Back to John Ramsey breaking the window

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Elle, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Recently my mind returned to John Ramsey breaking the window in the Summer of 1996, due to him having left his keys inside the house. Surely there was an easier window for him to break, for a quick entry(?). First he had to lift up the heavy grate, slither into the window well and then break the window. Not really much room for allowing this action "breaking the window." Was he ever questioned as to what object he used to break the window?

Looking at the blueprint plans of Redd Herring's

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/6502/primer2/primer10_blue.html

you can see the basement window with the grate. Take a look at the three windows directly above it, which according to this plan, is the breakfast room. Now why couldn't John Ramsey have broken one of these windows for easier access? I know if it was me breaking into my own house, I would choose the easiest window to break. My husband would have done the same. John Ramsey is classified as an intelligent man. I do not believe his story of the window being broken during the Summer. LHP never noticed it broken.

What do you think folks, do you believe he lifted this heavy grate and with little room to spare, broke the window? Did he just smash it with his hand? Once he had lifted the heavy grate up, did he look around for a heavy stone to smash the window with and throw this into the window well? Then slide down into it; then slither into the basement, which was an awkward entrance.

Wouldn't it have been much easier for him to have broken the Breakfast room window with a brick, reach in and open the window, with easier access to the Breakfast Room floor? Take a look for yourselves.

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

Good points, Elle. I happen to think Lizard is a lying sack and he never had to break any window to gain access to the house. This was all done after the murder (staging). Of that, I have no doubt.

3. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

burglar alarm?

Perhaps the basement window wasn't wired for alarm since it did have a grate and the windows above it were wired and would cause alot of noise and havoc if broken. Just a thought.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Alarm was never on

Texan,

With an alarm system, every single window is usually wired. The Ramseys never had their alarm switched on. I personally feel, like Thor, John Ramsey never broke that window until the 26 December. It was part of his staging scene.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Elle

Actually, it depends on your alarm system and personal choice if windows are all wired. At $65.00 per window some chose not to alarm the windows if they have a motion sensor/s.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Doesn't make much sense

JR

It doesn't make much sense to me when people are paying a large sum of money for an alarm system, to leave some of the windows undone, but I guess all systems are different. I may be going by what we almost had done and that was a full alarm system when our house was going to be empty for a long spell. Why half and half when it comes to full protection?

By a motion sensor, do you mean those tiny cameras? What good are those if the burglar is all covered up in black and wearing a ski mask?

7. Elle

Elle Member

You're right THor!

You're so right Thor! It was all for staging!

On page 20 of DOI ..on the morning of the murder, with Linda Arndt and all the others hanging around the house, JR suddenly remembers a day back in the summer when he left his keys inside and was locked out of the house.

Here are his own words in DOI.

To get in, I broke one of the panes in a basement window; then I reached in and released the latch, so I could climb inside. I think about the basement now. I jump up and hurry down there.

Note how he doesn't mention anything about how he broke the window, or anything about lifting the heavy grate, or what he used to break the window. Nothing! Just that he broke a basement window.

How many people here step outside their homes and take their keys with them? We usually just unlatch the lock so we can walk right back in from the garden. Does anyone here reach for their keys when they're going into their garden? I would take my keys if I'm walking down to the river, but just to step into the garden, or on the driveway- no!

Another thing, many people I know with garage doors that are automatic, leave their doors up when they're working in their garden. No need for keys when you have an inside door to the house, and the Ramsyes had one.

8. AK

AK Member

Great questions

Wish we knew the answers.

If I were thinking of breaking into that house on Christmas day or evening when I heard nothing inside and there didn't seem to be any motion, I would lob a rock through that glass door and wait for the alarm. If one didn't go off, that would be my entry point. The last place I would choose would be the basement. After all the work to lift the grate and get into it, how would I know it wouldn't be a sealed room?

And even if I did make it into the house via the basement window, that doesn't ensure that the rest of the place isn't equipped with motion detectors. a pit bull or a quiet house dweller with an Uzi.

Almost anything is better than JR's answer.

9. imon128

imon128 Banned

WHOA!!!!

In John Ramsey's deposition with Darnay Hoffman, John Ramsey said he MIGHT have broken the window previously....come on, now. Which is it, John...did you break the window previously or did you not? Can't have it both ways, old boy.

10. Nickii

Nickii Member

It would be interesting if the police tested if the window was broken from inside the house or from outside the house. This can be easily tested. (Normally)

According to what Elle said I also have to say that it is not logical that JR used THIS window to enter his house! I would go the easiest way. Either I would ask one of the neighbours to give me the key (I think it is prooved that they gave some keys to several neighbours) or I would use an easier window.

I cannot imagine JR in his business-clothes carrying that heavy grate away and slip through all the dirt! After that he had to go through the house back into the garden to put the grate back to the place where it belongs! It seems very unbelievable to me!

11. Kelly

Kelly Member

window

Since I can't write "bullchit" in the subject line, I just wrote window.

When I was at that house in July of 1997, my brother and I thoroughly studied that grate and window. I'm 5'6 and weigh about 145, my brother is bigger. There is no way either of us could of slithered through the grate and passage to get to the window. Likewise, there is no way JR could of gotten his big a** through there either. Believe me, if he were really locked out of his house, he would of broken another window. There are many small panes he could of broken to reach in and unlock a door or window.

It has angered me everytime I've seen a picture of someone at the swamp, or some super skinny worm like Michael Bynum posed in that window from inside the basement room with the camera angled to make it look like fitting up through it would be no problem. They can sit in that window if they are in the basement as long as they want, but that's as far as they're going. If they can't get out that way, they sure as heck can't get in that way.

Talk about Ramsey spin. This window as a possible entry point is nothing but spin!

Lou Smit also posed in that damn window while he was in the basement room. What a place to have your picture made! How stupid he looked! He knows nobody came in or went out of the grate they would of had to pass through to get in or out of the house.

Sorry to make this correlation here, but it makes me think of something I see frequently at work. During birth, a baby can make it down into the pelvis and sit there, but that doesn't mean the pelvic outlet it has to pass through next is big enough for the baby to come out that way. The Ramseys can take anybody they want and perch them in that window in the basement room, but I KNOW that is as far as they are going to make it. No way are they going to go up that space then out that grate!

I am so sick of their lies! If they were innocent there would be no reason for so many lies.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Barnhills had a key

Nicky,

You were right about the neighbours having a key. The Barnhills right across the street had a key. They looked after JonBenét's litte dog Jacques.

Can't say I've ever read anything about tests being done on this window to prove if it was broken on the outside, but If the window swung open into the house, there was nothing to stop him from breaking it on the side that faces the garden; therefore
    giving the impression it was broken from the outside.

Kelly, Lou Smit actually slithered right through that window on the Katie Couric show, but there's no way I believe John Ramsey broke this window during the summer. This was all part of his staging of the intruder.

So ...you've seen the Ramsey house, Kelly. I would like to have seen it myself. I'm sure there were several other windows Ramsey could have broken into. Police warnings were given out to Boulder residents to be careful with their doors and windows because of all the break ins recently. Who would leave a broken window unrepaired during the winter?

So many of you have made good points here. Can't get over
    Ramsey saying he "MIGHT" have broken the window Imon. Unbelievable!

One other thing still puzzles me. Why did he tell Fleet White he had found this window open when he was down there earlier at 10:00 am, and he closed it ...went back upstairs and never mentioned a word to Linda Arndt? A bit odd!

13. Kelly

Kelly Member

Elle

When I saw the Lou Smit/ Katie Couric spin moment, I only saw Lou in the window and reaching his arm up like it would be no problem to get out. He sort of mimicked Vanna White when she strikes a pose and motions to a letter or a new car!

I was there before Lou Smit was doing his window treatment photo op. If indeed he or any other snake has slithered through there, then there has been some remodeling done on that space. I'd bet my life on it because I know exactly how much room there was in July of 1997

14. Elle

Elle Member

Lou went right through it, Kelly.

Lou actually lifted the grate and slithered through the window, Kelly. Don't know how you missed this. He certainly didn't make an attempt to stand on the suitcase and go back out. This was a ridiculous suggestion on his part, that this may have been the intruder's intention.

15. Nickii

Nickii Member

16. Kelly

Kelly Member

Well,

I have finally figured out who killed JonBenet.

When I was in Boulder, there was a man who "entertained" people on Pearl Street Mall with a plexiglass box. He literally was able to fold himself up enough to get into the box and close the lid. It was freaky and unbelievable!

I guess I'm just not as adventurous as some. I still want to see a picture of someone passing through the grate or in the well. Not only is it small, but my legs wouldn't bend adequately to get me through the window from the well.

Lou must have looked like a squashed up Garfield window cat if he was in that well. He looks ridiculous in that photo. He also looks like he is in pain.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Lou Smit

Thank you Nicki for posting the transcript and photo of Lou sliding in through the window. The whole scene was on the Katey Couric show from Lou lifting the grate and him sliding right through it, Kelly. You must have turned your head and missed this. Are you sure you saw the same Today video?

Sounds like this Boulder entertainer was a Contortionist ...someone who can fold himself up into a small box. Gives me the creeps! Jameson apparently has been through this window too.

Lou certainly wasn't a young enough man to be demonstrating this caper.

18. Kelly

Kelly Member

Elle

Yes, I think we're talking about the same one. I don't know of another show he did it on. I must have seen the ending when he was already in the window. I've missed alot since the children came along.

I'm glad Nicki posted the link to the transcript. I've saved it!

Don't know about Jameson going through the window. I've read it rumored from hir, hirself though. I think it's odd that as much as she claims to have done in that house, I haven't seen a photo of hir inside of it. Maybe hir had oiled hirself up to get through the window just prior to hir tv debut.

19. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Blue's Clues

The basement "clues" were, no doubt, staged. In the hectic aftermath of JB's murder, the guilty parties were running around, hastily attempting to setup some sort of cover-up. Inasmuch as there wasn't time to sit down and calmly reason out a coherent story (as to their "innocence") they haphazardly plowed through the basement, knocking out a window here, placing a suitcase there, while hiding the body; after, of course, bathing and redressing it.

If a writer had submitted this scenario to an Editor, he would have been laughed out of town. There are plots within plots, lies within lies and motives that don't make sense. There are oddball characters hiding under every boulder, and D.A.'s with large hip pockets.

The "mystery" in the basement is no mystery at all. The mess found there is the result of convoluted thinking by guilty minds. Ditto for the "ransom note."

All this in the shadows of eight purple Christmas trees inside and pink swan statuary outside. Oh, and let's not forget the tree house with the "sex perverts," with nasty gloves, lurking about.

Let Louie slitter his skinny self down that small basement window 'til the cows come home, he can't explain away those pesky old spider webs.

This is a great thread.

Greenleaf

20. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

the suitcase

Didn't FW say he had moved the suitcase? I can't seem to remember if he did or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice