Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fed. I remember that show, I can hear Candy's voice from memory, very distinct and feminine, crisp and to the point with a lilt to it.

If I can give up quilting or figure out how to read while I am intently stitching. I may have to find room in my life for a bit of reading, perhaps in the bathroom, er, help me Jesussss, give up my naps!!

Default VP

I personally see a pattern to JR research and why it would raise the thinking eyebrow on a difference here, between runaways and takeaways.

I will let JR answer for herself.

JR what day of the week did each on your list disappear, this would be a BIG bit of information in tying things up neat.

Default My apologies

FedoraX, thanks, I corrected the spelling on Laura's last name.

VP, The reason the numbering system was out of sequence is because mapquest actually showed #1 as Start and #8 as End. I have corrected the numbers to reflect this.

I will plot the ones on your list that make sense and see what the new map shows. However, it's clear that the girls located were runaways. Additionally, I would toss out the mother and her son as my presumption (and rememebr all of this was simply a presumption, which I clearly stated) would be that they are missing for a different reason.

IMHO, the list is not all inclusive (I had to add Rachel.) I was working with the best information I had at the time. Thank you for the update.

I will also correct the thread title to Runaway/Abduction. My point in doing this exercise is that it is unclear to me that these girls are all run aways. As I stated, it took several days to convince the local Sheriff that Rachel Cooke was not a runaway. If parents don't push the issue, IMHO, any girl over the age of 13 is classified as a runaway.

Default JR

My thinking is that the girls in your map pattern would not have been picked up by truckers, if they in fact are not runaways.
    Hence they would not have been on the trucker route highway 'looking' for transportation.

If they were spirited away by someone who somehow gained their confidence in some way, by either having seen them in places of business on a regular basis, and then something more familiar happened to take them away from a familiar area to look at something or whatever. If we all had all of the answers we would be in great demand.

VP do you have a perspective on how non runaways might be spirited away by a trucker?

Default Updated Map

I have reviewed the information VP provided and updated the grid map as well as the list. There were reasons for leaving some of these people off based on the logic I was following. I am now including the reasons in hopes that my logic makes more sense to others.

Start SARAH ELIZABETH KINSLOW
    TXCHR0105002
    -Endangered Runaway
    DOB:jun-14-1986 Race:White
    GREENVILLE , TX , USA .

1.) CRYSTAL RENE KENDALL
    -Endangered Runaway
    DOB:may-04-1985 Race:White
    SEALY , TX , USA

2.) BECKY SUE HARDIN
    TXCHR0204003
    -Endangered Runaway
    DOB:may-16-1986 Race:White
    ELMENDORF , TX , USA .

TREYCE JEAN HODGES
    -Endangered Runaway
    DOB:dec-18-1985 Race:White
    AMARILLO , TX , USA .

Eliminated 1) not in pattern and 2) mapquest only allows so many points of reference.

3.) MIRIAH GISELLE HOLBROOK
    -Endangered Runaway
    DOB:aug-03-1986 Race:White
    MINERAL WELLS , TX , USA .

ALEXIA KENISHA HARDAWAY
    Case Type :Endangered Runaway
    DOB :aug-04-1988 Age :13 years
    Height : 5' 4" - 163 cm
    Weight : 130 lbs - 59 kg
    Eyes :Brown Hair : Brown
    Circumstances : Alexia may still be in the local area or may have traveled to the San Antonio, Texas area. She has a brown birthmark on the left side of her neck and her nickname is Lex.
    Date Missing :jan-10-2002 (Thursday)
    City of Report :LONGVIEW
    State of Report :TX
    Country of Report :USA
    Case Number :933773

Eliminated 1) may still be in area and 2) black female would not fit the MO I am establishing.

4.) RACHEL LOUISE COOKE
    Case Number: M0201004
    NIC #: M522142512
    Case Type: Endangered
    Last Seen in: Georgetown (Williamson County)
    Last Seen on: 1/10/2002 (Thursday)
    Height: 5' 2"
    Weight: 110 lbs.
    Age Missing: 19
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Date of Birth: 5/10/1982
    Race: White
    Sex: Female
    Georgetown, TX, USA

LINDA MICHELLE REYES
    DOB :dec-11-1988 Age :13 years
    Height : 5' 3" - 160 cm
    Weight : 140 lbs - 64 kg
    Eyes :Brown Hair : Auburn
    Circumstances : Linda is believed to still be in the local area and may be with an adult male companion. She has curly hair and her nickname is Morenita.
    Date Missing :mar-02-2002 (Saturday)
    City of Report :HOUSTON
    Case Number :931264

Eliminated 1) may still be in area and 2) traveling with a companion.

OMEGA ANNISHA LAKESH MATTIX (Black female)
    DOB :nov-15-1985 Age :16 years
    Height : 5' 2" - 157 cm
    Weight : 128 lbs - 58 kg
    Eyes :Brown Hair : Black
    Circumstances : Omega may still be in the local area. She has a tattoo of the name "MeMe" on her
    lower back and her tongue is pierced. Omega's nicknames are MeMe, KeKe and Kesha.
    Date Missing :mar-04-2002 (Monday)
    City of Report :KATY
    Case Number :934198

Eliminated 1) may still be in area and 2) black female would not fit the MO I am establishing.

5.) HEATHER SUE KOERBER
    -Endangered Runaway
    DOB:may-23-1984 Race:White
    LEAGUE CITY , TX , USA .

6.) Laura Ayala
    Missing Since: March 10, 2002 (Sunday)
    Height: 4 ft.
    Weight: 90 lbs.
    Eye Color:
    Hair Color: medium length black straight hair with brown streaks or highlights.
    Seen on bus to Mexico?
    Race: Hispanic
    Complexion:Medium
    Birth Date: October 29, 1988
    Houston, TX, USA

FOSTER JUDE GILL
    TXCHR0203010
    -Endangered Runaway
    DOB:apr-11-1987 Race:White
    ARLINGTON , TX , USA .

Eliminated 1) Male.

JENNIFER AGUILAR
    DOB :jul-26-1986 Age :15 years
    Height : 5' 4" - 163 cm
    Weight : 150 lbs - 68 kg
    Eyes :Brown Hair : Brown
    Circumstances : Jennifer may be in the local area or may have traveled to the San Antonio, Texas area. She is believed to be traveling with a female companion in a green 1994 Ford Ranger pick up truck, Texas license plates 5VVV07. The vehicle has an extended cab. Jennifer has scars on her right leg and she may be in need of medical attention.
    Date Missing :mar-19-2002 (Tuesday)
    City of Report :KINGSVILLE
    Case Number :934534

Eliminated 1) may still be in area and 2) may be traveling with a companion.

7.) NICOLE RANEE GALLOWAY
    -Endangered Runaway( View Poster)
    DOB:apr-10-1986 Race:White
    BASTROP , TX , USA .

SARAH GRACE BROWN
    DOB :nov-22-1986 Age :15 years
    Height : 5' 1" - 155 cm
    Weight : 90 lbs - 41 kg
    Eyes :Hazel Hair : Blonde
    Circumstances : Sarah may be with a male companion. She may have traveled to the Amarillo, Texas area. She has a large mole in the middle of her back and may dye her hair another color.
    Date Missing :apr-05-2002 (Friday)
    City of Report :KATY
    Case Number :934294

Eliminated 1) May be traveling with a male companion.

8.) Name: Sandra Torres
    Case Number: R0204006
    NIC #: M972354599
    Case Type: Runaway
    Last Seen in: San Antonio (Bexar County)
    Last Seen on: 4/17/2002 (Wednesday)
    Height: 5' 0"
    Weight: 120 lbs.
    Age Missing: 12
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Brown
    Date of Birth: 6/19/1989
    State Missing From: Texas
    Country Missing From: USA
    Circumstances: Sandra has a scar on her right eye brow.

End MELISSA MARIE GUTIERREZ
    TXCHR0205007
    -Endangered Runaway
    DOB:aug-07-1986 Race:White
    PASADENA , TX , USA .

Name: Laura Rochelle Foster
    AKA: Laura Zimmerman, Laura Morris or Laura Anderson
    Case Number: M0205011
    NIC #: M682410253
    Case Type: Endangered
    Last Seen in: Alvarado (Johnson County)
    Last Seen on: 5/15/2002 (Wednesday)
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 102 lbs.
    Age Missing: 29
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Hair Color: Brown
    Date of Birth: 3/21/1973
    State Missing From: Texas
    Country Missing From: USA
    Circumstances: Laura and her son, MICHAEL JAMES COLE, were last seen on together. They
    should be traveling in a green, 1999 Dodge pickup truck with Texas tags 2SHL58.

Eliminated 1) traveling with her child.
    Last edited by JR; May 27, 2002, 2:44 pm at Mon May 27 14:44:39 UTC 2002.

Default VP

I will research these by actual missing flyer, which may include facts I didn't initially have.

My original theory did not have 7 abducted. The title of the thread was misleading. (I encourage you to read my original post again.) It is my honest opinion that not all of those classified as runaways necessarily are runaways just as Rachel Cooke was not a runaway but the Sheriff would have labled her as one.

Once again I have corrected the spelling on Laura's last name and have now corrected it in my original document so it should be fixed for good.

For the record, my theory is that not all runaways are runaways. By no means am I trying to insinuate that all classified as runaways are abductions. I am simply stating that IMHO, all should be treated as abductions until evidence point in the other direction. If they are not, too much time may pass and leads will be cold. When that happens, there is less chance of locating the onces who are abducted alive IMHO. Further, even as a runaway, these girls are likely to end up in serious trouble if picked up by the wrong person. To me it makes more sense to put all efforts into finding them immediately rather than waiting and assuming they will come home on their own.

VP, NO I do not post with any other names. I have four daughters living and happy in Colorado and a happy daughter living in Boston, all a mere phone call away. Three sons all living and accounted for. Plus a disabled husband in a wheel chair that I care for. He just had his 83rd birthday. Those are my facts.

Of course JR and VP you both are more acquainted with Texas geography and details for the missing girls.

However, I have known sales reps to stay in hotels and have samples in a van or car, and sales reps who visit convenience stores. I say move forward JR, I like your thinking.

Default VP

I hadn't realized watchin/beeper's daughter was missing. How sad.

This is a great and productive thread. My hunch is that Laura Ayala wasn't the girl on the bus. That child seemed to go willingly, and was spotted too soon after Laura's disappearance. To think it was she would indicate that she was a willing runaway in the company of an older couple, and I haven't seen evidence that supports that.

I was at a meeting of forensics experts who discussed tactics in missing child crimes. One scientist had been asked to determine the age of a skull. He guessed it was a female about 19. Then nothing happened with the case. He was haunted by the very grisly facts of how she was found and worked with the FBI and profilers to try to get an ID. Turned out she was only 15. He had made an honest mistake in assessing her as older, but that she was thought to be of age made law enforcement view her as a runaway, rather than an abduction. His lecture was an important reminder to the experts about how age determination can affect LE reaction.

Default Other ways to pattern

I am looking at other ways to pattern these girls (i.e. tattoos and/or piercings) but I don't know a lot about the tattoo business. Does anyone know if Tattoo artists tend to migrate or travel around? Also, do they do these awful tongue (and other body parts) piercings as well?

Default A tattoo parlor

...can lose its license if the artist works on minors without parental permission. But a kid who wants a tattoo or piercing can do it on her/his own. One of the Oregon girls had a belly piercing and she was only 12 or 13. As endemic as these markings are these days I'm not sure what they prove other than how out of it we are, lol.

VP, you're right about Laura Ayala's initials, and who knows? If she was making "please help me" motions to the ticket agent and was ignored, the seller might not admit it now. But I'm inclined to think it was a stranger abduction off the street. Didn't they find one of her shoes outside the store?

One of my pet peeves is the horrid treatment of minority victims, in crime matters or other areas. One only has to look at the botch in the Rilya Wilson case to know the lesser value minority kids have to authorities, and it's wrong! And Precious Doe, and Girl X, and on and on. These are huge cases and largely ignored by the media, except for local press. Don't get me started on the Juarez girls... Molly Ivins had a great column on that the other day, comparing it to our Taliban.

Post Your assumptions

I see many holes in the arguments being presented here. First of all, over half of the Texas population lives in the "Golden Triangle" between San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston. It is only natural that the majority of abductions would occur in this area.

Also, as far as discrimination, you need to read

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Da...ren020506.html

They point out that the national media is very location oriented. East and west coast missing person cases get more attention becuase the news centers are located there.. Age also makes a big difference. A 17 yo gets more attention than a 19 yo. A 12 yo or younger gets even more attention. They also talk about how the family presents themself. Race, of course, does make a difference.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children refused to put my daughter's flyer on their site because she is over 17 but I see at least two people listed 21 years of age. There are many biases in every part of the missing persons cases.

The biggest one you already identified. Law enforcement automatically tags anyone over 12 as a runaway even if they don't have a history of it.