Unhappy Peter Hofstrom Has Died

Alex Hunter's second in command at the time JBR was murdered has died. Some of you may remember his famous, "We can't ransom the body," remark. He was also the ADA that handed over police investigative reports and let them see other evidence such as the garrotte BEFORE the Ramseys would agree to be interviewed four months after JBR was murdered. He also had Patsy do a handwriting sample at his dining room table.

He also rubbed Fleet and Priscilla White the wrong way by lecturing them about his time spend at San Quintin as a guard.

Here is the link to his obituary.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tim...&pid=188023980

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Alex Hunter's second in command at the time JBR was murdered has died. Some of you may remember his famous, "We can't ransom the body," remark. He was also the ADA that handed over police investigative reports and let them see other evidence such as the garrotte BEFORE the Ramseys would agree to be interviewed four months after JBR was murdered. He also had Patsy do a handwriting sample at his dining room table.

He also rubbed Fleet and Priscilla White the wrong way by lecturing them about his time spend at San Quintin as a guard.

Here is the link to his obituary.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tim...&pid=188023980

Thanks Tez, appreciate the update!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

A number of persons affiliated with the case have passed away. I may have missed some in this list.

Dr. Francesco Beuf: May 13, 1933 – May 11, 2017
    Ollie Gray: Mar 30, 1936 – Apr 6, 2017
    Bill Wise: Nov 30, 1937 – Nov 29, 2016
    Rev. ‘Rol’ Holverstock: Sept. 12, 1942 – October 1, 2015
    Bruce Levin: July 20, 1952 - July 27, 2015
    Lou Smit: Apr 14, 1935 – Aug 11, 2010

Without calling out names, it may be noted that the list is a mixed bag of expertise. That said, it appears to me that among the legal professionals one of the most impressive was the attorney Bruce Levin. Levin’s skill is apparent in the year 2000 interviews.

From the Denver Post a tribute to Levin included a couple of memories regarding his stature within the legal profession. Robert Fuller, a former investigator for the Adams County Sheriff’s Office, recalled Levin’s closing argument in the prosecution of Daniel Melina (accused in the witness slaying of Paul Bueno) was so powerful it left Fuller in tears.

“Bruce was a man who always wanted to do the right thing, and the right thing was not always the easy thing. And it wasn’t always the thing that made people comfortable,” said Colorado Appeals Court Judge Steve Bernard, who worked with Levin in Adams County as a prosecutor. “Sometimes doing the right thing involved a level of personal sacrifice, but he always, always did the right thing.”
    My posts are my opinion, protected under the Freedom of Speech Amendment