Patsy's 1998 Interview Transcript

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by ACandyRose, Nov 12, 2002.

1. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

I just finished a rough draft of the transcript of the excerpts from Patsy Ramsey's June 1998 interrogation interview that was on Court TV. If you haven't seen the video over on Court TV, it's worth the trip. They are obviously still chopping the taped video up to only cover what they think will look for the Ramseys and maybe if they show enough excerpts of it over time we will get the whole interview at some point some day. If I have time tomorrow I will work on John's interview video, his interview that is on Court TV is a lot shorter than Patsys.

Here is the link to my transcript:
    http://www.acandyrose.com/06251998patsyinterview.htm

I also added a little highlight of what is on each section of the transcript on the main page.

The taped video links are at Court TV web site where you can watch with RealVideo/Audio.
    http://www.courttv.com/news/ramsey/index2.html

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

ACR you are the best.

Knowing that you archive, keep track of and just plain let nothing slip through the cracks is a comforting feeling...for us

Not the Ramsey's...:)

Bet they don't like it one bit

3. ACandyRose

Preparation for Interviews???

I like this part where Haney asks Patsy what she did to prepare for the interviews.

=============================
    Detective Tom Haney: "(muffled).....our previous discussions and not to violate that confidence, but what have you done to prepare for this interview today. Whatever you reviewed or looked at or talked to......?"

Patsy Ramsey: "(sighs) Well, the biggest thing I've done is pray for this day for a year and a half. I don't know what started started off on the wrong foot somewhere but I have prayed and prayed and medicated and prayed some more that we could be here working hand in hand to get to the bottom of this. That's kind of the biggest thing I done to prepare. Ah, we met with our attorneys and ........"
    ============================

Ah, I just love timelines so let's take a little trip down memory lane in the Ramsey time machine.

Patsy says, "Ah, we met with our attorneys and ........"

Here's the *AND........*

Just *ONE MONTH* (May 1998) prior to those June 1998 interviews, John and Patsy Ramsey spent *3 HOURS* with Jameson in Atlanta. Now Jameson wanted to talk to the Ramseys about Donald Foster but they ended up spending three hours together talking about the case. Jameson even went online during the visit to show the Ramseys the forums and what was being posted about them.

Within *ONE WEEK* from John Ramsey's meeting with Jameson the weekend of May 23, 1998, John Ramsey called Alex Hunter at his home (on May 30, 1998) with a desire to cooperate. What a surprise!!

Less than 30 days later (June 25, 1998), Patsy is in the police interview with Detective Haney asking what she did to *prepare* and she says she just prayed and prayed and medicated and prayed and she ends that with "Ah, we met with our attorneys and ........"

Reference:
    http://www.acandyrose.com/timeline-transcripts1998.htm
    1998-05-23 (R) Jameson (WS): posting (9-98) that she met Ramseys Spring 1998
    1998-05-23 (R) John/Patsy quotes from DOI on meeting Jameson at Moonbean '98
    1998-05-23 (R) John/Patsy quotes from DOI to Jameson on angel tree at JBR grave
    1998-05-23 (R) Jameson (J-7): posting on the angel tree at JBR grave
    1998-05-28 (--) Lou Smit put in writing that Ramseys should 'interviews as victims' (ST pg314)
    1998-05-30 (--) John Ramsey called Alex Hunter at his home with desire to cooperate (DOI pg267)

But let's take that even a step further with those magic words from their own book. Remember the Ramseys lived with the Stine family from February to June 1997 and then the Stines went to Michigan with the Ramsey that summer.

Page 303.........

However, the Internet has become a publishing tool for anyone with a web site to express their opinions to the world--a kind of giant collage of editorial newspaper pages. JonBenet's murder is probably one of the first cyberspace crimes that hundreds, probably thousands, of people discussed, vented, and in some cases tried to solve with the use of this vast network of computers.

Page 304...........

During the time that Patsy, Burke and I lived with the Stines in Boulder, every morning Susan Stine got up, turned on her computer, and started surfing the Internet to learn the latest rumors and allegations. Susan constantly discovered both cruel and startling comments that we hadn't seen coming from any of the more conventional media. We were surprised to realize the amount of time and attention being given to the subject by anonymous people with absolutely no connection to the case beyond their curiosity. But they all had an opinion, and it was usually that the evil Ramseys were guilty.

Susan soon discovered the anonymous chat rooms and networks of people sending e-mail back and forth on this subject. The vast web of people with opinions astounded us--and these people were totally unknown, at least as far as we could tell, since they all used aliases to post their messages! Were they writing from their living rooms, a public library, their office, or a prison cell? Who knows?

During her Internet searches, Susan Stine discovered a web poster called "Jameson." While most of the opinions floating through cyberspace were hostile toward Patsy and me, Jameson maintained a straightforward approach to reporting information that was generally factual and correct.

Sometime during the fall of 1997, we received a letter from a person named Susan Bennett. Mrs. Bennett wrote to tell us that she had been following the JonBenet's case and was interested in how the crime would be solved. To our surprise, Susan Bennett disclosed that she was, in fact, Jameson.

Six months later, Patsy and I met Jameson for the first time. She and her husband, James, brought their son to Atlanta for a vacation visit to Six-Flags Over Georgia.

Jameson had contacted us, and we agreed to meet for coffee at the Moonbean, a coffee shop not far from our home. I wanted to thank her for being one of the very few supporters of our innocence. We expected to just meet briefly, but it ended up that we talked for over three hours.

Page 305...........

"That evening Jameson gave us a quick lesson on the Internet, since we were strictly amateur users"

Page 313...........

"Once Jameson returned home, she went online and posted the suggestion that people might want to hang angels on the tree at the grave site."

It was on May 23, 1998 that Jameson first posted on the Joshua-7 Forum about the angel tree.

I think both John and Patsy were very *well prepared* for those interviews and it sure in the hell it wasn't from their lawyers.

4. ACandyRose

I wanted to add

this reference:

1998-05-28 Lou Smit put in writing that Ramseys should 'interviews as victims' (ST pg314)

Remember this is the same Lou Smit who is suppose to be a police detective interviewing John Ramsey on a official police interrogation video taped interview. If Smit put *in writing* on May 28, 1998 that the Ramsey should be interviewed as *victims* then it is clear that Lou Smit was extremely bias by June 25, 1998 during those interviews.

5. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

---

Great work ACandyRose !

Why would the Rams want to know how to use internet if they didn't have a computer?

Why does Jams open her forum to the public every once and a while? ahahahahahahhahaha

6. ACandyRose

Re: ---

LOL Sparky, I'm sure Jameson will claim she took a laptop along with her to Six Flags in '98. I mean, you know you can't be online 24/7 and still take the family on a vacation. I'm sure she took home made bread and apple pie to the Ramseys and Patsy no doubt served ice tea (without the tea bag hanging out the side of the glass, of course). I wonder if her fire extingisher was stuck to the side of the laptop?

As far as her public forum is concerned, you're absolute right. She opens it only when the Ramsey case is on media tour (this time via Smit and Wood.) And she doesn't want feedback, she wants those she calls Borg to go there and attack her so she can show Wood, Smit and the Ramseys all the postings. I can hear her now, 'Woe is me, see what all the Borg posted......'

Yeah, the Ramseys don't watch TV, they don't go on the Internet and John Ramsey only watches movies on the airplane without sound. I guess he was too cheap to pay for the sound hookup. And Patsy only reads Christian books and watches Disney movies. Give me a break!!

And sick puppy stuffed JonBenet into that suitcase with all those books to keep her company.

Gee, I wonder what suitcase sick puppy stood on in the train room to get out the basement window if he was tryiing to shove *the suitcase* out the window with JonBenet inside? Instead of calling him 'sick puppy' we should call him 'trick puppy!" LOL

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thanks, ACR

You've done brilliant work archiving this case. We all know where to turn when we need to refresh our memories on the facts of this case. Now is such a time, with Lin Wood conducting a massive PR campaign on behalf of the Ramseys.

Another quotable quote from Patsy:

"I prayed and prayed and MEDICATED and prayed".

Also, many thanks to BobC, who is doing yeoman's duty in combatting all the lies of the current disinformation campaign of the Ramseys. BobC's threads on the Court TV forum are excellent!

8. ACandyRose

Interviews leaked to press

This is what John Ramsey wrote in DOI when the June 1998 interviews were completed.

DOI (HB) Page 275

"To our amazement, the content of the interviews was immediately leaked to the press. Details that we had absolutely held confidential appeared on the front page of the newspapers, on the Internet, and later in a best-selling book. We were beginning to see the correlation. If the police were involved, the media seemed to know all."

Hello? It's more like "if the Ramseys and their lawyers were involved, the media seem to know all."

Hello John? WE ARE NOW BEGINNING TO SEE THE CORRELATION!!

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Thanks Lurker

I can't tell you all how many private messages I've gotten telling me that the same wingnuts who think Molesterfield is innocent are the ones coming at me on the Ramsey thread! But I'm ready for those slick, double-dealing SCAMPS!

By the way--what happened to the PM feature here on this forum?

10. Vic

Vic Active Member

Where were the handcuffs?

After watching that ridiculous (and chopped up) depo, I really wonder what the point of releasing is. Patsy looked about as concerned as if she just lost her purse.

And if she flapped her arms one more time, she was gonna fly. It really is all about her.

BobC, you've apparently rattled "hir," it's kind of quiet on that front. Dang, the truth hurts.

11. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Fly?

She'd never get off the ground with those knockers...:)

12. Thor

Thor Active Member

omg, lmao Nandee

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice