Arndt to bring bid for suit's revival

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JR, Sep 18, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Ex-detective scheduled to present case to appellate court next week

By Matt Sebastian, Camera Staff Writer
    September 18, 2002

DENVER — Former detective Linda Arndt will renew her bid next week to make the city of Boulder pay for refusing to let her defend her professional reputation during the JonBenet Ramsey investigation.

The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will hear oral arguments Tuesday in Arndt's quest to revive her 1998 lawsuit that alleges a police department gag order violated her First Amendment rights.

Arndt, blamed in some media accounts for bungling the Ramsey case, contends in her lawsuit that former Police Chief Tom Koby and current Chief Mark Beckner refused to let her clear her name.

"Linda is very serious about seeing this appeal through, particularly because of the important First Amendment issues in the case," A. Bruce Jones, Arndt's attorney, said Tuesday.

Attorneys representing Boulder and its police force declined to comment. Spokeswoman Jennifer Bray said city officials "were pleased with how the judge ruled last summer and are confident that there's no case here."

Arndt's appeal to the 10th circuit — one step removed from the U.S. Supreme Court — is the first of two Ramsey-related First Amendment lawsuits on the appellate court's docket this fall.
    ***snip

http://www2.dailycamera.com/bdc/city_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2422_1423885,00.html

2. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

Help me out here...what's the other First Amendment lawsuit?

3. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

my guess

...would be the NY Post.

Ayeka

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Yeah but........

What has this got to do with Steve?!

Jeesh, back in line to wait for Steve news like a good groupie should.

It beats flying solo.........
    RR

5. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

LINDA

Linda Arndt Lawsuit??? Does this come as a surprise to anyone.

I'm not quite sure if I'm on her side, simply because in strange ways, she made me a little unsure of her ability and sincerity, once I saw her on a number of TV shows. She really doesn't play well on the camera, in the way that the Rams and Steve Thomas do. Strangely, she reminds me of that freaky Dan Glick (name, spelling?)

I'm not sure if I trust her, especially when I heard that she was, more or less, kissing up to Patsy and sending flowers????

Oh well, the litigious parade goes on!

Regards,
    Mandarin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice