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

  4. #16

    Default

    One other tidbit. JR references in this interview that he is involved with an air charter and touring company. Tadpole at ws looked it up on the web. (There’s one tour company whose name seemed to be a good fit for a JR connection. But let me make clear: JR is not with the company Lizard Head Cycling Guides which does bike tours in Utah and Colorado.) It’s believed JR is involved in some manner with Redtail Aviation. http://redtailaviation.com/charters/ Folks will want to look at the photo in this link which shows the interior of the plane. I believe it’s photo #4.

  5. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post
    One other tidbit. JR references in this interview that he is involved with an air charter and touring company. Tadpole at ws looked it up on the web. (There’s one tour company whose name seemed to be a good fit for a JR connection. But let me make clear: JR is not with the company Lizard Head Cycling Guides which does bike tours in Utah and Colorado.) It’s believed JR is involved in some manner with Redtail Aviation. http://redtailaviation.com/charters/ Folks will want to look at the photo in this link which shows the interior of the plane. I believe it’s photo #4.
    I did a comparison between photo #4 and some stills from the Walters interview.


  6. #18

  7. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a World With Too Much Crime
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post

    Thank you for bringing this link to the board...I just love Alan Prendergast (and hence the signature on all my posts) because he is honest...he cannot be bought by public opinion, or by money, and certainly not by the fear of standing alone in his beliefs.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

    ______________________
    Bring all our Missing Home www.usearchut.org
    Prayers for our military who are protecting our freedom.

  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post
    I am dying over here...Look at the screen grab - They managed to catch ol' Lyin' Lizard Lips with his TONGUE OUT again!!

    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

  9. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    I am dying over here...Look at the screen grab - They managed to catch ol' Lyin' Lizard Lips with his TONGUE OUT again!!

    Heymom, that photo had to have been selected intentionally! The tongue came out when he mentioned losing his life savings and also when the New Mrs. JR walked onto the stage. (Some kind of anxiety?)

    On a related topic mentioned on this thread, I was thinking about Boesp’s and your questions about why JR spoke now. Boyles did a brief interview with Pendergast this past Monday and asked the same question, why now?

    I considered a couple of reasons he did the story.
    1) Walters reached out to him, and we know JR prefers, as Pendergast puts it, the “whiffle ball” questions. I’m guessing he may have received a list of the subjects to be covered. The Walters interview would be a cake walk and would give him another opportunity to advance his story, maybe make a little money for providing those movie clips of BR, though I didn’t perceive much defense of BR.
    2) JR is a competitive man (beating out a couple of other contenders for the presidency of Access Graphics, racing sailboats). Perhaps he felt that he ought to come out again to substantiate the story line they had promoted. He’d likely been counting on Woodward’s book being released to shield the family after Kolar’s book and the release of the True Bills. Problem with Woodward’s book . . .well, you know.

    Though I chose to not subject myself to the rehash of the old interview, I was interested in his gestures and the manner in which he replied during the new dialog with Walters. One part which gave me a stomach turning jolt was this -
    Walters attempted to create a poignant moment by asking: When you see a six year old playing in the park . .do you. . .JR interrupts, and rushes into (and out of) an explanation: Yeah . .inaudible .yeah . . .a little bit, if they’re a little girl with blonde hair . . . .
    A little bit? It was that exchange between Walters and JR which made me think that he doesn’t only need a ghost writer for authoring a book. He needs a ghost speaker.
    I digress.

    ____________

    I recall an interesting Ted Talks presentation by Pamela Meyers who wrote Liespotting. She said her purpose was not to teach people to come to a conclusion of lying when they see someone’s eyebrow twitch as in a ‘gotcha moment.’ It was to teach folks how to recognize in themselves what leads them to believe a liar. In this case, it seems as though many just need to believe the R storyline that they were just a normal, nice Christian family. And this belief was confirmed by ML’s ‘exoneration.’

    On this topic of what leads some to believe what the Rs and Smit said about the Intruder, I think of a story Meyers told at Ted Talks. Now you might remember Koko. Does anybody remember Koko the gorilla who was taught sign language? Koko was taught to communicate via sign language. Here's Koko with her kitten. It's her cute little, fluffy pet kitten. Koko once blamed her pet kitten for ripping a sink out of the wall.

    Koko thinks it will fly to blame the kitten for ripping out a sink. But of course it didn’t work.
    JMHO, for anyone who honestly studies the case, the Intruder theory is as outlandish as Koko’s blame of the sink and wall damage on a kitten. Sadly for justice for JonBenét, it worked.

  10. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post
    Now you might remember Koko. Does anybody remember Koko the gorilla who was taught sign language? Koko was taught to communicate via sign language. Here's Koko with her kitten. It's her cute little, fluffy pet kitten. Koko once blamed her pet kitten for ripping a sink out of the wall.

    Koko thinks it will fly to blame the kitten for ripping out a sink. But of course it didn’t work.
    It would fly under the following circumstances:
    1. It happened in Boulder.
    2. Koko retained Haddon, Morgan and Foreman as legal counsel.
    3. Lou Smit investigated it.

  11. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a World With Too Much Crime
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

    It would fly under the following circumstances:
    1. It happened in Boulder.
    2. Koko retained Haddon, Morgan and Foreman as legal counsel.
    3. Lou Smit investigated it.

    Most especially #3!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

    ______________________
    Bring all our Missing Home www.usearchut.org
    Prayers for our military who are protecting our freedom.

  12. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

    It would fly under the following circumstances:
    1. It happened in Boulder.
    2. Koko retained Haddon, Morgan and Foreman as legal counsel.
    3. Lou Smit investigated it.

    Oh dear, so if Koko had secured the right defense counsel in Boulder, and Smit had scrutinized the gorilla cam footage. . . but what if the GJ came out with True Bills? Koko would never have been charged!? The little cuddly kitten would forever be suspected! I’m shocked and must lie down now.



Similar Threads

  1. John Ramsey BDA interview - June 23, 1998
    By koldkase in forum Transcripts: Ramsey murder case
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 26, 2010, 2:48 pm, Sun Sep 26 14:48:38 UTC 2010
  2. John Ramsey BPD Interview - April 30, 1997
    By Moab in forum Transcripts: Ramsey murder case
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 14, 2010, 3:29 pm, Tue Sep 14 15:29:44 UTC 2010
  3. From John Ramsey's '98 interview
    By Spade in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: September 11, 2006, 6:03 pm, Mon Sep 11 18:03:43 UTC 2006
  4. John Ramsey's 1997 BPD interview
    By Spade in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 20, 2004, 3:25 pm, Tue Jan 20 15:25:16 UTC 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •