Barbara Eden on LKL

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by imon128, Jul 30, 2002.

1. imon128

imon128 Banned

Barbara Eden's on LKL and she's talking about losing her son to drugs. She keeps making the point that she feels it's necessary to go out and do something against drugs...that is the thing that took her son's life.
    Samantha's mom also said (on LKL) that she would champion a cause to help make sure other little kids didn't meet with the same fate.

Why haven't John and Patsy Ramsey gone out and raised heck about what they feel killed their daughter, JonBenet? I think it's because they're afraid they'll slip up and/or they can't take questions. They just want to get on with THEIR lives. Pshaw.

"If you treat everybody like they're hurting, you'll probably be treating the vast majority of them in the proper way." The above post was just my opinion--free and unsolicited.

2. Vic

Vic Active Member

I think

They are just "too busy" with their own selves to help any one else. There have been many occasions when just the compassion offered to others who have lost their children would have been a "Christian" gesture, if nothing else.

But you are right, they cannot take the hard questions. It would cause a slipup for sure, that is why their appearances are always scripted and directed by them. Can you say "subtract?"

PS -I always enjoy reading your thoughts.

3. AK

AK Member

Gimme a break!

Barbara Eden is a self-serving creep who was a lousy mother, terrible actress and put into the common zeitgeist one of the most moronic characters of all time.

She didn't notice her son had problems from day one??? His father was a major violent alcoholic, there's a clue fer ya.

She never encountered another person in her decades in Hollywood who ever did drugs???

She thinks of her son every day but can't remember the name of the film that is supposed to come out (actually it was due out a year ago and may never make it -- and by the way, it's one of the few paying jobs her son had in his 35+ years).

She was unaware of the steroid addiction he had for years???

Barbara Eden has gone onto the Larry King Show twice now, for an hour each time, to bellyache about her dead junkie son. She pretends she is helping others, yet she has no plans for anything beyond giving paid speeches. No foundation, no meeting with other parents in an organized way. When a caller asked for her help, she blew him off with chatter and no substance. Just BS in the hopes that it will warm her own dormant career.

Eden is as phony as her cheek and breast implants. But the comparison with Patsy Ramsey is apt. They are very very similar.

4. imon128

imon128 Banned

Jeannie's Dream

Vic, thanks a lot. You really hit the nail on the head when you said "...their appearances are always scripted and directed by them." Boy howdy! What would it hurt for them to offer some compassion to somebody other than themselves? They likened their case to Princess Di. Well, Princess Di had more class in her little finger than that dynamic duo could even imagine. Of course, there's always the long shot that Mrs. Ramsey got out her pen..errrrr, computer, prolly, and sent the Ruunions, Williamsons, and the Smarts all a compassion note. Notes ARE her forte.

Fedora, I have to concur that Barbara came off as a somewhat distant mom. However, the fact that she's out there chanting amongst them, speaking her piece about the horribleness of drugs, is commendable. I thought some of the same things you talked about and decided that perhaps she'd been estranged and hurt by her son for some time (she said she had to do Tuff Luv) thus causing her to miss out on some things in his life. It sounded as if the son's last girlfriend had made some difference for awhile, and perhaps that's when Babs got back in the scene. I worked with a gal years ago whose adult older son was a druggie and rode a dang bicycle on the street right by where we worked. She (and her husband and other 2 other children) had NOTHING to do with him, in an effort to try the Tuff Luv thing and to keep her own sanity as he'd lied to her and used her and stole from her. It was extremely sad for her, but she felt it necessary for them both. I wonder what ever happened to them all...but I digress.

Thanks to you both for your thoughts!

5. AK

AK Member

Thanks, imon128

I realize I sounded a bit over the top about her, but I had the same reaction to Carroll O'Connor. I'm not just guessing about this stuff but I don't want to elaborate other than to say the signs were spray-painted on their respective walls for years and both Eden and O'Connor were so selfish they ignored all the signs, practiced "Tough Love," and then only when it was way too late. These kids grow up with money and no parenting. Hugh O'C had alcohol in his background via birthparents, and Carroll was a big drinker for much of his life. When the kids died, they didn't look in the mirror -- they struck out at society for the sake of soundbites. Awful.

Matt Ansara had a longtime steroid addiction, besides alcohol and drugs. She didn't say a thing about that, though that was far more likely to give him physical and mental problems of a potentially fatal nature. But you're right that it was the girl he was planning to marry who, in a few months time, showed him more compassion than he had in a lifetime from his parents.

I just couldn't help but wonder if Larry used to date Barbara. There was no reason for her to be on the show, she had nothing to say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice