That unidentified DNA

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Alex, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Alex

Alex Member

There was unidentified DNA found on JonBenet. It was so minute that it was supposed to be worthless, but if that is true why did they swab all of the men and women, and children that JonBenet knew?
    And someone sent in something to the BPD containing DNA to be tested as well? If the DNA is so degraded or contaminated that it is worthless why are they still checking DNA samples?

The only thing they can say for sure is that it came from a male? Now if the Ramsey men were ruled out (JR, JAR, and Burke) why were they not excluded as suspects? Only JAR was ever looked at as a possible suspect and cleared. Burke was never considered a suspect so therefor has never actually been cleared, but JR who shares many of the same DNA markers as his offspring was not cleared. Does this make sense? If it is male DNA why hasn't Patsy been cleared as well?

This is just odd to me. I'm sure you have all discussed this before and I hope you will indulge me in figuring out why the Ramsey's, who were excluded as being sources of the DNA found have not been cleared. Is it possible that the BPD actually did focus on the parents and ignored this evidence? Did they explain it away, or just dismiss it all together?

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Dunno, Alex...

Guess they just know that Patsy did it, according to the body of evidence, esp. that ransom note. Now that she's dying of CA, everyone just wants to drop it.

There will be no justice for JonBenet.

3. Alex

Alex Member

Patsy couldn't be ruled out as the ransom note writer, but she couldn't be proved to be the writer either.
    The rest of the evidence in this case, barring exception of the unidentified DNA was all items that belonged to the Ramsey's and would normally be in the house right?
    Patsy didn't kill her baby in my opinion. I will never believe she did either, unless she says she did it and why she did it. No, I don't believe for one moment that Patsy killed her most beloved child. JonBenet was an extension of Patsy and Patsy was living vicariously through JonBenet. For everthing that JonBenet won, it was kept in Patsy's closet right? To me that would imply that Patsy saw JonBenet as herself, not as a seperate individual.

4. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Kudos to you, kid....

You are exceptionally well-informed for a wet-behind- the- ears newbie. That's what I call a quick study! One would think you had read all the statements and depositions and arguments of every handwriting expert to study the Ramsey case since 1996. Most impressive.

5. Cookie

Cookie Member

There's More

Welcome Alex,

You are overlooking several handwriting evaluations that clearly point to PR as the writer of that ransom note, most specifically Tom Miller's evaluation. Does anyone have a link to that report?

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

DNA experts

we are not, and there has never been any official word out of Boulder as to how much foreign DNA was there. What was said by a detective on the case, in so many words, was that it was a case of ifs. One of those "ifs" was: IF the DNA came from more than one person, none of the Ramsey males could be excluded. What that tells me is the DNA was so scant and so unreliable that they could not tell if it came from one person or more than one person. One thing that is clear is that the DNA was incomplete - that is, all the markers were not there.

I could never figure out why there was so much made of that DNA. Obviously, the scientists had no problem whatsoever determining JB's DNA from the blood in her underwear. If the alleged perp deposited his own DNA there at the same time JB shed her blood, why wasn't his DNA as fresh and as good as hers? I don't believe that DNA had one thing to do with who murdered her. Doctor Lee stated this was not a DNA case. What better expert does one need?

The so-called male DNA in JB's panties was old and degraded. Were there enough markers there to perhaps rule out certain people? Apparently, there were, but it takes only one unmatching marker to eliminate someone. It takes a complete strand to implicate someone. And, therein lies your answer.

That DNA was there before the night JB was murdered. I'll bet my left leg on it.

7. AK

AK Member

DNA

I'll happily wait for the experts to present the DNA evidence in the criminal trial.

I don't ascribe any relevance to the moronic mameisms that tried to suggest the DNA was one thing or another. Henry Lee is a better source.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice