Why did Lin Wood threaten another lawsuit?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

threaten another lawsuit against the media who reported on the newest leaks involving the handprint, footprint, and hair and the allegations that they belonged to Ramsey family members? A certain skank at another forum states that this is BORG crap and she hopes Wood tells them to prove it or "pay for the lie."

Another statement attributed to Wood, allegedly reported by
    Carol McKinley and FOX was:

<b>" This information is bunk! It's an intentional plan to get the Ramseys to confess. ... The Boulder Police are buying themselves a lawsuit."</b>

This just amazes me. To sue for damages, someone has to be damaged, right? How did any of these leaks damage Burke Ramsey or his parents? Even if they are not true statements of fact, there is still no damage done to the Ramseys, except to dismantle more of the fantasy of an intruder they have been hiding behind for the past nearly six years. At any rate, true or not, there is nothing there that specifically libels the Ramseys. None of those items of evidence is proof anyone in the Ramsey family murdered anyone, and no one has said that it was. Any of the evidence can be explained away by the mere fact that they lived there. So, where's the libel needed for a lawsuit?

And, how dare Lin Wood threaten action against anyone for quoting sources who say certain evidence belongs to the Ramseys instead of an intruder? I don't know if those leaks are true or not, but the BPD hasn't denied them, not that they are compelled to.

Exactly what grounds would Lin Wood have to sue anyone for reporting those leaks? Again, where's the damage to his clients? I'm so sick of his threatening everyone he wants to shut up concerning this case. He has really overstepped his bounds on this one. Whether the leaks are true or not, the only "damage" I can see is people may think Burke owned a pair of Hi Tec shoes and that part of the intruder evidence is discredited, no intruder left the mystery hair on the blanket, and no intruder left the handprint on the door. Damages to the intruder theory only, not any member of the Ramsey family, unless one is looking at the possible end results of the discrediting of (gag) intruder evidence. It's very interesting, and telling, that the Ramseys and their bull dog, Wood, would take these leaks in such a personal way. In any event, the only "damage" would have been of the Ramseys' own making by the lies they told.

Wood just keeps shoving that big foot of his deeper and deeper into his own mouth.

2. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

WY

Great Post ! ! ! !

Who's writing for you?

3. Watching You

Ha!

m__e!

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

WY I think Wood was so caught off guard that he had a reflex reaction.

If you put your hand in a fire you quickly pull it out. Reflex. Someone says something true about the Ramsey's Lin threatens a lawsuit. Reflex.

What else is so strange is who is he going to sue? No one will admit to the leak. The press can protect their souces. So I guess Lin Wood is going to file a lawsuit against an "unnamed source"..

Here's the deal.

How about if the Ramsey's and Wood prove to us that Burke never owned a pair of high tech shoes or boots. Kind of hard to do because how do they prove it? They can't. Therefore it only stands to reason that somewhere there is pretty darn good evidence that Burke did own hi tech's. If he didn't don't you think the police would say, since Burke has been cleared, that this isn't true? I trust McKinnley. She is not about to go flying off the handle without proof herself. She has too much at stake in her profession to report something totally bogus.

It's true. I know because of how freaked out Wood is acting.

Somebody on another thread had a great point. It would be just like the Ramsey's to say Burke did not own a pair of Hi Tech BOOTS when he really did own Hi Tech SHOES...

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Linn Wood is not privy to the evidence the police have against his guilty clients so him saying anything is "bunk" doesn't mean chit to me. Remember when the R's swore up and down that Burke was never up that morning and old beady eyes was whining about lawsuits--but now he agrees Burke was up?

Linn Wood is as phoney as a Chinese red-head and a wind-bag as well. This latest diatribe seems like it's coming from a red-faced spoiled little brat caught in his latest lie. I'm sure he was jumping up and down like a five year old with steam coming out of his ears!

The thing I hate about him most (out of many) is the way he says the Ramseys never owned the hi-tek boots, rather than saying the Ramseys SAY they never owned the hi-Tek boots. How the hell does he know.

Hey--how come WY can say ugly-assed but I can't? IT'S JUST NOT FAIR.

6. Nickii

Nickii Member

Maybe the ones, who leaked this new information wanted also to force Lin Wood to act like he did now!

With this statement and "sueing" the BPD he makes the Ramseys look more guilty and the public laugh! Maybe the "source" knew that he would not keep his mouth shut! He is discrediting hisself more and more too!

7. Watching You

Darling BobC

WY has been known to push the envelope a few times, LOL. Ugly-assed is a quote of words used by the Killer Simpson, although the exact quote may have been ugly-a$$, not ugly-assed. An a$$ is a donkey. It's not as if we were referring to a person as ugly-assed, although I've been known to call some butt-a$$ ugly before.

Don't think Dun isn't wanting to thrash my hide sometimes, haha, I know she is. But, hey, sometimes there just isn't any other way to say it - ugly-assed is a legitimate description of some shoes, but not the Bruno Magli shoes, which were actually quite smart.

Now, if I had called the leader of the little heads ugly-assed, that might be different, but nonetheless quite true. But, I didn't do that, only said "if."

When you get to be elderly like me, you can say ugly-assed, too. Age does have its privileges, you know, and besides, are YOU going to tell me I can't say Ugly-Assed? Heh.

8. BobC

I know guilty-as-hell Simpson said that quote! I quoted that quote before you did but I got it bleeped out! Plus I'm 78 years old so I should have all the priveleges I so richly deserve.

9. AK

AK Member

Puddinhead Woodenhead

It's to the Ramseys' advantage to dole out just what information Wood needs and no more. He's probably sitting with them now poking through the Boulder/NYPost discovery and asking, "and what is this? What does this mean? Who is this person?"

Yesterday I made a comment about yet another one of Wood's cases and someone I knew who was involved in it. I deleted my post -- not because I said anything libelous, indecent or wrong, I didn't. But I don't want the forum to be bothered if Linsey Ramsey has too much time on his hands. The story is true though, haha. And for the record, I have never met Wood but I have been in his office building. Now that should give him something to think aboutl

Tricia, don't bet much on McKinley's scoop until you see some corroboration. Have you see that hair story reported anywhere else, including FOX? She has a habit of saying things that disappear once they leave her lips, and sometimes they're less than accurate.

10. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

leaks

could any of this new info be coming out because of the NYPost discovery? I guess they would be in hot water for leaking anything from the investigation even if their lawyers now have access to it.

11. BobC

Maybe, Texan. It could be.

Since we are discussing Linn Wood's character flaws--I find it amazing that this jerk wants to discuss the BPD's evidence in every media outlet known to man as long as that evidence is "unidentified"--But when the unidentified becomes not so unidentified he jumps up and down like an idiot and wants the evidence he brought up in the first place suppressed and threatens lawsuits!

Can't have it both ways!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice