Current Boulder Stories

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Our very own Angel Reporter sent these links on to me this morning...if the stories bloom we can do individual threads...

Ramseys aren't focus of inquiry, letter hints
    But Boulder DA says probe 'will not exempt' the couple
    By Owen S. Good, Rocky Mountain News
    December 24, 2002

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_1629708,00.html

~~~~~~~~~~

Jailhouse tipster is one of many
    Authorities expect more as anniversary of JonBenet's death nears
    By Sandra Fish, Camera Staff Writer
    December 24, 2002

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/city_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2422_1630212,00.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Accountability - what a concept!
    December 24, 2002

http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/opinion/article/0,1299,DRMN_38_1629551,00.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Letter to attorney Lin Wood
    December 23, 2002

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ramsey/article/0,1299,DRMN_1296_1629630,00.html

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Is everybody starting to get it now? Is everyone wearing red today?

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

Words do not express my dismay and disgust with this whole effin circus sideshow. BobC, you were right. It's toast. I'm all for a new investigation, but what is happening here, imo, is Keenan will put on a charade and go after every pedophile, etc., in the world, and get further and further away from the prime suspects (which all evidence points to) and the Rams & Limpy will get complete control and walk away freer than they are now. Keenan's letter is showing me this. The case will slowly disappear into oblivion. Beckner has no balls, Boulder has no balls and everyone will worship Limpy's horsey ***.

I was starting to get hopeful after the stuff came out on the palmprint, hair & bootprint. Now this. Yep, it is related to Limpy's threat of a lawsuit, IMO, and I bet Beckner is pleased to get it off his back. Add Loose Mittens into the pot, forget it. He will take them on the pedophile intruder ride and what fun that will be. There is no intruder. Why can't they get it? This will be a dog & pony show and that will be it.

4. BobC

Beckner did have balls--he was about the only one and now he's been taken out of the mix. What we have here is a libel attorney, for the first time that I've ever heard of, running a murder investigation. He cracks the whip and they skip. This is the sickest thing I've ever seen. I'm sure Wood has all those public statements by Hunter and DeMuth saying the mean old police wouldn't look anywhere but at the Ramseys and has used that to leverage this break from the police. I saw this coming years ago when Hunter first made those remarks but never dreamed it would turn this bad. You can bet your *** the Ramseys will get the real prize--the police files. Nobody's in the mix any longer who would prevent that from happening.

Congratulations John and Patsy. You won. Merry Christmas. I hope when Burke grows up he realizes what his parents are.

5. BobC

"There's such a lot of pretense in this world
    but don't take my word
    just sit back and you'll see"

Joan Armatrading 1976

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

SO WHAT?!

They have been doing this for the past six years. I never expected anyone to be charged in the first place but I do expect that We, The People, will stay just as vigilante as we have been over the past six years. As long as we do not back off, they have no choice but to keep pulling rabbits out of their hats.

I wonder though, if this is the start of a new investigation, will John and Patsy wait for six months to be interviewed?!

It worked the first time.

I think that is time again for my avatar to be enlarged so that we can all remember what Christmas is all about.

RR

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

I like MK's letter

She is setting forth the ground rules for a new and independent investigation, the results of which will not be challengeable in a court of law because of bias, incompetence, or press leaks.

She sounds like a person of integrity to me.

I especially like this part:

We will not exempt the Ramseys from this investigation.

So, if this new investigation leads right back to John and Patsy Ramsey, they will be indicted, and the baggage of the previous investigation will be jettisoned to make their conviction more probable.

8. zapata

zapata Senior Member

Lurker

Mary Keenen's pass card was used to break into the war room. Keenen was pro-Ramsey all the way when she was an assistant DA. So please do not get your hopes up.

BobC is correct. This case is going to be filed in file 13.

I would hope that BobC would put together a petition to send to the Attorney General of the state of Colorado demanding an investigation by the Attorney General's office into the death of a minor child, JonBenet Patricia Ramsey. We need to all sign this petition to let the state of Colorado know we care, we want justice for a murdered child.

I suggested BobC since he is so well spoken. I will be one of the first to sign the petition.

Please, BobC, will you do this for us and most of all for JonBenet? I believe you are so right about Keenen, this investigation is going to be deep-sixed if we stand by and let Keenen handle this farce.

cottonstar likes this.
  9. RiverRat

Year Six Begins

Denver Post
    ramsey case

Ramseys welcome DA's review
    Daughter slain 6 years ago
    By Sean Kelly and Marilyn Robinson
    The Denver Post

Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - This Christmas, John and Patsy Ramsey say they have hope for the first time in the six years since their daughter's death that JonBenet's killer will be brought to justice.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan's recent decision to review evidence in JonBenet's death has renewed their faith in the investigation, said Ramsey family attorney Lin Wood.

"They have great hope the murderer of their daughter will be found. It is the first time they have genuinely had that hope since the days just after the murder of JonBenet," Wood said Tuesday.

Because Keenan is broadening the investigation, the Ramseys now are "out from under the umbrella of suspicion" placed over them by Boulder police, Wood said.

JonBenet was found dead in her family's Boulder home Dec. 26, 1996. Her father found the 6-year-old beauty queen in a basement storage room.

Boulder police, however, would not rule out the Ramseys as suspects. They are among more than 125 possible suspects investigated, said police spokeswoman Jennifer Bray. The case is now solely in the hands of the district attorney's office, she said.

"It's really up to them to characterize who they consider suspects," Bray said.

In a letter from Keenan to Wood written Friday, the district attorney promised "additional investigation by fresh eyes."

"Our efforts will focus on following up on leads which have not previously been investigated or that are brought to our attention in the future. We will not exempt the Ramseys from this investigation," Keenan said in the letter.

Keenan was out of the office Tuesday and could not be reached for comment.

Wood said the Ramseys understand that they are not excluded from Keenan's investigation. But, he said, they are pleased with her decision.

"There's nothing else that can be done with regard to the Ramseys. I do believe they've moved out from under this umbrella of suspicion," Wood said. "This case will move forward as the district attorney looks at other suspects and moves in another direction."

The Ramseys have been planning a civil lawsuit against the city of Boulder. Wood said Keenan's decision to renew the investigation may forestall the suit.

"This is a matter that needs to be investigated, not litigated," he said.

Wood met with Keenan in Boulder in late November after he wrote her a month earlier. Keenan's letter was a response to their meeting, Wood said.

He had high praise for Keenan.

"This is not only a courageous decision, but it is in the best interest of the murder investigation and the best interest of the citizens of Boulder," he said.

Wood said the Ramseys will observe this Christmas - and the sixth anniversary of their daughter's death - at home in Atlanta with family, including a toddler granddaughter.

Back in Boulder, the case still draws attention to the home on 15th Street where JonBenet's body was found. Yet many residents seem to have lost interest.

Most Boulderites have lived in the city less than five years, said city Councilman Dan Corson, and have little connection to the case.

"A few years ago, I think people paid much more attention than they do now," said Corson, who was elected less than a year after the murder but has lived in Boulder almost 30 years.

Former Boulder Daily Camera editor Barrie Hartman said he's glad the case is going in a new direction.

"I think the people are relieved that some movement is being made," Hartman said. "The community has kind of forgotten about the case. I think they felt some embarrassment about the way the case was so badly handled."

Former FBI profiler Robert Ressler said he doubts the case will ever be solved unless someone comes forward with new evidence or a "deathbed confession."

"This is a situation where the police botched the initial investigation, and years later, they're still trying to sort things out," said Ressler, who helped build the psychological profile of New York's "Son of Sam" killer in the 1970s.

Ressler said he doubts that a stranger broke into the home and killed JonBenet. But he said he also doubts a family member killed her.

"There may have been other people in the house that night, and I don't mean a stranger or family," Ressler said. "I just don't know. We may never know."

10. RiverRat

Here We Go......

Letters to the Editor, December 25
    December 25, 2002

Accountability goes for newspapers, too

In its Dec. 24 lead editorial, "Accountability - what a concept!," the Rocky Mountain News raises questions of accountability relating to the recent decision of Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan to take charge of the investigation of the murder of my clients' daughter, JonBenet Ramsey.

The News opines that Keenan's decision was little more that a cheerful surrender by the Boulder Police Department of its role because the Ramseys had lost faith in the department. Not surprisingly, this editorial opinion is supported by comments from Craig Silverman, an individual who for years has been a source for negative quotes about John and Patsy Ramsey published in supermarket tabloid articles.

If the News had bothered to investigate facts derived from reliable sources before it formed its opinion, I believe your editorial staff might have found substantial, solid support for my opinion that after her two-year review of the case, Keenan's decision was based on her objective conclusion that the Boulder Police Department was not capable of conducting an unbiased investigation into JonBenet's murder.

The News has never attempted through use of the open records act to investigate the conduct of the Boulder Police Department and expose facts that would inform the public why Colorado taxpayers have wasted millions of dollars on a failed and flawed police investigation of a child's murder. Perhaps if it had learned the facts before voicing its opinion, the News might have better understood Keenan's decision and applauded it.

Accountability is a concept that applies to journalists as well as government officials. Look in the mirror.

L. Lin Wood
    Attorney for John and Patsy Ramsey
    Atlanta, Ga.

11. Tez

Tez Member

I am going to projectile vomit!!!!

That woman is an idiot! She let Woody walk right in there and tell her how the investigation was going to go and that was it. If she had any guts, she would have told him to file his damn suit. I especially liked the part that the "Ramsey's are not under the umbrella of suspicion anymore!" I spit egg nog everywhere when I read that.

CAN WE ALL SAY INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION???? That is what needs to be done here. And a special prosecustor. (Not one from El Paso county where Loose Mitts is from). How about another grand jury where Lou can't just barge in and testify? How about a grand jury where the parents have to testify?

12. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

So when did Ressler become scared of Lin Wood.

"Ressler said he doubts that a stranger broke into the home and killed JonBenet. But he said he also doubts a family member killed her.

"There may have been other people in the house that night, and I don't mean a stranger or family," Ressler said. "I just don't know. We may never know."

What a wuss. This is not what he has been saying on all the talk shows for years. He said just the opposite.

Fedorx what do you think of Ressler's comments?

Lin Wood has a chilling effect on free speech in our society.

Also Lin Wood has some comprehension problems. I don't remember reading anywhere that the Ramsey's were removed from the "umbrella of suspicion" do you?

I have a WWII German Army Officer's jacket. In perfect condition. My father brought it home from the war. It doesn't have any Nazi symbols on it but it does have the German army markings.

I think it would fit Lin Wood perfectly. Then he can order everyone around while goose stepping all over our constitution. Hey he already has the BPD and the D.A. doing exactly what he says. He would make a perfect dictator don't you think?

13. Tez

Tez Member

Tricia...

I was wondering the same thing about Ressler myself. I thought he said early on he thought a family member did it, or am I mistaken?

Maybe Ressler doesn't want to be sued also?

14. BobC

Robert Ressler is being slippery here--and probably feels like it's not worth the risk of having to deal with the nazi. I have a tape that proves what I'm saying--but i sure as hell won't help the nazi gather more info to collect more blood money by being more specific about what Ressler's said in the past.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice