TV alert

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Thor, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Thor

Thor Active Member

Just heard an announcement on NBC that the Today show tomorrow morning will have Ramsey in it. Unless Osama strikes again.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I saw them

Like my day wasn't crappy enough to begin with. Bring in the original clowns.....

SLOVENLY - must be rubbing off on John, they both looked rough!

3. fly

fly Member

two segments

I caught the first Today segment that included video of the deposition. Didn't see the second part that was to involve interviewing Wood.

One thing that I thought was strange was that both Ramseys were present with the lawyers in the deposition video footage. I would have expected only the one being questioned would be there. Or did my eyes fail me as I tried to both watch the TV and get dressed?

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Umm

So Jon and Patsy were in the room TOGETHER? I hope they were showing some file tape.

Did anyone see the interview? Help I missed the whole thing.

Fly what was being said while they were showing the tape? Was it a small lead in or a full segment with the 2nd segment being from lin wood?

I'll go check out Today Show web site now.

Thanks

Tricia

5. Tricia

Here is a link

If you want a quick glimpse of how crappy Patsy looked go to:

http://www.kmgh.com/den/news/stories/news-112455820011212-151206.html

Then click on video under Patsy's picture.

Also click on the comparison of Patsy's writing and the ransom note. Pretty close if you ask me.

Fly on this video clip it does show several people in the room but I couldn't tell if one of them was John. Maybe someone else can.

Tricia

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Tricia

I have tried repeatedly to get this video to come up with no luck. I click on play and nothing happens. Damn it.

I that John used a lot of "I don't recall" crapola, but I don't know what questions he responded to. Well, our ex-prez helped out with that. I am so sick and tired of the bad guys coming out on top in this world. Where in the world is justice? John & Patsy are probably helping out with the Bragg case, with their legacy. This is so very sad.

How long will this sideshow go on? I keep having hope and then it fades away. Or is NYL holding other cards up his sleeve? I hope so. I have heard others say he wasn't tough enough with questions. This makes me ill, it really does.

It sounds like this week's depos are a bust, just like last August, when Kane etal went to Georgia. Why is it that the people trying to find justice for JonBenet come in with guns blazing and end up retreating with their tail between their legs? Nothing earth-shattering ever comes of this stuff. Is Lin Wood that damned powerful? Why is this happening? Will all these cases come out in the Ram's favor? Look how many they have WON! Court TV, the Star, for Burke. Come on, they know what happened. And these people are now under oath and still claiming innocence all the way. Yet, supposedly nothing is there the BPD or DA can charge them with. I'm sorry, but the longer I type the madder I get. When will anything ever go right in this case??? Where is the justice?

7. Tricia

Thor

I know it's frustrating. We all want a "Perry Mason moment".

Remember we are dealing with people who are empty. Who have had everything go right for them. From the wacky way Boulder handles investigations right down to their defenders still doing their job on the internet.

The bad guys are winning the battles thor but I still believe they will not win the war.

I think NYL is only focusing on the ransom note. Thanks to Steve Thomas nailing them on the statement "Whoever wrote the note is the killer" all NYL has to do is prove Patsy wrote the note. He doesn't need to worry about any other aspect of the case. If he can convince a jury Patsy wrote the note...it's a done deal.

NYL has one goal. Prove Patsy wrote the note. Nothing else. Which is why I think the depo's were rather short.

Let's hope..

Tricia

8. fly

fly Member

video

I'm having trouble getting the video to play, too.

Here's what I recall about the scene in the room:

The camera is shooting from the end of a rectangular table. At the far end of the table, and slightly to the right is JR. Darnay Hoffman is on the right side of the table near the end. PR is across from him. There was at least one other person in the scene, one of which was on the same side of the table as PR.

How does this compare to the video?

If MSNBC weren't so determined to cover Osama and the war 24/7, we'd probably get to see the Today segment fairly frequently. As it is now, we'll probably get to see the same old clips of Ashleigh Banfield over and over again.

Now, don't get me wrong....the war is far more important, but I'd kind of like a little variety in my news diet.

9. Tricia

yes

Yes fly that sounds like the video on the page. It's that one guy I can't identify. I will go back and look. Plus I will see what kind of "player" they are using and maybe that will help.

Hey if all else fails you all come over to my house ok?? :) :)

Fly you brought up an interesting point. Because of Sept. 11th the Ramsey case is way down the line of stories. Almost an after thought. In some circles a silly joke about tabloid jounalism.

I am not trying to make it sound like what we are doing is more important than it really is but let's face it. It's up to people like us to keep talking about it. Never give up. Look at the Moxley case.

That is why this forum and other decent forums are so important. We are the only ones keeping the pressure on. We are the only ones who can write letters.

Also let's face another fact. The tabloids are the only papers interested in doing anything new with the case.

Between us and the tabloids we have this case solved. Now if we can get people to listen you know? :banghead:

Tricia

10. Tricia

Hold on

If you do watch the video notice how Patsy is nodding her head in a "Yes" montion while NYL is asking her if she wrote the note.

Also I use a real media player 56k if that helps.

11. fly

fly Member

other person

I don't have any memory of what the other person looks like, but if he (I assume "he") had dark hair and looks 45-55, that is probably the GA lawyer that is working with Darnay.

The problem is RealMedia. I apparently need to upgrade, but it's taking forever to download, so I've bailed out. Maybe I'll try again later.

12. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

LOL Tricia

You caught the head nodding too. Lot of blinking as well. What got me was that the head shake no when NYL asked "the" direct question looked like a concerted effort.

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Heads Up

InSide Edition will have a segment on the Ramseys.

Fly - I saw the same clip that you were asking about, they were definitely both in the same room for some time period.

14. Tricia

You know

I was worried when I first heard Patsy and John might be in the same room during the depo but I don't think it matters.

NYL is sticking to one basic thing. Prove Patsy wrote the note. Battle of the experts. Prove Patsy wrote the note then show the clip of Patsy agreeing with Steve Thomas that whoever (or is it whomever) wrote the note is the killer and wha-la slam dunk.

Tricia

15. fly

fly Member

no slam dunk

If it could be clearly proven that PR wrote the note, then it <i>would</i> be a slam dunk. However, what we have is a major case of dueling experts -- with the state's experts apparently being very lukewarm, at best. IMO, we're still left with a "maybe" rather than a sure thing.

16. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Fly

Let hope some experts are considered more expert than others and no maybe's are left out there. Love the avatar by the way!

17. Tricia

Yes

Fly you are right it will be a battle of the experts but in a civil case the burden of proof is much less than in a criminal. So if NYL has convincing experts, more convincing than Wood's then it will be a slam dunk because Patsy herself said the killer wrote the note. Let's not forget the people sitting on the jury will see for themselves the comparison of the letters. A lot of that is pretty compelling to the naked untrained eye.

Criminal trial. That would be a tough one. No doubt about it. However if Wolfe is sucessful in his civil trial then maybe a criminal trial would be put back on the front burner again.

Tricia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice