Lin Wood has no conscience

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Last night was a fascinating LKL show.

Toward the end of the show King had on Lin Wood. Here is Lin Wood's interview with a brief response from Nancy Grace and Marc Klaas.

KING: We're going to spend some moments now with Lin Wood. He's been with us a lot in the past, the attorney for John and Patsy Ramsey. He's in Atlanta.

First, what's the latest on Patsy's condition?

LIN WOOD, ATTORNEY FOR JOHN AND PATSY RAMSEY: Patsy's just finished a very difficult six-month course of treatment, chemotherapy, for a recurrence of her ovarian cancer. As you may know, Larry, Patsy suffered stage-four ovarian cancer back in 1993.

She was cancer-free for nine-and-a-half years, and unfortunately in January, was diagnosed up at the National Institutes of Health as having suffering a recurrence.

The prognosis is good for her. It was found early. It appears to be limited in area, so everyone is very hopeful.

But it's been a tough six months. It's been a tough six years for Patsy Ramsey and her family. You now, JonBenet, next Tuesday, would have been 12 years old. This family has endured incredible pain, incredible turmoil in their lives for the last six years.

And I think Patsy knows that compared to that the last six months have not been that difficult -- not as difficult as the loss of a daughter.

KING: How have the Ramseys looked at these other abductions and the way the parents have been treated in those matters?

WOOD: Well, they look at them, I think, as all of us do: with a profound sense of sadness and pain.

They surely understand better than most the pain that the van Dam family, the Smart family, the Runnion family. The families of these children are suffering, and will suffer for the rest of their lives.

But they also, candidly, I would have to tell you, like me, they look at some of the recent abduction and murder cases, and they have a sense of amazement because they look at the way the media has treated these cases and they remember how the media treated them and continues to treat them.

They look back and they see, in these cases, fortunately, what appears to be solid law enforcement at work. And they remember, unfortunately how the Boulder Police Department totally bungled the case of JonBenet Ramsey, and how even today there's really no law enforcement effort underway to try to find the killer of their daughter.

It seems that if we didn't learn from the JonBenet Ramsey case, at least we seem to have learned, because the media has treated these families of late much differently than they treated the Ramseys, and law enforcement seems to be doing a much better job, and not making some of the same fundamental mistakes that were made out in Boulder, Colorado.

KING: Lin, is that because when the Ramsey occurrence happened, people didn't think about a stranger going into a house and trying to take, or taking, a child?

WOOD: You know, I think that's part of it, Larry.

You go back and you look, and initially the public was totally skeptical of the idea that parents could be sleeping in a $1 million house in Boulder, Colorado -- a large, rambling house -- that while the parents would be sleeping, some intruder would be courageous or risk-taking enough to come into the house in the middle of the night and abduct and harm a child.

But now we know it happens. People didn't believe John and Patsy; they seemed to be skeptical. But ask Ed Smart, he knows, it happened in his house.

We've learned a lot through the media spotlight this summer on the missing and murdered children cases that there are perverted people out there, pedophiles, sexual deviants who are willing to come into your house in the middle of the night while you sleep and abduct or harm your child.

That's what happened to JonBenet Ramsey, and unfortunately that's what's happened to these tragic cases of late.

KING: How are the Ramseys doing -- I mean, aside from the illness, how are they doing emotionally? What's John doing?

WOOD: Well, John still is looking for gainful employment.

I don't think -- and as I sit here and listen to the panelists bandy back and forth about the evidence in this case, and we talk about blood and we talk about bugs and decay, and we just lose sight sometimes, I think, of the human people that are involved in these cases; a child dead, parents affected.

John Ramsey, to this day -- I don't suspect many people think about it -- but John Ramsey can't really find a job. He still has to live his life, at an early age -- John's only in his mid-50s -- he has to live his life tainted by the idea that he was held out by the media as someone who may have been involved in the death of his daughter.

The Boulder Police Department refused to come clean and tell us the truth about that case. And so John Ramsey may never find a job until and unless the killer of JonBenet is found. And that's not going to happen unless we've got competent law enforcement professionals out there, starting over again and looking at the evidence.

The forensic evidence is there. All of the forensic evidence you hear discussed that seems to, on the face of it, implicate some of these individuals in the recent cases, the same type of forensic evidence was found in the Ramsey case, but it pointed away from the family and to an intruder. The police just refused to follow it.

KING: All right, we're going to get a break. Lin will stay with us, our panel will rejoin and we'll get their thoughts on what Lin has had to say in our remaining moments.

I'm sure you won't go away.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KING: We have a little bit of time; I want to get a lot of thoughts in here.

Nancy Grace, does Lin Wood have a good point?

GRACE: Well, he's got an excellent point that very often many people forget these are not just news stories, these are people's lives.

But I see the JonBenet case as completely different than these cases. In that case the child was tied up, bludgeoned, strangled in the home, and whoever did it wasn't afraid of getting caught while they sat around and wrote a ransom note.

The other cases are completely different.

WOOD: In the deepest, darkest, furthest corner of a four-story home, the basement of that home, someone took that child down there and did, in fact, sexually assault her and did, in fact, brutally murder her.

And this family, John and Patsy Ramsey, from a historical perspective, have not one shred of background evidence about them that leads anyone to reasonably conclude they could commit such a heinous crime. These were good, decent American citizens who were living the American dream.

And yes, Nancy, it happened in Boulder, Colorado. Someone came into that house and took that child down to the deepest, darkest part of the house for thrills for doing it in the house, who knows?

But there are perverted people out there that are capable of committing that type of crime.

KING: Let me -- I want to just touch a couple of other bases around with the whole panel.

*snip*

(King asked a reporter about the van Dam case then switches back to the Ramsey's)

KING: Marc Klaas, do you still keep in touch with the van Dams?

KLAAS: You know, I -- of course I keep in touch with the van Dams, and I spoke to Brenda not too many days ago. She told me, in fact, that the son of Westerfield would be taking the stand. And I was astounded, because it didn't seem to me that they could control anything he would say.

And I think it was a calculated move to put the last coffin in Westerfield's -- the last nail is Westerfield's coffin, and I think it was effective.

But listen, there's nothing in Westerfield's background to indicate that he could have committed a heinous crime either. And there were a lot of things that were left unsaid about what happened in the Ramsey situation. But since these folks basically threatened litigation to anybody that doesn't totally agree with their version of the facts, I'm afraid I can't say any more.

KING: Dr. Lee, you were called in on that Boulder case.

LEE: Yes, I was directly involved in the case.

KING: What's your conclusion?

LEE: My conclusion here, we still don't know the real manner of the death. Is that really homicide or accidental death? As far, you know, this case, Alex Hunter (ph) contacted me two-and-a-half months later. And I'm not trying to defend Boulder Police Department; that's a small department that don't have much homicide experience, and they did their best.

Unfortunately, when they respond to, say, a kidnapping case, we say three page of note. And very few cases in my career being -- assisting law enforcement, almost 6,000, 7,000 cases have a case -- have three pages of note. Alex Hunter (ph) is a man with a lot of courage.

Before he announced that he not charge anybody, he flew to New Haven. I have a secret to share with everybody: He was in New Haven with me. We had two days discussion, day and night. Does physical evidence prove one way or the other? We can't really prove that in the case.

KING: OK Lin, you wanted to say something about Dominick Dunne's comments the other night about that case.

WOOD: Well, let me segue into Dominick Dunne but just commenting on Mr. Klaas's comments just a moment ago where he said he couldn't discuss the case because the Ramseys threaten litigation against anyone who did. I could I could sit down and ask Mr. Klaas 100 factual questions about the JonBenet Ramsey case, and I bet you he wouldn't get 10 of them correct.

I don't mind, and the Ramseys don't mind, anyone going out and discussing the case. They do ask, as I think they are entitled to ask, that the discussions be based on truth and facts.

Dominick Dunne came on your show, Larry, a few weeks ago, and in response to a caller, for example, he said that the Ramseys had, through their money, been able to prevent having to testify live before the grand jury -- that they were allowed to testify by video because of their money and power.

That's absolute fiction. In fact, the Ramseys tried to be permitted to testify live before the grand jury and the prosecutors wouldn't let them. And I don't believe that their video was ever shown to the grand jury because it was police interrogation video, and it was extremely favorable to the Ramseys -- three days' worth, where they answered every question.

Now I did, in fact, call Mr. Dunne, as he indicated on your program, and I told him, if you're going to be discussing this case, just like Mr. Klaas may be discussing it or Nancy Grace or Mark Geragos, make sure that you have the facts correct.

I don't think that should be intimidating people that know the case. If you know the case, talk about it. If you don't, don't talk about it.

KING: We only have a minute left. We could do a lot more on this.

But Mark Geragos, are there dangers here -- I know we do it and we talk about it and the public's interested in it -- that we delve too much into things that juries haven't decide yet?

GERAGOS: Well, obviously, because you talk about, can you get a fair trial.

But Lin points out something that I think -- and you can see it when Lin talks about his clients. If his clients are innocent then, I mean, what has happened to them? What have we done to them? What has the media done to them? What kind of...

KING: And also,there's a killer loose.

GERAGOS: Right. God forbid that there's somebody else out there.

But the other kind of slow torture that they've been exposed to is something that you wouldn't ever want to do to anybody or any parent, let alone somebody who's lost a child.

KING: We're out of time. But I will tell you, we'll have you all, of course, all back. And Lin, we'll come back for an entire program, as this subjects remains one of the great mysteries.

We thank Dr. Henry lee, Marc Klaas, Nancy Grace, Mark Geragos, Steve Fiorina at San Diego at the courthouse form KGTV and Lin Wood, the attorney for the John and Patsy Ramsey.

We'll come back and tell you all about tomorrow night's show right after this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Usually I am not at a loss for words but I am now. Lin Wood has no conscience. None. He could care less how much he lies. He could care less if he helps a baby killer get away with murder.

Larry King should loosen his suspenders. Perhaps he could get a bit more oxygen into his brain so he can ask a question or two rather than let Wood blather on like the liar he is. Next time maybe Wood and King can talk about something they know about like ex-wives.

I would suggest you all read the whole transcript. Very interesting. Ed Smart is on. Lots of van Dam stuff. Here you go.
    http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0207/31/lkl.00.html

I have got to believe that someday, the real killer of this sweet child will be brought to justice. I believe without a doubt in my soul the real killer is Patsy.

Tricia

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Just a few major differences

First and foremost Mr. Wood, <i>that child</i> has a name. <b>Her name is JonBenét.</b> For six years we have heard her parents and then yourself call her <i>that child</i>. Why is that?

None of these other cases had a body <b>and</b> a ransom note found in the parent's home. The weapon/s used did not come from the parents home. Most, if not all of these cases don't have parents who were willing to pimp the media circuit but felt put upon by the police because they had to answer some tough questions. I can't think of one other recent case where the parents didn't want to know <b>who</b> took their child or parents that didn't plea with the abductor to let their child return home safely. Why weren't the Ramseys on CNN the day JonBenét was supposedly abducted?

Skeptical? When it comes to the Ramseys and anything you yourself say - you bet your hiney Mr. Wood.

"We've learned a lot through the media spotlight this summer on the missing and murdered children cases that there are perverted people out there, pedophiles, sexual deviants who are willing to come into your house in the middle of the night while you sleep and abduct or harm your child."

Yes, and some actually live <b>in</b> the home.

"The Boulder Police Department refused to come clean and tell us the truth about that case. And so John Ramsey may never find a job until and unless the killer of JonBenét is found. And that's not going to happen unless we've got competent law enforcement professionals out there, starting over again and looking at the evidence."

Criminology 101: Eliminate the immediate (family) nucleus and work out. The Ramseys didn't allow good police work but want to blame the police because they can't move on without full cooperation and to date, the Ramseys have been too busy hiding behind lawyers to cooperate. It's time Lin Wood, for the Ramseys to come clean and tell the police the truth about the case - only then can the umbrella of suspicion be removed.

KING: And also,there's a killer loose.

And there will be until the Ramseys give 100% cooperation to the BPD. Odd how that killer either never killed again or changed his/her MO and let's face it, serial killers don't change their MO.

3. imon128

imon128 Banned

Great show!!

This was a great show last night!! Linp Woody made some appeal to look at the humans in these cases instead of the forensics. For gawd's sake! Is he saying convict a person based on how much you pity them?????? That may have worked for the Ramseys in their OLD social circle and families, but by cracky those of us out here in the real world look at the forensics and the logic.

No, Woody, the R's are in a league of their own. What WAS LK thinking when he put LW in with that same bunch? Getting senile, there, Lar?

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't get it

when did Limpwood become the Ramseys' advocate for life? He was hired to sue anyone who dared speak his opinion about the case, not to get on TV and tell everyone what the truth is. He doesn't even KNOW the truth, he knows only what the Ramseys and that lying mouthpiece at the swamp have told him. Doesn't it seem that more and more he seems a jameson clone? Twist and spin and call that the truth.

Limpwood wouldn't know "truth" if it came up behind him and bit him in the a$$. Is it part of his contract with the Ramseys to go on TV and advocate for them? Or, is he just another bloodsucker feeding at JB's grave?

5. Harley

Harley Member

I Could

have reached thru the TV and kissed Marc Class when he said what he said. It was priceless. I knew either he or Nancy Grace would say something and neither one of them disappointed me. Great Show!!!

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Well I watched the show and agree it was great. By the end of the show, tho, I was completely enraged at LimpWood and at Larry for not following up with questions that should be asked. Seems like he switches gears too often at critical times. Anyway, I was all riled up when I went to bed and was thinking of lots of stuff to vent about, now I'm calmer, lol. I did like this quote from Mark Klass, tho:

"But listen, there's nothing in Westerfield's background to indicate that he could have committed a heinous crime either. And there were a lot of things that were left unsaid about what happened in the Ramsey situation. But since these folks basically threatened litigation to anybody that doesn't totally agree with their version of the facts, I'm afraid I can't say any more."

I thought, go Mark! Limpy is a piece of chit.

7. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

finish last line

Dear me, if it ain't just a shame
    Woody has sold his soul for fame
    He spins for the Rams
    And sounds like old Jams

GL

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

uuuuhhh

I didn't see this show so could someone help me out and interpret what thehell Henry Lee was trying to say about the three page ransom note? The sentences don't make any sense but maybe actually watching the show last night would help in deciphering what he was saying. Anybody?

IMON--the fact that Patsy and John were nice people and good parents with no known history of violence is the only card Wood has to play. That fact is part of what is so fascinating about this case--what happened that night? What led to that flashpoint of anger?

What Henry Lee says here (the part that I can actually understand) mirrors everything I've heard for three years--authorities still can't really answer that question. Was it an accident staged to look like a murder or a parental sexual assault staged to look like a serial pedophile killing?

The "nice people" defense only goes so far when you have a staged crime scene and a dead six year old kid in your basement.

9. BobC

Thor

Expecting Larry King to ask intelligent follow-up questions is like asking for hairstyle tips from former Congressman Trafficant. I think LK is senile, and probably the worst interviewer currently working in television.

10. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Klaas - "... And there were a lot of things that were left unsaid about what happened in the Ramsey situation. But since these folks basically threatened litigation to anybody that doesn't totally agree with their version of the facts, I'm afraid I can't say any more." YEA!!

Wood - "But they also, candidly, I would have to tell you, like me, they look at some of the recent abduction and murder cases, and they have a sense of amazement because they look at the way the media has treated these cases and they remember how the media treated them and continues to treat them."

There was one very BIG DIFFERENCE in these cases and the Ramsey case, DimWood!!! All of these parents cooperated fully with the police and FBI - none of them ran off, hired a lawyer the first day, and disappeared for days before even speaking (thru their lawyers) to the police. If they are truely innocent (big IF), they hampered the efforts of the Boulder police in finding the killer of their daughter and brought the media down on their own heads!!!

shadow

I agree about King, BobC... that's the main reason I seldom watch his show even if I'm interested in the subject. I'll turn to his show, watch about 10 minutes, get ****ed, and switch it off!

11. BobC

Not only that, Shadow

But the MEDIA has helped hundreds of parents find and rescue their kidnapped children. For example, today FOXNEWS is running the photos of yet two more girls who were kidnapped recently and it's the lead story on their website. Now the public is aware and can keep their eyes open and possibly help.

Woody doesn't grasp this concept because finding real baby killers is not something he's concerned with--he just wants to make cash off high profile cases.

Anyone ever notice that the Rams never thank the media for keeping Jonbenet's case in the public eye? Never. They only whine about their reputations being wrecked.

12. Kelly

Kelly Member

I watched that program but fell asleep halfway through limps going on about Ramsey rights. So he thinks nobody realized that people broke into houses and stole kids back in the nineties. That's a bunch of bull. He and the Ramseys are grasping at any and every straw they can to try and convince us they are innocent. Funny how nobody elses attorney was there speaking for other parents of murdered children. All the others beg for airtime to help bring kidnapping, pedophilic scum to justice. Not the Ramseys. God this makes me hate them even more.

Yea right Patsy, someone broke into your house and killed your daughter and you being the wonderful hostess you are sat and wrote a ransom note for them.

13. fly

fly Member

Lee

The thing that impressed me the most on LKL last night was that Lee did everything but say Hunter and he think one of the Ramseys did it. All that stuff about spending 2(?) days/nights going over everything and ultimately deciding they couldn't PROVE the case made it pretty darn clear where even Hunter stood.

14. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Good Show

Thanks for the transcript, Tricia.

Bottom line: Everyone still thinks John or Patsy or both killed JonBenet, except that a$$ki$$ing, kneepad-wearing shyster/skank, Leroy Lincoln Wood. Even Mark Geragos was hardpressed to say a good word. Loved the zingers from Klaas and Grace.

It ticks me off enormously for the Rams and their smarmy mouthpiece to put these selfserving meretricious babykillers in the same category as Erin Runnion, the VanDams, and the Smarts. You don't get to be in that tragic exclusive club if you killed your own child.

15. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Yep

Lurker, I am in agreement with the totality of your brilliant post.

Fly, where you been? I took note of Lee's statements, too. In fact, Lee has been saying right along that it appeared to be an accident that was covered up. Now Mike Kane has come out and said the same thing - accident that was covered up by the drama queen (in the GLOBE this week).

The only thing I would say differently here is I think it was an accident during the commission of a criminal act - whether that act was sexual abuse or Patsy hauling off and beaning JBR over the head in a fit of anger, in both cases not meaning to kill JBR, and hence, the accident scenario.

16. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

lkl and Lin Wood

It was all I could do to dispose of my 'throw-up' bag when Mr. Phony Baloney Lyn Wood came along. I could see from most of the cast on LKL, that they all, pretty much felt the same way as the rest of the world.

BUT .... as Lyn Woody tells you and believe me ya gotta listen to his message ... It has nothing in the world to do with Jonbenet, but it has everything to do with the fact that John is essentially unemployed, in spite of the fact that on any given day, Joh and Lyn have law suits flying here and there. Honestly, I do believe that filing friviolous law suits has become a full time job for John, in the absence of any other respectacle career.

Forgive me friends, but the actions of Lyn Wood, John Ramsey and Patsy Ramsey (in the background) are nothing more than guilty people trying to live off the avails of any lawsuit that suits their attorney's whim. He's using them - but then again, they're using him - how pathetic. What the hell ever happened to the sorrow and profound loss that they should feel about their little girl they accidently killed AND WE ALL KNOW that this is most likely how it happened - a tragic accident. But still, they keep the fires lit and what's worse try to recoup the millions that was once their forte. Shame John, Shame Patsy - ya just don't get it! Patsy Killed Jonenet but I honestly believe she didn't really mean to ... the pressures she put on her herself, more or less, did her in and ultimately, it cost her the death of her most precious little girl.

We never hated either of you but we simply were not about to buy into some 'weary stranger with a vengenace for your precious daughter' scenario. The ramsom note ties you both in and guess what, you both know that Somehow, some way, you both found a way to focus together and fight the media and the rest of the world, in spite of any things you really felt about yourselves. (perhaps for the first time in years)

So, libel and sue all you want Pats & John, but you and I know that Jonenbet will never have any peace and most of all, John you will never again have a respectable job - you and Patsy's fault to be sure, perhaps mostly Patsy.

Still I still think of you both often but then again I think the best thigh you & Pats could do is this ..... FIRE ALL THE LAWYERS ... they are definitely doing you no good! Trust Me! You'd both do better on your own and one day you may actually have a week, month or two to reflect on Jonbenet and everything she meant to you both .... she was not angel, but she was a little human being and maybe she knew more about the two of you than the rest of us will ever know in a lifetime.

Take care of each other

Love,
    Mandarin

17. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

I'VE been away for awhile ...

Not sure if my previous post mad it, but then again if it did, whooopee!

Hello to all and sooooooooooooo glad to hear and know that those (at least those that are sinere) are still here.

I think about everyone, often - honest!

Regards,
    Mandarin

18. AK

AK Member

Lin Wood has done one good thing...

He's brought Fly and Mandarin out of hiding and back to FFJ!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice