"Right down to the rind"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by MaryW, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MaryW

MaryW Member

I am a "newbie" and this may have been done before, but I have always been curious about one of the phrases that the police have consistently used when discussing the pineapple found in JonBenet's digestive tract during the autoposy. They always say that they can identify it as fresh pineapple "right down to the rind". Who eats the rind of pineapple? It does not taste good. I would say 98% of adults would not eat the rind of fresh pineapple and virtually 100% of children would not--- it is just too lacking in pleasing taste or texture. This is so puzzling to me and I wondered if anyone else had noticed anything about this.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Mary where do the cops say that? I don't remember them saying that, In fact at one point Haney (I think) says they feel 'pretty sure" that it was pineapple.

3. MaryW

MaryW Member

I think it is in Steve Thomas's book. I will look tonight.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Mary W I think you are right. I believe it's in Thomas' book.

Look at it this way.

This is fresh pineapple right?

If you are going to cut up chunks from the whole pineapple you will more than likely get a bit of the rind in it. Especially if you scoop it from the very bottom of the fruit.

Picture a big slice of cantaloupe. You eat it all the way to the "rind".

I think that is what they mean. Whoever cut it off the pineapple cut a bit or rind with it and it matched the pineapple right down "to the rind" of the one in the fridge.

jmho

5. BobC

I don't remember that --but I'm sure it was just a figure of speech.

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Ahem (clears throat)

WY is an expert on fresh pineapple. See, fresh pineapple has some fantastic enzymes in it that you can't get in canned pineapple, and hence it is very good for you. I eat a lot of fresh pineapple - that is pineapple in full dress.

Sometimes when I slice the pineapple and take the rind off, some remains. Depending on the ripeness of the pineapple, you can eat it right to the rind and sometimes into the rind. That is likely what happened here if there were some of the very beginnings of the rind on the piece they found in her intestine. I have had pineapple so ripe it was sweet and soft enough to eat into the soft part of the rind. Trust me. (*grin* and hurl)

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

WY I knew deep in my soul that you were a pineapple expert.

8. BobC

Well she might be a pineapple expert, but I would EMBARRASS HER in the field of legumes.

I've had it with WY flaunting her pineapples.

9. MaryW

MaryW Member

It is in Steve Thomas's book. I didn't bring it to work with me but it is about a third of the way through in a portion where Steve Thomas is describing the Ramsey's house. He says that the BPD hired an expert who definetely identified the contents of JonBenet's stomach as fresh pineapple and identified it as identical to the fresh pineapple found in the white bowl on the Ramsey's kitchen table "right down to the rind."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice