Prized Possession: Who Killed JonBenét Ramsey?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JR, Jul 30, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

2. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Very interesting tease

Although the bulk of the "first four chapters" (18 pages total and half pages at that) seem to be the foreword. Her writing style is certainly compelling and entertaining, and I think an entire book would be a good read. At $14.95 however I sure can't afford it -- if I ordered it I would definitely want to know how many pages there were in total.

I'm really intrigued with what she feels "SBTC" means, which makes this a success as a teaser. ;)

Did anyone else read it?

Ayeka

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Isn't this person a poster at WS...and hasn't she explained most of it over there?

I could be wrong...a rumor I heard no doubt...

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Actually

The writer has joined the forum so maybe you will get your questions answered first hand.

5. TrueCrime

TrueCrime Member

Prized Possession

Hi everyone.

Prized Possession is my work. The book is an expression of my opinions, meshed with certain revelations in my own life and inside the case research. I'm not a criminologist. I am a technical writer and a knowledge management professional with an interest in true crime, forensics, and unsolved cases. When one applies Knowledge Management principals to Internet research, you'd be amazed at some of the kernals that make themselves known! ;-)

I have not advertised too much on the Internet because there are a lot of hate mongers out there who would rather fight than see the case solved. I will listen to anyone's opinion, and hell my opinion MAY even be wrong. I am not here to shove my opinions down people's throats, and I'll listen to anyone with an open mind. If someone was right so far, the case would be closed, wouldn't it?

My book is an offering of my words and research, into the arena of the JonBenet case. After my experience in another forum, I am almost afraid to join any more Internet groups! LOL, but this one seems pretty diverse and respectable.

Peace to all.

6. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Welcome TrueCrime!

Looking forward to your participation. :)

Ayeka

7. Kelly

Kelly Member

welcome True Crime

It's always great to have someone with new input into this most confusing of crimes. I'll look forward to reading your book and your posts of course.

8. TrueCrime

TrueCrime Member

nice people here

Where have ya'll been on my life?

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'd love to hear any and all theories on the case.

This is a little off topic, but another crime I study is the Darlie Routier case. If anyone is interested in this crime, the web site is located here: http://www.fordarlieroutier.org

As for the JonBenet case, it's been eating at me since 1996; I had to write a book to get it out of my system!!

Thanks again!

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Welcome TrueCrime...

So help me here, k? Were you posting at WS...help me dispell my rumor...LOL

Looking forward to yur insight!

10. TrueCrime

TrueCrime Member

WS

Yes I posted at WS several months back, but found that people were ready to slay me because I wrote a book on the case. So, I exited that place.

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

YOu are safe here TrueCrime!

12. Aurora

Aurora Member

True Crime

Welcome to the forum. I read your book excert and enjoyed it. You have your heart and soul in your writing as did Steve Thomas. Careful....ole Lin Wood may toss a lawsuit at you...if you happen to mention who you think actually killed JB.

BTW...I check out the website you posted for Darlie Routier and I believe she is guilty as hell. I saw a forensic show on that once and the blood spatters...from the knife were on HER back. From that point on....I felt she did it. I have also read the trial transcripts.

I saw the Rams while in Charlevoix last year. They did not impress me at all. In the court of public opinion....most people think they are guilty....or at least guilty of a coverup and have knowledge of the crime.

There are alot of people out here that still hope that one day....justice will be served ...in this case. I am merely ....one of them.

13. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

Welcome, TrueCrime...

...I'm looking forward to the publication date of "Prized Possession."

You have an elegant and eloquent writing style...and you've offered us all a most compelling first four chapters.

I'm certain we'll have lively discussion on your new theory and your new e-book.

14. TrueCrime

TrueCrime Member

Pointing a finger

Thanks for the tips, Aurora and Moab....

My book points a finger at who wrote the Ransom note, but not at a killer. After all, if we know who wrote the note and are able to confirm it, that's a giant leap, right? What comes next naturally is who killed JonBenet. As the reader, I've left that conclusion to you!

Lin Wood? Jeez, I hate lawyers, especially the ones who have gotten rich off this case. If you are reading this Lin Wood, I am broke. I wait tables for a living. My riches lie in my writing. And you can't take that away, bud!

Thanks so much for the welcome!

15. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

Ruminations on S.B.T.C.

From <b><a href="http://www.christianity.co.nz/religon7.htm">a page titled "Exploring Christianity: A victory over evil & death which has already been won"</a></b>:<ol>The resurrection of Christ from the dead is at the heart of Christianity and is referred to repeatedly in the New Testament.

Paul declares, "If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins" (1 Corinthians 15:17). Both the death and the resurrection of Christ are presented as a complete victory over evil. His sufferings on our behalf make our escape from the condemnation of sin possible.

"If you <b>b</b>elong <b>t</b>o <b>C</b>hrist Jesus, you won't be punished" because God "set you free when he sent his own Son to be like us sinners and to be a sacrifice for our sin" (Romans 8:1,3). His resurrection is proof of his claims to be the divine Son of God. It is also proof of his victory over the powers of evil, which are the cause of death. He is "declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead" (Romans 1:4).

It is also the guarantee of his final victory when he will return to judge the world. God "has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead" (Acts 17:31).

<i>Emphasis mine.</i></ol>...or this from a site that publishes generic funeral homilies: <b><a href="http://www.priestsforlife.org/preaching/funeralgen.html">You Do Not Belong to Death!</a></b>...<ol>Therefore, a Christian does not merely die. A Christian dies <i>in Christ</i>. Those two words, "in Christ," make all the difference in the world! We belong to Him by baptism, and we live in Him by a life of prayer, obedience to His teachings, and faithfulness to the sacraments of the Church. If we live in Christ and die in Christ, we will rise in Christ!

In the midst of all this, should we grieve? Yes, brothers and sisters, it is OK to grieve; it is natural, because we love [subject's name]. Even Christ wept when His friend Lazarus died... and He wept even though He was about to bring Him back to life! Yes, we as Christians grieve. But we grieve with hope. It is OK to be sad today that we do not see [subject's name] anymore, but it would be wrong to think we will never see him/her again. It is OK to grieve, but it is wrong to despair. Christ is alive! We pray today for [subject's name] that he/she may complete the journey to heaven. Pray for him/her every day, and for yourselves. Look at him/her today and say with faith, "[subject's name], you do not belong to death. You <b>b</b>elong <b>t</b>o <b>C</b>hrist, and so do we!" Amen.</ol>

<i>Emphasis mine.</i></ol>

16. TrueCrime

TrueCrime Member

Right On

Absolutely - Victory in the ransom note (IMO) has everything to do with winning over sin. SBTC is a deal with God.

Your post is really most interesting...and is right on with the theory in my book. ;-)

17. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

Saved by the Cross...redux...

There is a <b><a href="http://www.eomtc.com/aibi/cross_1.htm">web page that discusses "The Cross in Colossians"</a></b> and it also speaks about the role of Jesus Christ in a Christian's life...that He has already paid the penalty for any possible sin:<ol><b>6.The cross ends the power of rules and regulations over the life of the believer.</b><font color="firebrick">{14} erasing the record that stood against us with its legal demands. He set this aside, nailing it to the cross. {15} He disarmed the rulers and authorities and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in it. {16} Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or Sabbaths. {17} These are only a shadow of what is to come, but the <b><i>substance belongs to Christ.</i></b></font color>

The total forgiveness of us purchased on the cross ends the power of rules over the life of the believer. Lets look at it this way. Rules in the spiritual realm are either from God or the Devil. The cross has defeated the Devil and so his rules have no power. The cross has also purchased forgiveness for breaking God's rules. The cross has freed us from them into a lifestyle where we are led by the Spirit and not under a law code for approval from God. The cross has thus abolished the rules about food, drink, and festivals that are from God and destroyed the rules about food, drink and festivals that the Devil tried to impose. Thus there are no laws of this nature that the believer has to obey. They were once useful as "tutors to lead us to Christ" but they are the ‘shadow' not the ‘substance'. Christ is the "real thing" and rules are now a thing of the past.

<b>7. The cross is a final and permanent end to Satan's ability to accuse us erasing the record that stood against us with its legal demands. </b><font color="firebrick">He set this aside, nailing it to the cross. {15} He disarmed the rulers and authorities...</font color>

When Satan wants to dig up our sins and fling them at us we can say to him. "I'm afraid you will have to go the cross and find them - they have been nailed there by God" . Crucified criminals had their crimes nailed above the cross so people could know why they died. On Christ's cross is a board with all the sins you and I have ever done nailed to it. They were nailed to Christ's cross and he took the punishment for them. He bore all the charges in one massive hit - and rose from the dead. It was as if Jesus stood in court with literally millions of charges against His name and pleaded guilty to all the sins you and I had committed (out of love for us so that we could go free). Then the Judge (God) said "You will serve all these death sentences concurrently - on the cross". (They had to be served concurrently - you cannot keep executing someone). Since the penalty for the crimes had been paid Satan had no further basis for accusing believers before God. . Their charge sheets were all nailed to the cross! With "penalty paid in full" written on them! Satan was out of ammunition! Paul describes this as "disarming the principalities and powers.." and "triumphing over them". It was a victory indeed!

<b>8. The cross gives Christians the confidence they need to break with the domination of their lives by spiritual powers, taboos and superstitions.</b> <font color="firebrick">He disarmed the rulers and authorities and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in it.</font color>

The Colossians like many Christians now came from a culture which had strict taboos related to spirit-worship and other customs. This part of the gospel message was and is very freeing to them as they no longer have to abide by the countless fear-filled rules of their culture.

<b>{snip}

Conclusion</b>

The cross of Jesus Christ gives us the confidence and assurance we need to progress in God. We know that we are part of a work of God on a cosmic scale where the perfect Lamb of God was sacrificed to reconcile everything on heaven and on earth to God and bring us peace and forgiveness of sin. The cross enables spiritually dead people to be made alive in Christ and empowers those with new life to become holy and blameless and without accusation. The cross is also our protection against all the attacks of the demonic world. It has disarmed Satan and removed his ability to accuse us and means we no longer have to live in fear of breaking taboos or incurring curses and spells. As a result we need no longer be bound by obscure rituals, pointless obligations, religious dietary requirements and festivals designed to appease the spirit world. The cross is our defence and our refuge and gives us the ability to triumph over all spiritual powers. Thus we are freed from human observances into the liberty of the Spirit through the cross of Jesus Christ. Praise be to God!</ol>And from <b><a href="http://sundoulos.com/biblical.aspx?in=3">the Sundoulos site</a></b>:<ol>About James 2 and Romans 13 particularly, let me point out that in neither case do Paul or James say that we should obey the Mosaic law. They do not say that anyone should keep the ten commandments. What they both say (in amazing agreement) is that the entire law is fulfilled by the principle of love, and they cite some of the commandments in connection with this:

If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law, according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well. (James 2:8)

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law. (Rom 13:8-10; NASB)</ol>In other words, according to the above interpretation, after Christ died on the cross and was resurrected, Christians no longer needed to heed Mosaic law (the law of Moses)...including the ten commandments...of which, number five is: Thou Shall Not Kill.

<b><a href="http://www.cbn.com/ScottRoss/interviews/The_JonBenet_Ramsey_Case_Part2.asp">Part two of Scott Ross' Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) interview of the Ramseys</a></b> is quite telling regarding both John and Patsy's spiritual beliefs. I'm certain that the Ramseys thought the CBN interview would be a "walk-over", however Mr. Ross may have felt as if he and CBN were being used...if you follow the link above to the second part of the interview, you may notice how cynical Ross' questions are, and how he holds the Ramseys' feet to the hellfire (so-to-speak.)

The first part of Ross' CBN interview can be found <b><a href="http://www.cbn.com/ScottRoss/interviews/The_JonBenet_Ramsey_Case_Part1.asp">HERE</a></b>.

18. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Very Good TrueCrime, but ...

Like everyone else here, I really enjoyed your teaser chapters and your writing style is very compelling.

About Darlie Routier though, I'm with Aurora, I feel she's as guilty as hell and as true a psychopath as you'll ever read about.

The fact that you directed us to primarily a "Free Darlie" website though startles me a little. Are you saying that you think she's innocent???? Or are you insinuating that perhaps her husband Darin was in on it?

Here's something weird I thought about Darlie ... why did every name in her life, i.e. mother, sisters, husband, children ... even her dog have to start with the letter D? You know, Damon, Devon, Darin, Darlie Kee, Dana, Danelle, Damoan (the dog), her brother-in-law Deon??? Seee what I mean, kinda like Nedra Paugh who had to name all her daughters with a P (Polly, Pam and Patsy) and then of course dear old Pats who simply had to make up a name for her daughter because she liked things foreign and french.

This had nothing to do with anything I realize but is it just a coinkydink that everything in Darlie's life had to start with a D? BTW, her current residence starts with a D, as in "Death Row".

Anyhow, your book sounds tempting and the SBTC - I wonder if it has anything to do with Bethesda Treatment Center?

Regards,
    Mandarin

19. TrueCrime

TrueCrime Member

Bethesda Treatment Center

I very much enjoyed your post, and that particular guess I'd never seen before.

However, I think you'll be clear on what SBTC means once my book is out there!

As for Darlie, yes she could very well be guilty but it's the doubt that intrigues me. Mothers who kill their children statistically do not use knives.

;-)

20. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

HI True Crime. I haven't read the first chapter yet but after this post it will be the first thing I do.

I want to comment on the Routier. I saw something on Court TV I believe.

Did you know her husband admitted to trying to hire someone to burglarize their home shortly before the boys were killed? He admitted this. He wanted the insurance money.

Also the program said that Routier's husband had hired a team of private investigators to look into the case after she was sentenced to death. The investigators were starting to come around to the possibility that HE was the killer. He fired them soon after.

They are a weird couple. She had double D implants. He kept wanting her to be thinner. Some reports say she didn't pay enough attention to the boys. I read all of the above in various books on the case.

The big "smoking gun" if you will is the injury to her neck. Some doctors say it was very close to being fatal. Could be. However if you are in a state of panic and frenzy AND are trying to injure yourself (to throw the police off) you could very easily accidentally cut yourself without realizing how close you came to killing yourself.

They keep referring to a bloody finger print that does not belong to anyone in the family. From what I understand it just can't be identified. Smeared so badly. Correct me if I am wrong.

This has all the same ear markings of the Ramsey case. Everything the Routier's come up with the explain how it couldn't be Darlie is too easily explained away. There is no evidence of an intruder.

With one exception. The sock with the spot of blood on it found in the ally. That is weird. However can it be dated? I can't remember if they were able to tell if the spot of blood on the sock was fresh from that night or perhaps earlier in the day..

Believe me I would love to be wrong about this. It's much easier to think of an intruder than a mother doing this evil deed.

Welcome again True Crime. Looking forward to your book

Tricia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice