"Even if we are guilty"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ayeka, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

What an odd thing for an innocent parent to say about the murder of their baby girl. Found this at crimemagazine.com:

(Emphasis mine.) Thoughts, anyone?

Ayeka

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Ayeka I always thought this to be one of the strangest things the Ramseys' have said and there are so many to choose from.

As parents of a murdered child they should be so enraged that Gov. Owens made such a statement IF they truly are innocent. Which they are not.

Instead of screaming, "How dare you. We did not kill JonBenet you bastard. Now find the person who did this before they kill again", the Ramsey's come up with their lame asss, guilt ridden. "even if we were guilty" comment.

Patsy made this feeble attempt to show outrage at the Gov. of Colorado in front of a journalism class.

Holy Hell if the Gov. of my state said I had killed my child I would hold the biggest press conference on the planet to trash him. So would any innocent parent.

But if the Ramsey's made too big of a deal out of what Gov. Owens said then they would have to answer the tough questions like:

*Why did you wait four months before meeting with the police to answer questions about JonBenet's murder

*Why did you let Burke go out of the house the morning of the murder when a "small foreign faction" had just killed your daughter.

*Why didn't you exhume your daughters body to prove your stun gun theory when you had the chance....

I could go on for about 40 more single spaced typed pages but I won't.

I think you get the picture.

Thanks Ayeka. Great thread.

Tricia

3. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

The operative word

here is "are".... Wouldn't you say, "Even if we WERE guilty"......??

"Even if we ARE guilty sounds like a confession!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2002
  4. Tez

Tez Member

Yep...

Strange choice of words to come out of Patsy's mouth. I agree Tricia, I would have called a news conference and trashed the governor too, if I was innocent. Nandee, that does sound like a confession to me also. I wouldn't have used those words at all. But, hey, I am not Patsy. (Wouldn't want to be either!)

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

What's so strange about it? Sounds like the perfect choice of words to me...

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I mean true, Patsy should have worded it "so what if we are guilty..." but who's to point the finger? We all have our little grammar slip-ups...

7. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Nandee

You took the words right out of my mouth. The fact that Patsy used the 'present' tense is the most incriminating aspect of her statement.

Like Thomas says, she's still good for it and probably always will be, but she'll never spend any time behind bars, of that I am certain, except of course, as a prisoner of her own guilty knowledge.

Regards,
    Mandarin

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

9. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

thanks for the transcript...
    oh geez,whenever I read one of their interviews I feel like I'll have a liver failure....

GMAFB:wtf:
    not only is this manipulation but it's so stoopid,and I can't imagine how so many really buy this BS!

10. otg

otg Member

11. otg

otg Member

I decided this morning to read through this while I had a little free time. I didn’t get too far before I nearly spewed coffee all over my keyboard when I came across this passage (emphasis by me):

JOHN RAMSEY: The police as a gov-, …you know, the justice system is a government organization. And hence, should be looked at with some degree of skepticism, and, uh…and, uh…suspicion.

I always thought that Patsy penned the RN, with input from John. But that phrase is just so uncommon (especially in speech as opposed to written)... Just more confirmation in my mind of the authorship of the RN.

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Moab. I have the tape of this, and it's M A D D E N I N G to hear the Ramseys talking points yet again--as ever, so full of themselves, so full of feces, so smug and snide and self-righteous.

But NOT ONCE do they ever shed a tear for the suffering of JonBenet. NOT ONCE do they convey any fear of any intruder with any sincerity. NOT ONCE do they show a tiny fraction of anger or hatred of the person who killed their child as they do for Steve Thomas when again attacking him.

More contradictions and lies uncovered. For example: the Ramseys mention Smit working FOR THEM, which Smit denied many times; they mention that the Grand Jury did NOT indict them--another lie about which we now have the truth.

They really believe they have everyone fooled. But there they are, saying things like this:

Now where oh where have we heard similar, even exact, language like this before? Let me think, let me think....

John stutters and hems and haws trying to sound like he has something important to say, but he is only rambling around. That's all both Ramseys do: go from blaming the chief to the media to the detective to the gov't. All they have are their talking points and a lot of time to fill. But JR wants to make CLEAR that THIS KIND OF CRIME IS HARD TO SOLVE, TAKES A LONG TIME. In case anyone is wondering why they haven't FOUND that old intruder in FIVE YEARS and, oh my, NEVER DO. :rst:

Good thing those journalism students, professors, and journalists present learned the important lesson that the Justice System is the GOV'T. Who knew? Naturally the lesson there, according to JR, is "And hence" BE SUSPICIOUS...of THEM, not US! (Parents who obstructed the investigation into their child's murder. And wrote the ransom note to cover it up.)

Questions to the Ramseys were vetted beforehand, obviously. No one asked about the murder itself. Mostly they got a lecture about how important it is to be nice to public figures who should be able to put forth their own agenda but not have a free press analyse or question their :(:(:(:(-and-bull story. Because that's just not FAIR! :rolleyes:

And the Ramseys certainly had no interest in that old intruder, that's obvious as could be. The title of this thread says it all, quoting Patsy herself, a highly educated person with a journalism degree, who worked in professional advertising writing copy, whose strength and training was the ENGLISH LANGUAGE: "EVEN IF WE ARE GUILTY...."

Not the SUBJUNCTIVE MOOD: "The subjunctive is the mood of a verb expressing wishes, stipulating demands, or making statements contrary to fact": as in "Even IF we WERE guilty...."

Patsy in fact uses the present tense: "Even if we ARE guilty...." That Patsy; she could not stop confessing. [And this isn't even the first time the Ramseys said such a thing. Look up their interview with the Christian Broadcast Channel.]

I could go on...but you can read it for yourself.

Then go bang your head on a wall. :banghead:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  13. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Ha ha, no Patsy couldn't! Great catch, KK!

The subjunctive tense is what an innocent person would use in suggesting a possible scenario. Patsy's use of the present tense is DAMNING!

And hence ... and hence ... and hence ... and hence ...

The Ramseys couldn't stop revealing the subconscious truth behind their conscious lies.

14. cynic

cynic Member

This is somewhat reminiscent of the question posed by John Ramsey during the Scott Ross interview (while laughing,) “Let me ask you this? What if we were murderers? Would we be denied access to a church? I hope notâ€
    See @ 0:43​

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yaK2RstdQQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. cynic

cynic Member

Off topic, but this story is generating headlines these days…
    I noticed an interesting similarity between a statement made by the mother of dead toddler Cooper Harris, and a statement by Patsy Ramsey about JonBenet.

The story is as follows:
    Police say Harris, 33, left his 22-month-old toddler, Cooper, strapped into a car seat under a baking sun for seven hours while he went to work June 18. Records show that the mercury topped 92 that day, and police say the temperature was 88 degrees when the boy was pronounced dead in a parking lot not far from his father's workplace.
    [SNIP]
    At the hearing, Cobb County Chief Magistrate Frank Cox found probable cause for the case against Harris to move forward with respect to murder and child cruelty charges.
    [SNIP]
    The judge denied bail for Harris, who has pleaded not guilty.
    In addition to the charges he faces in connection with his son's death, Harris may also be charged with felony sexual exploitation of a minor and misdemeanor illegal contact with a minor, Stoddard said.
    [SNIP]
    Among the other details police have released is that Harris and his wife, Leanna Harris, told them they looked up how hot a car needed to be to kill a child.
    Five days before Cooper died, Ross Harris twice viewed a sort of homemade public service announcement in which a veterinarian demonstrates on video the dangers of leaving someone or something inside a hot car.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/03/justice/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death/

At the funeral, Leanna Harris said that, “she was "happy" that Cooper would miss some of life's letdowns, including his first heartbreak, his parents' and grandparents' deaths and who to sit with at lunch at middle school.â€
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/justice/leanna-harris-5-questions/index.html

Patsy Ramsey during the Jan. 1, 1997, CNN interview said, “She'll never have to know the loss of a child. She will never have to know cancer or death of a child.â€

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice