NY Post suit and Burke

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Thor, May 28, 2002.

1. Thor

Thor Active Member

According to Candy, there has been yet another extension asked for by the DA's office on the records on Burke. Why? Is there shredding going on like Enron? What is the problem here?

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hi Thor--I've been incredibly busy for three months--can you explain the details of this? Are you talking about the libel suit against that newspaper? If so, are you saying that the Post wants the DA's records on Burke or does Woody want them?

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

BobC

This is the lawsuit where the Rams are suing the NY Post involving Burke's involvement in the murder. I think it relates to one of the tabs, NY Post is involved as like a parent company maybe? Anyhow, the post is trying to defend the tab and is requesting the DA's records on Burke. Apparently the judge has ordered them to be released (not to Woody) and the DA has asked for a second extension to release the records. Candy posted this original extension request about a month ago at WS & CS. Can't find a link for the news story right off hand.

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Thanks Thor! Candy has great sources. I hope the post makes a fool of that creep Driftwood.

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thor,

Thanks for the update. Maybe Alex took all the paperwork to the ranch with him when he retired.

We had a case here in PA.--murder of a teacher. Two guys convicted, another teacher and the principal, Jay Smith. State Chief Investigator retires, moving to FL. Calls in a junk dealer to clean out his attic. The dealer, now in possession of cop's junk, goes through it and FINDS CRUCIAL EVIDENCE -- boxes of it, never admitted at trial. Jay Smith appeals and gets out of jail free.

Just saying--who know what these cops and DA's carry off with them when they leave office.

6. Mels

Mels Member

Excellent point, Lurker.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice