American Girl doll

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Thor, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Thor

Thor Active Member

The poster named as Pinker brought something up at Purgatory and now has mysteriously deleted her posts and exited. It sounds very strange and people are thinking that she may have info regarding the case and it possibly involves JonBenet's American Girl doll. Not the My Twinn doll, this is a different one.

Pinker hinted that what if an article that CAP took out of the hellhole (on Patsy's request) related to the murder that could possibly have had duct tape and fiber evidence.

She went on to hint that what if a replacement of this item without incriminating fibers & duct tape residue was delivered to Access Graphics about two weeks after the crime. (a brand new duplicate doll) It sounds almost like she knows this for a fact. She asked for posters over there to guess what this could be. After people guessed a doll, she mysteriously exited after saying she could possibly lose her job after mentioning this. Don't know who she is or if this is all bs but folks are speculating about the doll's head coming off and maybe cloths or rags relating to the crime being put in there and retrieved by CAP or something like that. It sounds kinda interesting.

2. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

My daughter had two of the American Girl dolls, including Kirsten, the same one that JonBenet received on her sixth birthday.

The dolls are not very big. Their heads, arms and legs are made from a molded plastic type material, but the body/torso is a soft stuffed fabric.

I just tried to see if the doll's head would pop off and it doesn't. (I suppose I could've forced the head off, but didn't want to destroy the expensive doll in the process! I'll only go so far for research!)

But, as far as I can see, even if I were to somehow decapitate the doll, there would be no cavity to stuff things in.

Even if we were to get really nutty and say that the Ramseys somehow managed to behead the doll (ick) and take out all stuffing from the torso, there still isn't a whole lot of area in these slender dolls to use for hiding things. Measuring from the neck to the crotch, you get about 6 1/2 to 7 inches. Across the chest area is four inches. In other words, a roll of duct tape would hardly fit inside, even with the cavity completely emptied.

So, I don't know what to say about the cryptic info you received, except that an American Girl doll would not be able to act as a hidden storage area for anything.

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

Thanks for that info, Pearlsim. Since I have no clue what these dolls are all about...

This poster seemed to hint that some kind of forensic evidence might have been on the original doll that Pam retrieved. Hinting at duct tape residue. Wonder if someone was doing something kinky with the doll. Anyhow, she was relating that this doll was possibly involved in the crime. Apparently a gal named "Pleasant" works at American Doll, or is a bigwig there, and they are in Michigan. Word is also that Patsy used to be a friend to this person, insinuating that it was possible Patsy got a replacement doll from her, evidence-free. I think that was the main point of the post. Sounded very cryptic and then Pinker deleted all related posts to said doll and vanished.

4. Pearlsim

re Pleasant

Boy, Thor, you're making me work hard today!!

I just went into my daughter's memory box to find an article from the LA Times, dated November 28, 1994. The article talks all about the American Girl dolls so we thought it would be good to save for our daughter, along with the hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of dolls and accessories purchased over her childhood years.

The company that makes the dolls is called Pleasant Company, after their founder, Pleasant T. Rowland. They are located in Middleton, Wisconsin.

So, it may well be that Patsy was friends with this Pleasant.

As for the evidence, you could be right that maybe the doll's soft torso was wrapped with duct tape...or whatever...

Very strange...all this info.

Just a sidenote...Linda McLean's book has a picture of JonBenet receiving Kirsten on her 6th birthday - one of my very favorite pictures of her. Why? Because she looks 'normal", dressed in little jean shorts, with a summer t-shirt on and her hair in the style of every other little girl's summer locks...pulled back in a loose pony tail. Even more significant...she has this look of true, sheer happiness at receiving her doll. (Very much in contrast to the reported reaction upon opening her eerie My Twinn Fakey Pageant Person Doll.)

5. Vic

Vic Active Member

hey, Thor

Guess who just turned up as a new member at the swamp? Pinky. Could it be the same?

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Keep digging, Pearlsim. Maybe we'll find something. Very interesting. I have that book by Linda and will need to dig it out again. JonBenet was a living doll when just a normal kid, IMO.

Vic, I do know that there is a "Pinky" who is not "Pinker" at Websleuths (Maxi's). I seem to remember a Pinker posting at Cybersleuths. Maybe BobC knows more about Pinker. I don't, I belong to that site at Cybersleuths, but don't know much about some of the posters there. Some people seriously thought that Pinker was this Pleasant person but I have no clue.

7. imon128

imon128 Banned

Pinker

Well, darn it! I wanted to read those posts from Pinker. Oh well..

Perhaps Pinker works/ed for Access Graphics?

About that other doll...the My Twinn? I wonder if JB peeked at that doll ahead of time and maybe something bad happened with IT. Except for the Kirsten doll, do we know if she played a lot with dollies? I think her reaction to the My Twinn was kind of strange.

Back to the American Girl doll......maybe whoever molested her incorporated the dolly/s somehow.

Patsy seemed gung ho to get the dollies in HER clutches. She seemed all weirded out to get out of the house on 15th St. but she didn't seem to have aversion to the crap in there. You'd think, in sync with her aversion to the house, she'd have the some weirdy feelings about seeing that My Twinn doll that she had a vision of JB dead whilst preparing said dolly for a Santa gift. Maybe that's what Patsy was best suited to be mommy to...a lifesize dormant doll that she could put away when she was done playing. Shame on you, imon, get your talons in.

8. Thor

Thor Active Member

LOL Imon! You never know.

The other stuff being kicked around over at Purgatory is that pesky Santa bear that came in the picture. Someone suggested that a bear like that might have been used in a case where a child told about sexual abuse. Someone had heard that cops or other people investigating such things might use the bears in dealing with kids in such cases. Maybe that is why Patsy turned white when she saw that bear. I don't know, just throwing things out there. I was spooked when I heard about Patsy's reaction to that bear. Maybe there was never anything to it.

9. imon128

imon128 Banned

My Twinn

In DOLie, pagge 32, John says Patsy PARTICULARLY (yes, that's the word) wanted the My Twinn doll, when Aunt Spam made her trip to retrieve the THINGS Patsy had no aversion to.....just the house, all the memories of JB playing, where she slept, etc. And unlike Brenda Van Dam, who goes into HER murdered child's room and even tries to smell Danielle, Patsy never wanted to go back to the Hell Hole again. I think it was MORE than JB's death that made it a Hell Hole for her. I just can't get over how QUICKLY she and John made that decision. Yet they were too distraught to talk to cops. Ummm hmmm. Sure.

It seems to me like Patsy talked about that Kirsten doll, but maybe it was Linda McLean. I'll look.

10. imon128

imon128 Banned

Found something

In Linda McLean's book, page 101, she talks about an American Girl doll named Samantha that JB got for her 6th birthday. Story continues on page 102. Kind of sad.

Edited to add Linda said she hadn't even shown the picture to Patsy...the one of JB hugging the doll. Suppose she turned a whiter shade of pale at THAT one?

11. imon128

imon128 Banned

Pearlism

Sorry...here I am flapping my jaws and see you've already got LMC'c book reference. However, my book calls the doll Samantha. I should have read a little deeper...again, sorry!

Edited to say perhaps pinker was at her job and wasn't supposed to be posting for personal reasons? Could be any job in that instance. I'm sure somebody will clarify this.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2002
  12. imon128

imon128 Banned

Doll's name

Well, I checked again and Linda calls the doll Samantha, not Kirsten. I'm confused now.

Anyhow, if that was JB's favorite doll, why didn't Patsy bury it with her? Or ANY of her favorite dolls? Too expensive? Patsy didn't think of her as a little girl? What?

Sister Socks was in there, but that was thanks to Priscilla White.

13. Pearlsim

my first mistake ever

Remember I said my daughter had two of the dolls?..she owned Kirsten and Samantha. Kirsten was the first one she received and we purchased it because the doll, like our little girl, was blonde and blue eyed.

I didn't go back to reference the pic of JonBenet when I was typing stuff this morning. And somehow, I got it confused in my head that JonBenet also got blonde, blue-eyed Kirsten.

The minute I read your posts this afternoon, I remembered that it was Samantha she received...with long dark hair and brown eyes. (And it came to me that I was surprised when I read the McLean book and realized Patsy bought the dark-headed doll. I wondered if it was the one JonBenet had requested or if Patsy just liked that Samantha is the one who's growing up rich and pampered..as opposed to prairie girl poor Kirsten!)

(For those of you who don't know...each doll is from a different period of American History. Felicity from the Revolutionary War period, Addie from the Civil War, Kirsten from Little House on the Prairie era, Samantha from turn of the Century, and Molly from the 40's. They all come with tons of accessories, like furniture and clothes, that match their historical time period. Kirsten's furniture and clothes are rustic and simple...Samantha's ornate and beautiful.)

Anyway, sorry for the mistake. Dug out the book and looked at the picture of what is indeed a Samantha doll.

14. Pearlsim

imon

the dolls aren't cheap. They run around $85 - or at least they did about seven to ten years ago when we were buying them for our daughter.
    I wouldn't think that pricetag would've been a big deal to the fabulously wealthy Ramseys so who knows why they chose not to bury her doll with her.
    (Realistically - if my daughter, God forbid, had died as a child, I'm not sure I would've buried hers with her. I might have considered it a precious momento to keep.)

15. imon128

imon128 Banned

Swirling in my head

Weeeell, Patsy stuck a tiara on her head and didn't seem to mind. I kinda think Patsy wanted to keep the doll, alright, but sometimes I've seen people DISPLAY a child's/adults favorite things in the casket, then the funeral home takes them out prior to closing for good.

Anyhow, Linda McLean says she and JonBenet cried when Linda (yes, Linda) read the book that came with the doll. It was the part when the little girl, Samantha, gave up her favorite doll for a sick child.

Am I seeing some kind of message regarding Patsy not giving it up to JB? Oh, well, I've delved into this too long, I suppose. Thanks SO much all for the info, especially you, Pearlism.

16. Thor

Thor Active Member

Thanks for that info, Imon. I've got Linda's book and I'll have to dig it out again.

That whole thing with Pinker was very odd. She popped in with this guessing game thing and when people guessed the doll, boom, she was gone, along with her posts. Wish she would elaborate a little more.

17. imon128

imon128 Banned

Thor

If she was at work, and her boss came up, she might have had to run. I dunno. What I think is weird is that she'd delete her posts. Good golly. Maybe she'll pop in here and 'splain???

18. imon128

imon128 Banned

Pearlsim

Pearlsim, or anybody, really, does Samantha have a last name? I went to the American Girl site and saw lots of books connected to her and I think a book with her "story" was there, too. Does she have a last name? Thanks

19. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Good Lord!

I can't believe what those ditzy dames at Purgatory have done to Pinker! Especially that Code Six wingnut Amanda, from the old jameson forum. (Now going by "Sly Slithers".)

Pinker offered a few speculations about the possible involvement of a doll as a piece to the puzzle of the JonBenet murder. Suddenly the cats pounced on poor Pinker, accusing her of having some guilty knowledge about the Ramsey case. What a bunch of buffoons.

PINKY is not Pinker, but another faithful jameson poster who left when the Swamp went to pay-only.

Pinker is a quiet, thoughtful, intelligent and sincere poster whose lifelong hobby happens to be DOLL-COLLECTING. It is no surprise that she would try to use her expertise in this area to offer up a new and interesting theory.

Pinker is gone because she HATES being in the spotlight, and being the center of discussion. How ironic that such a lovely person would now have so much attention called to her by those dizzy broads at Purgatory.

Pinker, if you read here, please know that you have my sympathies. Please consider joining FFJ. We need bright and innovative thinkers like you here.

20. imon128

imon128 Banned

Lurker

Thank YOU for the explanation. I've always wondered about the My Twinn doll, not really thinking about the American girl doll.

I DID find a last name for Samantha when I explored the American Girl Doll site.

I join you in asking Pinker to join us.

Pinky just recently rejoined Jameson's. I haven't seen any of her posts, but I don't read there all that often. I saw her name on the new member thingy.

Thanks again, Lurker, and come on Pinker, there's some very intelligent and kind posters here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice