The John Walsh Show

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Oct 7, 2002.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

NBC called me today. THE JOHN WALSH SHOW is taping a program on missing adults this Thursday. They invited Janet, my daughter JoAnn, and me to be on the show.

We are flying to New York City this Wednesday and will fly back to Austin after the taping of the show on Thursday. The program should air in a week or two. I will post the exact date here later.

2. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

John Walsh Show

Robert I'm so elated at your invitatio to John's show. With everyone who had been emailing his shows producers and then him actually meeting you and Janet did finally make its mark in his heart. I'm so thankful he had the chance to see the urgency of this story and the ugency of Missing adults too.
    Good luck on the show. I know you & Janet are a voice of one for so many.. GOd bless you for your endurance and strenghth

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

This is the greatest news

RC. This is one show I won't miss. I'm thrilled the news is finally getting out - you and your elves have worked your butts off for this. Congratulations!

4. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Update

Te taping of the show went well. I just checked www.johnwalsh.tv and they did not have it listed for this week. They will probably air the program next week, Oct 21-25.

5. LARAS4

LARAS4 Member

To RC

Hey RC,I am now on the forum,thanks! I did not know about Rachel and went to the web site last Friday.I forwarded the page to the people I know in the army.I am praying for her and will be tuning in to the John Walsh show.My daughter(CJ major at MSU) is also telling her classmates about it. My son,16 has started jogging in the mornings early and I warned him,after I read about Rachel being so close to home.It was not something that I had thought about so close to home.My daughter had an attempted Kidnapping on an army base when she was 12-it was 4 male civilians.I pray that the show will get your baby girl home.(((HUGS)))Laurie*(Laras)

6. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

7. LARAS4

LARAS4 Member

Thanks RC

I like that site.My son is easier to convince.It is my daughter that thinks she is invincable.I think that interning with the LPD this summer was good for her because it did show her how swiftly things can get "ugly".

8. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Pictures

John, Janet, JoAnn, and Robert

9. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Filling out paperwork

Our dressing room

10. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The Show is Scheduled

THE JOHN WALSH SHOW will broadcast the missing adults program this Friday, October 25. The description of the program starts with "While missing children cases have gotten an enormous amount of media attention the past few months, we shouldn’t forget about the 200,000 women and men over the age of 18 who disappear each year."

THE JOHN WALSH SHOW is show at 11:00 a.m. in Austin on KXAN.
    Other cities stations and times are listed at:
    http://www.johnwalsh.tv/html/map_tickets/watch.html

11. Shyshi5

Shyshi5 Member

John Walsh Show

RC...
    I'll be sure to watch. I'll pass this on to Al and the rest of his fans and my friends and family from coast to coast, too. Thanks for the update. Great pictures too.

12. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

13. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Excellent Program

THE JOHN WALSH SHOW on missing adults was excellent. They did a good job showing how missing adults are usually ignored. I was very happy to see them use most of the pictures and videos that I mailed them of Rachel.

14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I missed it?

It already played? I missed it? I haven't had time to smit lately, but I had intended on catching that show. How did I miss it? Dambit.

15. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

John Walsh, Janet, JoAnn and RC

Copyright ©2002 JoAnn Cooke

16. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

John Walsh and JoAnn Cooke

Copyright ©2002 JoAnn Cooke

17. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

18. AK

AK Member

I saw it!!!

You were fab, RC. And so were your gals. How nicely you all worked off each other's comments. You know how to do a soundbite just right ;-)

While your heartbreak was apparent, you were well-spoken and informative. Big hooray for you all, and for Rachel for having such a caring group of people in her corner.

This was my first chance to see video of Rachel. What a treasure.

Wishing you all the best!

19. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Thanks

We tried to represent Rachel and the rest of the missing adults the best we could.

I have prepared a videotape containing the INSIDE EDITION, UNSOLVED MYSTERIES, and THE JOHN WALSH SHOW segments on Rachel. If you folks want to set up some type of mailing chain to watch the video and then mail it to the next person on the list, I will start the process.

This does mean you have to trust 2 people with your name and address though, the person sending it to you and the person you send it to when you are done.

20. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

That's a great idea

I'd love to be on that list!

Ayeka

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice