Discovery of a new case book!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by questfortrue, Dec 12, 2016.

1. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

I know we’ve all had hopes to see this anniversary of JonBenét's death as a watershed, an opening for more and more factual truths about the case. Since it is the 20th anniversary I thought there might be a new book on the case and visited Amazon.com to look. I came across the following which I’ve added to my Amazon watch list. It’s titled -

Listen Carefully: Truth and Evidence in the JonBenét Ramsey Case.

https://www.amazon.com/Listen-Caref...UTF8&qid=1481518257&sr=8-56&keywords=JonBenet

51eDhc630bL.jpg

This is its synopsis:
    “What really happened to JonBenet Ramsey? Was her death intentional or an accident, covered up to look like a botched kidnapping? What are the facts about the case DNA? What does it really tell us? Is it relevant to the crime or is it contamination? Can it be tied to an intruder, or was District Attorney Mary Lacy’s attempt at exoneration of the Ramseys based on faulty interpretation of the actual lab results?

“Listen Carefully: Truth and Evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey Case†contains 16 pages of explosive DNA reports from Bode Cellmark Forensics that had been hidden until recently, as well as details of the 2013 shocking revelation that John and Patsy Ramsey were indicted by a Grand Jury in 1999, but the Boulder District Attorney declined to prosecute.

"Exposing the many myths and misrepresentations of facts in the Ramsey case, the book uses documented evidence and detailed research, as well as extensive interviews with many who were involved in the case, to present the truth surrounding JonBenet’s death and the 20-year investigation.

"With a thorough linguistic analysis of the ransom note, as well as handwriting comparisons, new photos, footnotes, a bibliography for further reading and five appendices (including timelines, Ramsey house plans, and a guide to understanding DNA), the book is essential for anyone interested in not only what happened to JonBenet, but why.

"The True Crime Detectives Guild is a private organization that studies cases of unsolved crimes. Guild members have expertise in various disciplines. Modeled on the Vidocq Society, their primary goal is to shed light on challenging criminal cases, particularly those that have affected the public’s trust in an impartial media and an unbiased system of justice. Membership in the Guild is by invitation only.â€

The book can be preordered now and will be released on December 20th.

I’m encouraged. :beats:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

This is good news - new information and photos too! 12 pages of the DNA report results were released earlier from the long johns and nightgown - maybe the 4 remaining pages will be the results from the neck ligature, wrist ligature, Bloomies, & paintbrush handle.

3. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

Thank you for your comment. :) I revisited the Amazon page this evening to see if there were any previews of the book. I noted the pages of DNA reports are currently listed at 12. Must have been a typo.

4. Learnin

Learnin Member

Very interesting. I'm going to order a copy.

5. fr brown

fr brown Member

Who are the authors? What are their "disciplines"?

Why would they have access to new information?

6. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

Good questions. I haven’t seen that the bios of the Guild members have been described in detail. I’ll add though that I think the concealment of their identities may have been done for a reason. (It’s a little like the recent appearance of the Grand Juror on 20/20 who allowed us a glimpse of the GJ decision, yet needed to conceal his identity.) Since the R family have proven so litigious, it would be likely the authors wanted to skirt the risk of being sued by documenting facts that might enflame one or both of the remaining Rs. Now that I’ve confirmed some pretty positive comments on the book I’m going to snag a copy after the holidays when there will be more time to read.

7. fr brown

fr brown Member

I'm pretty sure the identity of the author (or authors) would be discoverable should anyone want to sue.

It's more likely that disclosure might depress sales.

8. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

I’ve just read some of the reviews of Listen Carefully. The insights and truthful reporting of the evidence seem to have gained positive footing with case followers – both on Amazon’s review page and in comments on WS.

Whoever the Detective’s Guild is, Listen Carefully is excellent and really well researched. Since finishing the book I also want to add that until I read the chapter on the DNA, I hadn’t fully grasped how much smoke and mirrors went into the DNA evidence promoted by the RST. Also, the autopsy chapter gives a detailed explanation of both medical terms and an analysis of the injuries. This hasn’t been covered anywhere else with as much depth.

One other item which made me smile as I reflected on KK’s insistence that the December phone records would have been a huge reveal. As I learned in reading the Epilogue of who was involved with the case, DeMuth’s family had some legal background in Boulder. When I looked up whether his father practiced in Boulder I discovered he was legal counsel to USWest phone company at that time. Not saying a disappearance of phone records happened, but there certainly were connections within connections in Boulder. As Cherokee has noted, 'corruption in this case has always run deep and wide.'

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice