Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There's more...

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Default Pesky common child murders.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    JR said: "And if there is any lesson in all of this, it isn’t that an innocent child was murdered— because, unfortunately, that happens all too often— but that the police persecuted innocent people.

BBM: Sounds about right -- look out for ole Number One.
    Lizard Lip$ ~ the White Man$ Innocent O.J. Simp$on.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Default Sundry legal and media perspectives

As we drift into the 20th anniversary of JonBenet’s death, it’s also certain that more films and hardhitting () interviews such as the one done last November with Walters will occur.

- Prendergast wrote an interesting article last month about the interview with Diane Sawyer and Sue Klebold, mother of the Columbine killer Dylan Klebold, in which he critiques the questions which Sawyer did not ask, and the overall tone of the Klebold interview. He also briefly compares it with the ‘whiffle-ball’ interview between JR and Walters.
    http://www.westword.com/news/sue-kle...-asked-7612416

- Colorado has granted financial incentives to a team planning a film about the killing of child beauty pageant star JonBenet Ramsey in 1996. http://coloradofilm.org/2016/02/05/c...t-ramsey-film/

The Listen Productions-helmed project is eligible for a maximum rebate of $50,000 - 20 percent of the $250,000 the production has earmarked to spend in the state. Conditions for the rebate include an audit and a hiring requirement that at least 50 percent of the production’s workforce must be Colorado residents.

The producer's description of the film is unusual: A sly and stylized exploration of the world’s most sensational child-murder case, the unsolved death of six-year-old American beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey. . .Casting JonBenet presents audiences with a hybrid of fiction and non-fiction filmmaking.

As if the case needs a fictional hybrid to highlight its macabre and horrific facts. It sounds like Infotainment.

-A blog about suing a county entity caught my eye this past week. Let me state upfront: I’ve no idea if the blogger is correct or if she has missed nuances of what a lawsuit against a county would entail. But it was of interest to me because I’ve always heard that Sovereign Immunity (SOI) protects government entities, specifically federal, state and city/county governments, from lawsuits. According to this blog - https://shesjustafool.wordpress.com/...harisa-part-2/ - not so. Cities and counties can be sued.

Of course, it’s not as though anyone will, could or should ever initiate a lawsuit against Boulder County over something like missed oversight/the lack of transparency of government actions. (It was a mere 14 years after the GJ concluded that we learned True Bills were issued.) But sometimes one can’t help some wishful thinking that someone were held accountable for concealing these True Bills which apparently were tucked away in a safe, never to see the light of day until October 2013.
    Last edited by questfortrue; March 14, 2016, 1:24 am at Mon Mar 14 1:24:52 UTC 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post
    - Colorado has granted financial incentives to a team planning a film about the killing of child beauty pageant star JonBenet Ramsey in 1996. http://coloradofilm.org/2016/02/05/c...t-ramsey-film/

The Listen Productions-helmed project is eligible for a maximum rebate of $50,000 - 20 percent of the $250,000 the production has earmarked to spend in the state. Conditions for the rebate include an audit and a hiring requirement that at least 50 percent of the production’s workforce must be Colorado residents.

The producer's description of the film is unusual: A sly and stylized exploration of the world’s most sensational child-murder case, the unsolved death of six-year-old American beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey. . .Casting JonBenet presents audiences with a hybrid of fiction and non-fiction filmmaking.
    “A hybrid of fiction and non-fiction”
    Probably the usual hybrid we’ve been treated to by the likes of Michael Tracey et al.
    This one promises to be more bizarre than the rest if early indications are correct…

“The production team behind a movie being made about the JonBenet Ramsey case is slated for just one day of filming in Boulder, and its shooting plans could come as a surprise.”
    [SNIP]
    “Bellmer Productions LLC has pulled a city permit to shoot on Eighth Street between Silver Lake and Cherry avenues in far north Boulder near Foothills Community Park.
    The permit is for "a single snow day" in the hours between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. between Monday and March 21, and calls for a Boulder police officer to be on scene for intermittent traffic control.
    If the location is a surprise, the scene description listed on the city permit is, on the face of it, a riddle worthy of the still-unsolved murder itself.
    In the space where the permit applicant is asked to detail cameras, equipment and props that will be used, it is stated, "Video camera, prop police car, process trailer on back of truck. Movie set props to look like fake filming scene. Roadkill deer provided by CO Wildlife. Cop car 'hits' deer, fake movie crew removes deer from" (sic).”

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...rew-casts-dead
    ???
    Oh “deer.”

What’s sad is that Colorado is on the hook for 50k for what is likely to be pure swill.
    Money about as well spent as Lacy’s little expenditure on Karr.

Cynic, I’m sure you’ve seen the next film announcement.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...408-story.html

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...20-%20Mixed%29

The Ramsey project will be a docuseries featuring original investigators from the infamous case as well as new experts who will weigh in on the evidence.

It’s been this way for a while I guess - True Crime as Infotainment. It’s best to keep one’s expectations low, especially since it’s CBS involved in the new production about the JonBenet Ramsey case. I have a feeling 48 hours will not change the tenor of what they put together in past years. Anyone recall the CBS program of 48 hours on the 10 year anniversary of the crime? http://www.cbsnews.com/news/decade-o...ramsey-speaks/ Folks here will remember their use of Tracey in that program: For the past eight years, Michael Tracey has been a consultant to 48 Hours, giving the program access to his material.

And what investigators are they going to bring forward from the past – Douglas (who had to disregard his own profiling guidance in order to cloak JR in the innocence shroud), Gray, San Augustin, RW Peterson, all hired by the Rs? I can scarcely mention Smit and his book sidekick Whitson without despair. Between them they pulled Intruder fictions out of the hat as they vigorously pursued The Intruder through The Looking Glass.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...-strikes-again!
    Name:  Thruthelookingglass3.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  40.6 KB

For any recent case followers here’s a mini-tour down memory lane of media mayhem and misinformation.
    http://www.acandyrose.com/yellow-brick-road.htm (A good romp through Tracey’s distortions.)

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...907#post107907 (Affectionately titled Farewell, My Lowlife
    Tracking down Colorado's most notorious gumshoes by Alan Prendergast)

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...w-and-Disorder (A review by FFJ’s own cynic.)

Just an inescapable conclusion: In the R case there will always be folks eager to shill the swill.
    Or as Dire Straits might sing -
    ♫ Money for nothin’ . . .Injustice for JB.

My own opinion, of course.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Mine too.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool One More Round....

Just in time for the Twentieth Anniversary at the end of this year and, coincidentally enough, the return of the rancid Ramsey Spinner...Sue Bennett/jameson has returned and set up camp over at topix...so if attention is what they want, I will stroll back here and resurrect some reality to go along with their hypothetical theories simply because they would hate it if I did ~ LOL Rat reporting to duty!

JFJBR,
    RR 2016

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Just in time for the Twentieth Anniversary at the end of this year and, coincidentally enough, the return of the rancid Ramsey Spinner...Sue Bennett/jameson has returned and set up camp over at topix...so if attention is what they want, I will stroll back here and resurrect some reality to go along with their hypothetical theories simply because they would hate it if I did ~ LOL Rat reporting to duty!

JFJBR,
    RR 2016
    Hey RiverRat!

Do you have a link to that Topix thread? TIA!! I've missed Bennett/Jameson's rants! LOL!

Oh, and now were back to Helgoth (I believe it was the name) as the killer.... :facepalm:
    ~~"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Hey RiverRat!

Do you have a link to that Topix thread? TIA!! I've missed Bennett/Jameson's rants! LOL!

Oh, and now were back to Helgoth (I believe it was the name) as the killer.... :facepalm:
    She is all over Topix with nothing new to add so linking is not important at this time. There is money to be made right now with the 20th anniversary so of course she is back with one hand out and the other grabbing her wallet!