Ramseys Fight Firm's Efforts to Draw Fees From Son's Funds

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Linda, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Linda

Linda FFJ Senior Member

ATLANTA, Georgia
    <A HREF="http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1024079079793">Ramseys Fight Firm's Efforts to Draw Fees From Son's Funds</A>--(Fulton County Daily Report)
    <I>An Atlanta criminal defense firm claims John B. and Patsy A. Ramsey owe it more than $38,000 in attorney fees for representing their minor son. The firm, Maloy & Jenkins, has sued to collect that tab out of 15-year-old Burke H. Ramsey's settlement of a libel case against a tabloid. </I>

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Linda...

Wow great information. Is this Lin Wood's firm or someone else.

Thanks Linda..

Tricia

3. AK

AK Member

Unfreakingbelievable!!!

The depths of depravity of these two continues to amaze me. I dunno why -- I should be used to their utter lack of morality and laughable fashion of thinking that just associating with them is payment itself! Pay the firm, you slimy pigs.

Are we sure these Ramseys don't have a criminal record prior to killing their daughter? Everything they do smacks of being experienced criminals. We really don't know if they do or don't. Odds are they have been sued and possibly even arrested before. And odds are, they'll be sued and arrested in the future. The sooner, the better.

Despicable and disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2002
  4. imon128

imon128 Banned

Thanks!

This is seeming to be typical of the Ramseys. They want somebody to do a service for them, but don't want to pay for it. Can you put your thumb and pointer around your lips, squeeze, and say...USERS!!!???!!!

What a coupla cheapskates, for crying out loud. It just ties in more and more with the paltry ransom amount.

Thanks for sharing the info.

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Limpwood

automatically gets his contingency blood money before payment is made to the Ramseys - at least, that's the way attorneys work in NYS. But, Lumpy was the civil lawyer - I wonder what kind of work these lawyers did. Apparently they didn't work on contingency.

That is the low breeding and arrogance coming out in the Scamseys. What were those lawyers thinking that they should be paid for their work? Why, they should feel honored just to have been in the company of John and don't-you-know-who-we-are Patsy.

Just more proof of the real character of these people.

6. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Just another suit for Wood to file - the boy's gotta buy lots of hay for that horse you know. Wonder if the stall is built for two.

7. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

Jenkins

Is the lawyer the Rams hired after they decided Burke needed a lawyer and he was around for the grand jury stuff. I think he was the lawyer that tried to get the tape of the 911 call released to him during the grand jury. I don't think he is in LLWoods firm.

8. Kelly

Kelly Member

For the love!

How many lawsuits do the Ramseys have still pending or that have been settled one way or the other?

This kind of stuff keeps them much too busy to search for the killer of JonBenet. I guess it keeps their minds off of what they did to her though.

What is this about John being unemployable? Didn't I read somewhere the other day that he was marketing cold cream?

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Why...

am I not surprised? These two so-called good Christians seem to break any and all of the Ten Commandments on a regular basis. Anyone who kills, will lie. Anyone who lies, will cheat. Anyone who cheats, will stiff their creditors. I bet Haddon & Co. are still waiting to see the first payment from these two grifters. Conscienceless pigs! Exactly the kind of trash who could bludgeon, rape, torture and strangle their own little girl, lead law enforcement on a merry chase, and laugh in the face of justice as they "get on with their lives".

10. Watching You

There was buzz

a few months ago that the Scamseys had not finished paying Hadden et al. I don't remember where I saw that, but I know I did see it.

Just think - if they hadn't been such jerks and cooperated with the police in the first place, the public's opinion may not have been swayed toward their guilt. JR can't get a job? Tough chit. I couldn't care less. Maybe the drama queen can get a job flipping hamburgers at Wendy's now that she has had her second miracle. Sorry, I'm just sick of them and their phoney lawyer.

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Forgot to say--

Thanks Linda, for a great catch!

I wanted to duct-tape Lin Wood last night on LKL when he droned on and on about Lizard Lips not being able to get another job. This was probably planned, to offset this info leaking out now about the Scamseys evading their creditors.

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

More....

Maloy & Jenkins also filed a motion to remove Patsy Ramsey as guardian of Burke's property and Wood as lawyer for the guardian, alleging a conflict of interest created by Ramsey's refusal to pay the bill out of her son's estate. That motion, which Wood called "unconscionable," is pending in probate court.

The Fulton Superior Court suit was filed two months after Propst's ruling. It named John and Patsy Ramsey individually and Patsy Ramsey as guardian of Burke's property. Maloy & Jenkins v. Ramsey, No. 2002CV53937 (Fult. Super. May 31, 2002).

The complaint says Judge Propst tossed the petition because he had no jurisdiction to hear it and that ruling doesn't bar the firm from attempting to collect its fees from the estate in a different venue.>> It also says John Ramsey owes another $8,399 for a contract he signed for representation of his ex-wife and two grown children in connection with the murder investigation. <<

Wood has responded with a motion asking that Patsy Ramsey, in her capacity as guardian, be dismissed from the case.

The motion argues that Judge Propst settled the issue of attaching the guardianship funds and Maloy & Jenkins are "seeking a second bite at the apple on the issue of whether Burke's estate is indebted to Plaintiff for legal services." It also says that the firm can't recover from Burke's estate because a minor can't be held liable for his parents' debts.

The litigation is "an unfortunate mess, but it is a mess that Jim Jenkins has created," Wood said. "It could've been handled quietly."

And more litigation eventually will have to be filed, he said. As her son's guardian, Ramsey has a responsibility to help Burke's estate recover its expenses for having to defend against Maloy & Jenkins, he said. "Jim Jenkins has bought himself a lawsuit."

13. Kelly

Kelly Member

Oh what a tangled web we weave.....

What a hole the Ramseys have dug for themselves.

14. Watching You

Help me understand this

Pi$$ant Wood stated:

The litigation is "an unfortunate mess, but it is a mess that Jim Jenkins has created," Wood said. "It could've been handled quietly."

And more litigation eventually will have to be filed, he said. <b>As her son's guardian, Ramsey has a responsibility to help Burke's estate recover its expenses for having to defend against Maloy & Jenkins, he said. "Jim Jenkins has bought himself a lawsuit."</b>

What that means, folks, is that belligerent A-hole Wood is filing a civil suit against Jim Jenkins to recover the money Patsy had to spend out of Burke's stash to defend against Jim Jenkin's trying to get paid for his services!!! How much scummier can these people get? Is there anything he won't do for money?

I thought the Ramseys were so broke because of the money they have paid out to lawyers and investigators, yet, more and more it is coming out that they OWE, but they haven't paid. The truth is, they are broke because they couldn't curtail their extravagant lifestyle when they had no income and no hope of any. They are just despicable people. It also seems that Wood has been on a personal witch hunt for people to sue on behalf of the Ramseys, making calls to people like Dominick Dunne, threatening him with a lawsuit if he discusses HIS opinion on the Ramsey case. This is bullchit. IMFSO, one of the Ramseys' lawyers is a scummy dirtbag, bet you can't guess which one. In fact, I don't think much of any of them.

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

You know it, WY...

Lin Wood is the bottom of the barrel, as lawyers go. His cottage industry of Ram lawsuits is going to land his own sorry a$$ in jail one of these days. I'd just love for him to go up against Dominick Dunne. Leroy is gonna find his skanky self in big trouble. Reminds me of the story of the Tar Baby.

16. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

OK... when is Lin Wood going to run for congress? He has all the attributes of a slick, smooth lying politician.

shadow

17. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

18. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

whoa

who does he think he's fooling with that rug??

Ayeka

19. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I SAW THAT ALREADY TRICIA!! It looks like a bird's nest!

20. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

I am convinced...

that Connie Chung reads here. Her remarks last night about Traficant's wig sounded suspiciously FFJ-like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice