Why call all your friends?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I know we have been through this a million times but be patient with me. :)

The ransom note threatened JonBenet with beheading if the Ramsey's spoke to anyone.

Yet not only do they call the police but they call their friends to come over.

Some might point out that Elizabeth Smart's family did the same thing. Which is true. HOWEVER the Smart family did not have a ransom note threatening Elizabeth's life if they told anyone.
    Big Big difference.

Right after the Ramsey's "found" the ransom note, a note that threatens to kill JonBenet if the kidnappers so much as catch the Ramsey's "talking to a stray dog" about this, Patsy calls the Fernies and the Whites.

I was thinking about this while reading up on the Smart case.

Many of the people the Smarts called over were actual neighbors. People within walking distance. People who may have seen something.

Unlike the Ramsey's.

I know the Fernies drove over. In separate cars no less.

I think the Whites were actual neighbors of the Ramsey's right? Did the Whites walk over or drive. For some reason I am thinking the Whites were neighbors but I can't find where I read that bit of information. Were the Whites a couple of houses down or a couple of miles away. If someone knows please post it because I can't find it anywhere.

And if the Whites were not real neighbors of the Ramsey's then why didn't the Ramsey's at least call their neighbors to see if they heard anything. Saw anything. Hell they were calling everyone else in the world why not someone who might be able to help.

I keep going back to the Smarts. The Smarts did call their neighbors. The word spread and the Smart neighbors rallied around them.

The Smarts called their family. And the Smart's called a couple of church leaders.

The Ramsey's call their friends who have to drive and park their cars in front of their home for the world to see. Including the kidnappers.

The minute the 911 call was made nothing the Ramsey's did made any sense.

If even after you know your daughter will be killed if you so much as talk to a stray dog you CALL your neighbors to ask them if they saw anything heard anything I might be able to understand that. The parents would be in sheer panic mode. CALLING neighbors is something I might be able to accept.

However flooding your house with friends who have to drive over for the world to see is beyond senseless.

Tricia

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Why call your friends?

To contaminate the crime scene!

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

AMEN Mr. Bob...AMEN

4. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Ya beat me to the punchline, Bob!

If I read a note threatening my daughter's life, you can sure bet I would NOT have let an entire country club set drive up into my yard, in plain sight of this vicious "small foreign faction".

Yes, I'd have called the police. What else could you do? Way too big a problem to handle on your own. But, I'd tell authorities the contents of the note and trust that they would know how to handle things in a discreet manner that wouldn't endanger my daughter's life. (And yes, I realize that might be a false trust in the case of Boulder.)

John and Patsy wanted lots of diversion and, more importantly, lots of stray DNA around that morning.

And what the heck...their plan worked.

5. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

you said it

It creates contamination... and confusion. How many were there that morning when the police arrived?

What I don't get is why the police didn't make everyone just go home. Support is one thing. Dealing with a possible kidnapping with an actual ransom note in hand is another. (With hindsight, we can say it was fraudulent, but they could not afford to think so.)

Personally, I think the police were intimidated by the wealth, stature and (possibly) sheer number of people.

Ayeka

6. Vic

Vic Active Member

why call friends?

I think it was Patsy's idea, and she did it to protect herself from John Ramsey's wrath. He was gonna be ****ed off when he had a few minutes to think things through and she knew he'd be suspicious of her...

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Ayeka there were so many big mistakes starting within minutes after the 911 call that I have lost track.

I don't think the cops on duty knew what they should do. Now it's totally different. I bet they would react in a whole different manner if a kidnapping with a ransom note ever happened again.

BobC I think it was more to insulate Patsy from the cops than anything. She is surrounding herself with friends who will coddle her. Protect her.

Then again Vic has a great point. Patsy wanted to insulate herself from John. That is very likely.

Did the Ramsey's even call their real neighbors?

Did the Ramsey's have any ACTUAL neighbors come over? That's what I want to know. Anyone from down the street? Next door?

Anyone? I can't find this info anywhere.

This is bugging me because of the Smart case. The Smarts had their real neighbors over. That seems like the action of parents in a panic.

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Could have been any of the above but the most important thing here, is that cops should have secured that crime scene--the rest, as they say, is history.

9. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

If I was an Executive with a Defense Contractor I would have followed company protocall if threatened by a "foreign faction" (i.e., terrorist) and called either company security or the FBI.

I wasn't an executive, but when I was an employee of a defense contractor (I'm now a consultant) I knew whom to call, and it wasn't 911 and/or friends.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2002
  10. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I agree wth Tricia, I think they were being used as protection against the police, it sure makes playing the victim easier when you have a bunch of sympathatic friends coddling you. They were just some props for Patsy.

11. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Shadow

Yes yes yes. That has always bothered me most of all, the fact that they did not follow security protocol for Lockheed Martin <small>(suddenly I'm not sure on that name... that is right, isn't it?)</small>.

Gah.

Ayeka

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice