Default Nicolas Zavala - Endangered Missing

No known web site.

Default State detectives take over search for boy

OXFORD

State police detectives are taking over the search for a 12-year old boy who has not been seen since his grandmother said she dropped him off for a camping trip in early August.
    ***snip

The boy's grandmother told police that she dropped him off Aug. 4 at the library in Oxford, about 20 miles west of Lafayette, for a camping trip with two friends and their uncle. Investigators have not been able to identify those friends.

http://www.courier-journal.com/local...202s293119.htm

Default Grandmother Questioned In Indiana Boy's Disappearance

Investigators Fear Foul Play

Posted: 8:11 p.m. EST October 2, 2002
    Updated: 11:25 a.m. EST October 3, 2002

OXFORD, Ind.-- Police say they fear an Oxford boy who has been missing since August may have been the victim of foul play.
    ***snip

"(The grandmother said she) let him go camping with a friend of his, Kevin. We checked with the schools, and there is no such person as Kevin," Winchester said. "That's what we're having trouble with."

The grandmother, Margaret Williams, said she could recognize Kevin if she saw him, but is afraid she may have the wrong name.
    ***snip

After initially refusing to take a polygraph test, Williams now says she will take one -- but only after she gets a lawyer, Fraidin reported. She reported him missing Aug. 13, police said.

"I will take it, I will pass it, and then they can get up off their asses and bring him home here," Williams said.
    ***snip

Williams told Fraiding that she doesn't appreciate the way officials are investigating the case.
    ***snip

Before going to live with his grandmother, Nicolas was in foster care. Police said he was abused in that environment, and that's why they believe he wouldn't run away from his grandmother's home, where he was involved in church and school, Fraidin reported.

"We're looking for new leads, anything that can help us," Winchester said.
    ***snip

http://www.theindychannel.com/ind/ne...02-201020.html

Default Missing Boy: Grandmother Arrested On Neglect Charge

Police Search Home, Garage, Car

Posted: 7:06 a.m. EST October 24, 2002
    Updated: 10:27 a.m. EST October 24, 2002

OXFORD, Ind. -- Police have arrested the grandmother of a missing 12-year-old boy on neglect charges.

Margaret Williams, 57, of Oxford, was being held Thursday in Benton County Jail.
    ***snip

Her arrest came about six hours after state police searched the family's home northwest of Lafayette.
    ***snip

Williams reported her grandson missing Aug. 13 after he did not return from a camping trip for which he had left a week earlier.

Williams has said she didn't know how to locate the family that he went with on the trip, Fraidin reported.

Sheriff's investigators at first suspected he was abducted by his mother, who lives in Virginia, but she has since passed a polygraph test.

But police said they are looking closely at Williams, and that her inconsistent statements and lack of cooperation enabled them to get the search warrant.
    ***snip

Investigators were searching the home for blood, hair or anything suspicious, Fraidin reported.

As part of the search, a cadaver dog was brought in to search the property for the scent of a dead body, Fraidin reported. A blood-splatter expert also used a blue light to search for blood in the
    house, the car and the garage.

Williams and her son Miguel have not taken a lie-detector test, but she told Fraidin she will do so when she hires a lawyer.
    ***snip

The search warrant was sealed, so police were not able to divulge whether anything was found, Fraidin reported.
    ***snip

http://www.theindychannel.com/ind/ne...24-071048.html

Default National Group Joins Search For Missing Boy

12-Year-Old Missing Since August
    Posted: 3:46 p.m. EST October 30, 2002
    Updated: 6:32 p.m. EST October 30, 2002

INDIANAPOLIS-- A national group has lent a hand in the search for a missing Oxford boy.

Nicolas Zavala 12, disappeared in August.
    ***snip

Indiana State Police officials announced Wednesday that the Laura Recovery Center Foundation has joined the effort to find Nicolas.
    ***snip

Anyone with information related to Nicolas' disappearance is asked to call (765) 463-1515 or (800) 382-7537.

http://www.theindychannel.com/ind/ne...30-141001.html

Default Neglect charge dropped after boy's body found

June 7, 2003

FOWLER, Ind.--Prosecutors have dropped neglect charges against the grandmother of an 11-year-old boy whose remains were found this spring in an Illinois farm field.

The felony neglect of a dependent charge was filed last October against Margaret Williams, the temporary guardian of Nicolas Zavala, a ward of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. The boy was last seen Aug. 4.
    ...snip

The neglect charge was based on Williams' telling police Nicolas did not return from the camping trip as scheduled Aug. 11 yet not reporting him missing until Aug. 13.

While Benton County Prosecutor Jud Barce has dismissed the neglect charge, he obtained search warrants last week for hair, blood and saliva samples from Williams and her 19-year-old son.

''Finding the body changed everything. Let's just leave it at that,'' Barce said about the dismissal.
    ...snip

DCFS is still investigating the boy's case.

Nicolas' remains were found April 18 near Stockland, Ill., about 40 miles west of Lafayette.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-kid07.html
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Wink son nicolas zavala jr.

:baby: if you all have any question about my son's case his name is Nicolas Zavala Jr. you all could ask me and i'll let you know what had happened and what is still going on in his case thank you all very much

Lightbulb Welcome to the forum

First of all, I am so sorry that Nicholas was not brought home alive. I know that was difficult for the family.

We were trying to track his case but once a child is found or remains are found it's difficult to get news unless it's a major media case. I have pasted the old thread below so you can update Nicholas's case for us if you would like to do so:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=2247

I would like to know what is happening in Nicholas's case. I know Nicholas's grandmother was arrested. Has the case gone to trial?

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Exclamation nicolas zavala

yes she did get arrested for 5 accounts of neglect and she got 7 1/2 years and she only got to do 3 1/2 of them no she did not get charged with his murder and my brother goes to trial for his neglect charges in sept 13 th 2004 and yes i am going to be there for his trial and i will let you know what happens when i get back from the trial

Unhappy

Nothing will ever bring Nicolas back but I hope who ever harmed him is found and given the harshest sentence. I know that's doesn't bring much comfort to you but Nicolas will not be forgotten by many. Please keep us informed on his case. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that He give you the strength to face the difficult months ahead as you deal with seeing justice be brought against those who did not protect Nicolas and against the person(s) who harmed him.

Thumbs up

indigo yes know that nothing is going to bring my son back and yes i will let all you know what happens at my brothers trial i will be leaving on the first of sept to be there for that trial but the hardes thing this year is his birthday is coming up in sept it is the nineth