Sexual Offenders in Michigan

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by Shyshi5, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

With success I'll be able to include what I read, while searching sexual offenders website. This appauled me to the point JR asked me to post this. We need to stop the State of Michigan and this judgeState's Sex Offender Registry Taken Offline
    Michigan Sex Offenders Registration Act Ruled Unconstitutional
    Posted: 2:42 p.m. EDT June 4, 2002
    Updated: 10:53 p.m. EDT June 4, 2002

The state's Sex Offenders Internet site was deactivated Tuesday morning.

The U.S. District Court issued a ruling on the case of Daniel Fullmer vs. the Michigan Department of State Police Monday. In the decision, U.S. District Judge Victoria A. Roberts ruled that the Michigan Sex Offenders Registration Act is unconstitutional under the 14th Ammendment in the U.S. Constitution, according to a statement made by State Police Director Col. Stephen D. Madden.

The Michigan Sex Offenders Internet site was reportedly deactivated at 8:28 a.m. in response to the ruling. State police are reviewing the ruling with the Michigan Attorney General's Office to determine the scope of the ruling and what additional steps are necessary.

from allowing this to happen.

2. KB

KB FFJ Senior Member

Why

I am amazed that in this country of ours it has to be such a struggle to protect our nations children. We see more rights given to convicts and criminals than to victims and citizens. It couldn't be more backwards.

3. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

Sex Offenders Public Rights

KB...& ..VP - Thanks for the site. I am taking the time to draft a petition online to make the list public in every state with no fees. God knows no one paid anyone to commit these horrific crimes, so why should we have to pay to retrieve the information about them. Makes sense to me.
    Never in my wildest dreams, after moving to Texas, did I ever think I could become so angry about the crimes being committed, and the child abductions to say the least. If I weren't the Christian I am I'm sure I could throw in a few curse words over this, but God will give me the words to say and be more effective. I was brought to Texas by a higher power!!
    Children are God's Greatest Gifts, and as 1 person, I may not be able to stop the crimes, but I surely will put a big dent in them, and put the list back out to the public (Free) once again. I will not stop until I am called to be with all the Angels, who left so early in thiri lives. May God Bless us all with strength, energy, love and compassion toward one another.

4. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

President Bush & September summit

Hi To All,
    Well Happy Monday...I searched for information pretaining to President Bush's words regarding the September Summit for Missing & Exploited Children... I hope this is encouraging to all concerned... God Bless us all.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/08/20020806-2.html

5. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

By invation of the White House only

As I suspected, the forum is by invitation by the White House only. I received a call from my contact today and they will sponsor my wife and me with a recommendation. Hopefully it will be enough for an invitation.

6. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

Invitation!!!!

RC,
    Considering all that you and your family have been through since January, I frankly don't think an invitation should be necessary. What's wrong with this picture.?Any way, if I have to write another letter to the White house,about this issue too I will.
    I already wrote regarding the FBI non-response to your daughter's disappearnace. I won't quit until I leave this earth as I said before. I'm a Taurus and I'm definetly strong willed and bull-headed. No stopping me now.

7. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

It's in the works

I am working on an invitation to the missing children forum. I appreciate the offer, but people on the FFJ forum don't need to get involved.

8. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

Another one OUT!!!!!!!

Sept. 1/02 issue of Grand Rapids Press: Archived.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress

Press Quote:
    Police alerted as rapist finishes prison
    Sunday, September 01, 2002
    By Ken Kolker
    The Grand Rapids Press(quote):
    A convicted rapist who tried to entice a 10-year-old girl from a bus stop the last time he was released from prison will be freed again Friday, prompting Kent County Prosecutor William Forsyth to issue unprecedented warnings to police and school officials.
    Quote:
    "You let him out and he will absolutely hurt somebody else," said retired Sheriff's Detective Rachel Bowman, who investigated the 1979 crimes at restaurants and a grocery store in northern Kent County. "That's one person who should never be out on the streets."
    Quote by Sieber's Father:
    Under state law, Siebers has 10 days to register as a sex offender. The registry is run by state police and is available on the Internet. Siebers is trying to find a home where the registry isn't available to the public, his father said.
    There is a big problem here. My daughter who lives in this city was warned by my grand childre's schools. I posted earlier that Michigan doesn't make the list public, due to a ruling by a local judge. How are we supposed to protect these vulnerabilies if we don't know where these preditors are. HELP!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice