Default Destiny Wright age 6- Endangered Missing

Aug 7, 2002 12:46 pm US/Eastern

(KYW)-(Philadelphia)-Philadelphia police are searching for a six-year-old girl from the city's
    Kensington section. Police say the girl was reported missing Wednesday morning.

Six-year-old Destiny Wright was staying at the home of her father's girlfriend on the 800 block of East Westmoreland Street near G Street, when she mysteriously disappeared. Police say the child was put to bed around 2:30 a.m. when people got up around 10 a.m. Wednesday, Destiny was gone.

http://kyw.com/news/StoryFolder/story_1420091101_html

Default No Amber Alert Issued!

Posted on Wed, Aug. 07, 2002

Police search for 6-year-old girl missing in Kensington

By Thomas J. Gibbons Jr.
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Philadelphia police this afternoon were investigating the disappearance of a 6-year-old girl from a sleepover at a home in Kensington earlier in the day.

"Our main concern right now is to find this child," said Capt. Len Ditchkofsky, commander of the East Detective Division. "We have no information at this point that says foul play is involved."
    ***snip

Although police were treating this as a "missing tender age" search, Ditchkofsky had initially said the state's Amber alert system had been activated through the Pennsylvania State Police. The system uses media bulletins similar to weather warnings to help locate missing children after an abduction.

However, other investigators later backed off that statement, saying the system had not been activated because the girl's disappearance did not fit the criteria for sparking an alert.
    ***snip

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/3817456.htm

Default Witness Says She Saw Missing Kensington Girl

Girl Staying With Family Friend

POSTED: 12:14 p.m. EDT August 7, 2002
    UPDATED: 7:39 p.m. EDT August 7, 2002

PHILADELPHIA -- A woman told Philadelphia police that she thinks she saw 6-year-old Destiny Wright in a Rite Aid store about 1:30 Wednesday afternoon.

The woman said she spotted the girl at the chain store located at Torresdale and Erie avenues. Police are reviewing surveillance videos to see if the girl was Destiny, who disappeared from a Kensington home overnight.
    ***snip

Police told NBC 10 that Destiny was at a sleepover party with a group of girls at a rowhome on East Westmoreland Street in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia. She disappeared sometime after 2 a.m. Wednesday.
    ***snip

Kareama (Destiny's mom) said that she was told about several things that did not seem right.

Neighbors heard some screaming in the back yard about 5 in the morning, but nobody went out there to check. But they found some shoes that don't belong to nobody in that house. They found one in the back yard and one in the alleyway and that's all. They don't have no evidence or nothing.
    ***snip

One neighbor, who asked to not be identified, told NBC 10 that she is sure she heard a scuffle around 6 a.m.

"I heard a little girl in the back scream. She said 'no!' That's all I heard. I thought it was one of my kids so I did not look through the back. So, I yelled, 'Why you up so early?' and then I didn't hear any more screaming," the neighbor said.
    ***snip

http://www.nbc10.com/news/1599247/detail.html

Default Sad Ending

Found this on CNN's web site.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/08/09/phi...irl/index.html

I cannot decide if my sadness or anger is the strongest right now.
    KB
    "Let's Roll"

Post not again

Too many and too frequent.

This has to stop.

Default Police: Body Of Destiny Wright Found

Brother Of Homeowner Questioned

POSTED: 6:04 p.m. EDT August 8, 2002
    UPDATED: 10:45 a.m. EDT August 9, 2002

PHILADELPHIA -- Police confirmed to NBC 10 Thursday night that they found the body of 6-year-old Destiny Wright -- the little girl who was reported missing Wednesday morning in the city's Kensington section.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/1602364/detail.html

You are right RC - this has to stop!

Default Wonder what he will get for a sentance.

I also wonder how many other children he has harmed...being the "perfect" baby-sitter and all.

http://newsdirectory.com/go/?f=&r=pa&u=www.nbc10.com

"Destiny's body was found in an overgrown lot Thursday night and Abdul El Shabazz faces multiple charges, including murder, rape, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, statutory sexual assault, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault, all felonies. He also faces misdemeanor counts of indecent assault, indecent exposure, abuse of a corpse and corruption of a minor.

Family members told NBC 10 that El Shabazz was the perfect baby sitter. He was always available to take care of the little ones and clean the house. While the family frantically searched for Destiny, he searched too. But police said that his conversations with them didn't add up. "
    KB
    "Let's Roll"