Invitation to LIVE CHAT with Jeanne M. Boylan

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

When America’s deadliest criminals need to be put behind bars who does law enforcement turn to for help? Jeanne Boylan the worlds top forensic artist and best selling author of “ Portraits of Guilt”.

Jeanne Boylan’s remarkable ability to sketch “dead ringers” has lead to some of America’s most deadly criminals being taken off the street. Ms. Boylan is a woman filled with compassion for victims and a determination to see that justice prevails.

Forums For Justice and Bill Bickel of Crime and Punishment are partnering to bring a LIVE CHAT with Jeanne M. Boylan, Criminal Image Profiler on December 2, 2002 at 9:30 PM EST at the following link. http://crime.about.com/gi/chat/cs.htm

(When accessing the link, you will be asked to download a 10sec program to enable the chat.)

The last few minutes of the chat will be reserved for Ms. Boylan to answer questions regarding her new book “Portraits of Guilt” which has recently been released into paperback.

Some suggestions for discussion:

· Why police drawings are notoriously wrong
    · What went wrong in the Klaas, Oklahoma City Bomber, Unabomber and Susan Smith cases.

This is going to be a fascinating night for all people who follow true crime. . Remember Jeanne Boylan taking your questions on Dec. 2nd at 9:30 pm Eastern with Bill Bickel of Crime and Punishment at http://crime.about.com/gi/chat/cs.htm

You will need to send your questions (no more than 4 questions per email please) in advance to: and be sure to include BOYLAN CHAT in the subject line. Don’t miss a chance to talk with the world’s foremost forensic artist. Jeanne Boylan. Dec. 2nd 9:30 pm Eastern.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. purr

purr Active Member

Some Questions from Purr.........

1. How did you get interested in this field of interest.

2. What school did you study at?

3. Do you sometimes have to use some kind of psychic
    abilities to know how they look?

4. Is this a dying art.....or are there schools for
    kids who are learning this right now?

5. Do you use computer graphics to draw or
    draw free hand?

6. If you use a computer, what software do you use?

7. Who do you admire in this field?

8. What can the government do to more utilize your
    talent?

9. Must you always have talk to the witness to
    get a good description or.....can you draw
    from other's suspicions of what they looked like?

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

YAY Purr!!!

Great questions!!! Thanks, you have us started off now, let's hope the others kick in too!

4. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Hi Moab!

I wrote my questions by e-mail to the address that you specified....hope to see you on the chat tomorrow evening....

Hope it goes well and that a number of the forum members are able to attend...

Voyager

5. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Moab... I thought that the sheriff and FBI did a pretty good job of tricking Susan Smith into a confession - I had an FBI relative slightly involved on that case. I'd be interested in what Ms Boylan thinks went wrong.

I'd like to know when she started drawing (at what age) and when she began drawing faces. Does having witnesses help create a drawing of a suspect actually reduce the problems with eyewitnesses identifying the wrong person (that happens so often)?

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Great questions Shadow and Voyager (I received yours and already sent them in)

Hope to see you both at the chat tomorrow night.

7. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

This is such a neat opportunity Moab!

We are having the Scoop's and Mr. Scoop's parents for dinner tonight at 7:00, so I will have to sneak away for half an hour at 7:30 if I can, and just let Mr. V. hold the fort with the company (we are in the moutain standard time zone!).....he is grilling steaks.....so maybe I can at least enjoy some part of the chat....

I have only been in on one other chat before....that was the very first "inhouse" chat that Dunvegan arranged for all of us members when the forum first started....It was FUN! The only thing about Real Time chatting is the Real Life interuptions....when we are posting, if the phone rings or little Madison Jane has a spill, no one knows it! On chat, it causes conversation havoc! LOL!

Hope to see everyone there tonight....she is such a talented woman!
    Voyager

8. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

My questions for Jeanne

Dear Jeanne,

Like so many others, I am in awe of your talents. What you do is so very unique.

My question to you is this? Have you kept up with the Ramsey case? If so, what did you think of the descriptions John Ramsey gave to Police, concerning the alleged bugler, who supposedly entered his house and robbed him? I would imagine that you have the ability to tune yourself into the individuals giving you descriptions..On the same note, would it be fair to say that you most probably would have picked up on Susan Smith's pseudo recollections of the "black man?"

As a long standing member of a Ramsey Forum, I, along with my "fellow sleuths," know a great deal about this case. We are intrigued with your work. Surely, you have an opinion as to what happened to JonBenet Ramsey. Please share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,.
    Greenleaf
    P.S. I emailed this to her today.

9. Shadow

I have a question for you, Moab. I'm going to record <i>"Taken"</i> tonight so I can join the chat, however, I've never done the live chat thing before. Will my FFJ "hat" appear or my AOL name (which is my real name) when I sign-in?

10. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Shadow

When you follow the link provided for the chat...

http://crime.about.com/mpchat.htm

you will be asked the following things:

1. To download a program to enable the chat which is tiny and takes about 10 seconds.

2. A username (you may choose whatever "hat" you want for the chat) Whatever you put in is not tied to anything on FFJ.

3. Font size (you may adjust this size depending on how blind you all are...lol)

4. Your birthdate, month, day, and year. You are asked this to ensure you are of legal age to attend the chat

After this has all been selected, you will select CONNECT...and you will be placed in chat.

Glad to see you and others will be there, I think this will prove to be a very interesting evening.

11. Shadow

Thanks, Moab - Can I lie about my age? LOL I need a 16 font...

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Absolutely Shadow!!!

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

14. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

okay, I was there

and I am definitely round.

Anyone taking bets that she was brought into the Ramsey case by the Rams themselves? Or perhaps by out - foxed Lou Smit?
    Wonder why she would be consulted if there was no witness to describe the perp so she could draw their likeness?

Didn't get to ask why they didn't haul their butts down to the Boulder Police Department to be questioned if they would indeed give their lives to know who did this to "that child". I think I showed amazing restraint, don't you?

15. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

16. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

moab

Thanks, Moab, for posting that URL. I read the entire interview. It was an eye-opener. Wow! The Rams fooled that brainy lady? Personally, I think that she just dosn't know much about the case. I suppose, if one were to meet these "grieving" parents, while ignorant of the facts in the case, one would come away feeling sad for them.

The Rams surely had (have) old Smitty in a trance. LOL!

I'm thinking of doing a sketch of Ms.Boylan, doing a sketch of the "intruder," with info. provided by Lou Smit.

Greenleaf

17. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

When you read Ms. Boylan's book, Portraits of Guilt, you will see she does truly feel the victim's pain.

Boylan has to do this so she can do her job.

She is not a detective.

I can absolutely see Patsy drawing Jeanne Boylan into her web.

Also she hasn't followed the case in two years.

I am telling you this book is a must. Everyone is getting it from me for Christmas. Even Moab...

18. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

my question

to her wasn't in the transcript but her answer was. I asked who had involved her in the Ramsey case - the Ramseys, law enforcement or other and she answered (paraphrased) that she couldn't say because the case was ongoing.

The answer to that question is certainly important because if the Ramseys brought her in she may tend to side with them as victims as I'm sure it is important for her to do. It is her ability to empathize that probably makes her so effective in her work.

She may not be given access to much evidence because she really doesn't need that to do her drawing - just eye-witnesses.
    It truly makes me wonder though what she could do in the Ramsey investigation since there were no eye witnesses.

She did say that she would like to say more so apparently she felt that she knew something she thought we might like to know.

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Texan,

I will let Bill know the question prompting the answer was left out, and see if he will change the transcript!!!

It was good to see you at the chat, I am really glad you could make it.

20. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Wondering....

<QUESTION> Jeanne, do you believe that
    John or Patsy Ramsey know who killed their
    daughter?
    <JEANNE BOYLAN> No, I know that
    they do NOT know who killed Jon Benet and
    I know that they'd give their lives to have that
    answer.
    <JEANNE BOYLAN> I am restrained from
    giving specific information on the Ramsey case
    but am not restrained from offering my opinion
    on their guilt or innocence. I am sorry. Any
    other questions?

How much case information do you suppose she was privy too? I'm thinking not much, but maybe some 'leaks' from friends.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice