"SHOES" and Ramsey Mockery

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

In the Epilogue of the Ramseys' book, DOI, these words can be found:

<b>We hope to start an organization called SHOES as an outreach of the JonBenet Ramsaey Children's Foundation, which will advocate legislation, offer resources and rewards, and establish computer databases -- all focused as effective tools to both prevent violent crimes against children and to assist in the capture of child murderers.

We will use computerized tools to track pedophiles and sex offenders and also use experienced, retired detectives and top experts as resources to aid, and in some cases challenge, local police departments. We will put funds in place to offer significant rewards for information, when appropriate, to apprehend child killers.

SHOES will advocate legislation to elevate the murder of a child under the age of thirteen to a federal offense....</b>

Snip, snip, snip, blah, blah

DOI was published in 2000. JonBenet Ramsey died in December of 1996. The Ramseys have done absolutely nothing to reach out to anyone who has lost a child. There has been no sightings of an organization called SHOES, and the JonBenet Foundation has been a total sham.

A promise by grieving parents to get involved in helping to pass legislation to help other children, provide funding and be an advocate in the name of a cherished child who has been lost to a pedophile/killer is a sacred oath and not one to be given, or taken, lightly. The Ramseys made a mockery of their daughter's murder by making promises they never intended to fulfill and they made a mockery of child abductions and murders in general by failing to live up to their promises.

We on Forums for Justice have seen the other side, and the truth is, the force of this good man is only beginning to be felt nationwide. Engulfed in a pain that never ends, Robert Cooke has quietly gone about becoming one of the most effective fighters and advocates for the welfare of children of all ages to emerge this past year. He is a force to be reckoned with, one I've watched grow out of a need to do something to stop the madness that is occurring with our children.

Robert Cooke and his wife and family have a heartache that none of us ever want to experience - his daughter Rachel disappeared early this year a short distance from their home while jogging. Numerous searches have turned up no sign of Rachel anywhere, and the Cookes live with this nightmare every day.

There is no comparing the Ramseys with the Cookes. With quiet grace, Robert has not only continued to search for his own daughter but has been involved in helping to find other children who come up missing.

I have taken the liberty of copying a letter that was sent to RC by Charles W Clickman of Child Watch of North America in Texas. Take note, Ramseys, this is what real dedication is all about - not some empty promises in a book. This is the meaning of self sacrifice. And, this is just another reason you are so utterly disrespected.

Robert Cooke, you have my everlasting respect and admiration.

Nikki is coming home!
    Dear Mr. Cooke.

Nikki was rescued this afternoon in Los Angeles, CA. Nikki's Dad is on his way out to LA, right now to get her. I personally wanted to thank you for the helping get the media involved. It was such an important element in making a connection with the Los Angeles area and it helped construct a cooperative atmosphere in the search for Nikki.

I have the deepest admiration for those that help children who are missing and exploited but even with your own circumstances involving a missing daughter you still reached out to help the Brown family. May God bless you and your entire family!

If we can assist you with anything regarding Rachel's case please don't hesitate to ask.

Working Together to Help Keep Our Children Safe
    Best Regards,

Charles W Clickman
    Regional Director - TX
    Child Watch of North America
    cclcikman@childwatch.org
    281-681-9506

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

WY

I don't think anyone could stated the facts nor compared the behavior of these two families any better.

Thank you!

Bravo Robert Cooke and Bravo Watching You for calling attention to this issue.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2002
  3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Rachel Alert Network (RAN)

If your child was missing, who would you rather have on your side - Robert Cooke or John and Patsy Ramsey? Watching You's post really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

For those unaware, Robert Cooke has started the Rachel Alert Network or RAN - an organization to help prevent abductions through awareness education and to provide information to friends and families of abducted persons

http://www.rachelalert.org

You can also learn about Robert's search for his daughter and read his daily journal at the following site address:

www.rachelcookesearch.org

4. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

The Cooke family...

...have endured a dark and horrific time with extraordinary grace and compassion.

Robert and Janet Cooke exemplify the moral high-ground in their tireless search for their daughter, Rachel Cooke, and in their compassion and service to other families facing the trauma of losing a loved one to violent crime.

Somehow the Cookes remain the salt of the earth even as they rise to help others. They have met their darkest times and have trancended to help others and lead the way.

And they never, ever, ever forget their cause is about the victims, and to them, that cause is personified in their daughter, Rachel Cooke.

Robert and Janet remain stedfastly committed to bringing Rachel home.

I have the highest possible regard for Robert and Janet Cooke.

They are a personal inspiration.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2002
  5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

I stand in awe...

of Robert and Janet Cooke, and am humbled to be in their presence, if only cyberly. Those of you who have met and worked with this marvelous, selfless couple are indeed fortunate.

6. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

I'm just trying to help out

I appreciate the kind words, but I was just trying to help another family out. I contacted our local television station KVUE and they got their sister station in LA involved.

The police, both in Texas and California, also worked hard to find Nikki.

I'm just glad that she is going to be reunited with her family. Hopefully the family can work out their problems.

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Why is John Ramsey so interested in pedophiles when his daughter was kidnapped by a foriegn faction who wanted money? Could this guy be a little bit more full of chit?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice