The Rachel Abduction Central Alert

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Jul 24, 2002.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

A new missing person alert was activated in Williamson County yesterday. It uses software developed by the Child Alert Foundation. http://www.childalert.org/aboutaca.htm

The software will FAX, send messages to pagers, send e-mail and even create missing person web pages. It does this all in less than a minute after the information is submitted. The default radius that the information is sent is 100 miles, but that area can be increased at the click of a button. The information is set up to be sent to law enforcement, fire department, media, and anywhere else that is necessary.

Williamson County received permission to name it the Rachel Alert System in Central Texas.

There are no restrictions on age, race, family income, or location of the missing person like some of the other systems have. The local law enforcement agency decides when to use the system.
    The software can compliment the Amber Alert System or be used by stand alone.

My wife an I are so impressed with the software that we have offered to donate a license to both the Austin Police Department and the Travis County Sheriff's Office.

I video clip of the software can be found at:
    http://www.kvue.com/news/local/0723kvueRachel-eh.1c772fa8.html

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

RC...this is sooooooooo wonderful and such awesome news for the cause of missing children and missing adults everywhere.

The key here is NO DISCRIMINATION anywhere...just get the information out and get the missing person home.

You and Janet are very gracious to donate these licenses to a cause so near and dear to your hearts.

Congratulations on your accomplishments and it is fitting the program should be named after your Rachel who is near and dear to so many of us now!

3. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The first Rachel Alert

The first Rachel alert just went out on a missing 17-year-old girl. I can't tell you any details yet, but I will when it's cleared by the SO.

4. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice