Rachel Cooke - The Search for Rachel Phase V

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by JR, Jun 17, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

People Against Violent Crimes Executive Advisor Verna Lee Carr and Lori Bible have now joined the search efforts for Rachel.

These folks have moved very quickly. Just a couple of the things that they accomplished in the first 24 hours:

Austin American-Statesman has agreed to run an updated article on Rachel.

Lori contacted some friends who work with AMERICAS
    MOST WANTED and they agreed to help.

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Today is Father's Day

RC spent the day working on the search for his daughter Rachel. Two local news stations came by and did quick interviews on how RC's Father's Day was going. In between interviews, RC put togeather a binder for the new team members and worked on maps. It was a rough day for RC. He gave one of the news teams the last picture that was taken of Rachel. The picture was taken at RC's birthday party just 5 days before Rachel was abducted.

Please God, let us bring Rachel home soon.

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!

That is good news JR...and exactly what was needed for Rachel...great job to whoever was able to get this accomplished...now maybe we can get the momentum going in a positive direction.

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Moab

My understanding is Lori Bible is responsible. She actually showed up at the serach center in the initial weeks but was afraid she would be intruding much as RC doesn't want to intrude on the Smart family but would like to offer his assistance if they want it.

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Understood...All of the information has been handed to the family personally by me...so I know it is there...I just think they are not ready yet, hopefully they will be, I think RC would be a positive influence.

6. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Moab

RC understands that. He said he wouldn't have been ready this soon either. He recognizes the time they may chose to contact him is at the point the support system they have in place now is gone. That was when he felt the need to talk to other parents himself.

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Search Announcement for Saturday, June 22, 2002

There will be another search for Rachel this Saturday June 22. Please no one under age 15 due to rattlesnakes and other factors.

Meet: Faith Lutheran Church on Williams Drive (2.4 miles west of I-35, exit 261A in Georgetown)

Time: 8:00 am (we will brief the teams and leave for the search site at 8:30 AM

We should be finished by 1:00 pm. Wear good shoes and clothes. Water will be supplied. No horses are needed this week.

8. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Father's Day news coverage

The news coverage on Father's Day actually developed from my journal entry I wrote about Moab giving the Smarts our phone number. I didn't want to capitalize on that but they called me and I let them do the interview.

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

The intent was a sincere offer to a family in need from people who know how devastating it is to have a child abducted, and be willing to pour salt on their own wounds for the greater good of offering solace to others in need.

The frosting was Rachel's name got out there one more time.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Kvue

Moab wrote that the frosting was Rachel's name got out there one more time. That's very true but so did Elizabeth's and what is important is getting these names and pictures for more eyes to see.

RC, IMHO, the video was very well done and focused on both girls fairly equally.

11. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

June 22 Search

The search for Rachel continued today as we finished up the property we started with K9's Echo and Austin.

Copyright ©2002 Jacqueline L. Riggs

12. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Grandpa at the Tank

13. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC and Janet

14. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

There is a lot of land to cover here

15. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Open Clearings

At open clearings the searchers stop and realign themselves with each other.

16. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Janet

Rachel's mom searches for even the smallest clue that might lead to her daughter.

17. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Checking a brush pile

Every pile of brush is carefully checked.

18. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

RC lets nothing hinder his search for his daughter.

19. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Heading In

The team is heading back to the cars to move on to the next search area.

20. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Rachel Bumper Stickers

RC has ordered bumper stickers or "moving flyers" in his continued search for Rachel. Behind RC is part of the second search site and a look down one of the roads Rachel ran on. (RC sorry for the bad shot - the photographer was focusing on the bumper stickers.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice