Judge will consider request to release part of Ramsey file

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

http://www1.dailycamera.com/bdc/city_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2422_1414188,00.html

Judge will consider request to release part of Ramsey file
    JFleet White Jr. and his wife, Priscilla, ask for file they say involves them

By Pam Regensberg, Camera Staff Writer
    September 13, 2002

A Boulder district judge said Thursday that she will consider a request to release a file related to the nearly 6-year-old murder investigation of JonBenet Ramsey.

District Judge Lael Montgomery told Fleet White Jr. and his wife, Priscilla, former friends of John and Patsy Ramsey, that she will issue a written ruling on their request. She did not say when that would be.

Earlier this year, the Whites filed court documents seeking the release of criminal justice records involving a California woman who told Boulder police she thought JonBenet was killed as part of a child sex abuse ring.

The Boulder couple claimed that the California woman falsely accused them of being involved in that ring.

The woman's theory about JonBenet's death appeared in a Daily Camera article in February 2000, resulting in a criminal libel investigation in which no one at the newspaper was charged.

"This has been swept under the big rug, and this is our attempt to pull it out and see what it is," Fleet White, acting as his own attorney, told the judge on Thursday.

White said he wants to revisit what he called the "ethical and potentially illegal conduct" by those involved in the publication of that article.

Police Chief Mark Beckner, saying the disclosure of that file could compromise the murder investigation, has repeatedly refused the Whites' request to access the 40-page file.

"This is just a small piece of our ongoing investigation," Beckner testified at the hearing.

District Attorney Mary Keenan has released some information concerning the case to the Whites.

Fleet White was with John Ramsey on Dec. 26, 1996, when Ramsey found his daughter's beaten and strangled body in the basement of the Ramseys' 15th Street home. The girl was asphyxiated with a garrote and had been hit on the head with a blunt object. No arrests have been made in connection with the homicide.

Contact Pam Regensberg at (303) 473-1329 or regensbergp@thedailycamera.com.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Maybe someone

will get her cute little a$$ (barf) sued after all. I never could understand why someone who had anything to hide would work so hard to bring it all out in the open like FW has. I mostly never understood why certain people couldn't see the contradiction in that very fact.

I guess that's why they call her maim.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I LOVE it

and you know I do.

"This has been swept under the big rug, and this is our attempt to pull it out and see what it is," Fleet White, acting as his own attorney, told the judge on Thursday."

Hmmmm, doesn't sound like the words and actions of a guilty man, now does it? No. That would be John Ramsey.

This is part of a continued effort to bring the truth out in the open.

Someone tried to set Fleet White up for the murder of JonBenet Patricia Ramsey.

Who would do a thing like that?

RR

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice