Wood & Condit Mug an Old Man

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by LurkerXIV, Feb 6, 2003.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

From NY Post--Page Six

DUNNE LIES LOW
    ON CONDIT SUIT

by By RICHARD JOHNSON
    with Paula Froelich and Chris Wilson

DOMINICK Dunne is so distraught over Gary Condit's $11 million slander lawsuit against him, the writer is canceling appearances and declining interviews.

Dunne no-showed last Thursday at a Harry Evans-moderated panel discussion at the Chelsea Art Museum in conjunction with the exhibition "Shots in the Dark: True Crime Photos."

His fellow panelists - including Court TV's Rikki Klieman and artist Andres Serrano - soldiered on without Dunne.

Then, yesterday, a private screening at Tribeca Film Center of "Guilty Pleasure: The Extraordinary World of Dominick Dunne" was postponed until Feb. 27.

The documentary, to air later this year on Court TV, features interviews with Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter, Dominick's son Griffin, Dorothy Moxley, Johnnie Cochran, Mark Fuhrman and Larry King.

It was on King's show that Dunne discussed rumors that Condit, through his connections to Arab diplomats and Hells Angels, had intern Chandra Levy abducted, killed and thrown out of a plane into the ocean. Levy's body later was discovered in a Washington, D.C., park.

Condit's lawsuit names Dunne as the sole defendant. Condit's lawyer, L. Lin Wood, has racked up hefty damage awards for Jon and Patsy Ramsey over allegations they were responsible for the death of their daughter, JonBenet.

An e-mail yesterday alerted invited guests to the screening's cancellation "due to circumstances beyond our control."

A spokeswoman told PAGE SIX there was "an issue with the venue," but that was false. Another rep at the Lippin Group said, "A lot of people we wanted to invite are unable to come." She didn't say who.

Sources say Dunne is tormented by a lawsuit he can't afford to settle, and the possibilities of being humiliated on the stand and of financial ruin should he lose.

"The litigation is more serious than anyone realizes, and Nick is freaking out because there could be more problems ahead," said one insider.

Dunne did not return calls.

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

wow Lurker...very interesting...thanks for bringing this here!

3. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

not very credible?

Did John and Patsy win any lucrative suits against people who said they killed their daughter? I thought most of those suits were about Burke. I guess the one with ST would be about them but I'd bet it wasn't all that lucrative.

I suspect some spin in this article.

Pardon me - the word was hefty not lucrative. Still don't think it was all that hefty.

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Freedom of Speech RIP.

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

RIP free speech is right

Loopy LimpWood warned Dunne in a phone call not to say anything about the Ramseys in an upcoming show he was going to do. Dunne took his advice - said he didn't want to be involved in any lawsuit. Wood wasn't happy that he frightened an old man - and might I add, a good man - with that threat. He had his teeth half sunk in - the Condit matter gave him new blood and he sunk those incisors to the hilt into Dunne's hide.

One has to wonder who called whom - did Condom call Wood or did Wood call Condom, offering to go after Dunne.

Condom and Wood - both men of honor - not.

6. AK

AK Member

Lin Spin

Hefty damages awarded?

I wouldn't count on that.

Maybe he meant hefty clients.

Dominick Dunne is smart and richer than Woodsy and his hick clients all together. And unlike Linseed and John Rambo, Dunne has hair.

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

LOL! YOU GO FEDORA! I hope my boy Dom counter sues for emotional duress! Somebody needs to take that parasite down.

8. AK

AK Member

Dunne

Nick Dunne has bigger fish to fry than those two smelts.

RFK, Jr., angry that his murderous Skakel skank cousin was put behind bars, is still trying to suggest that Ken Littleton is the perp. Kennedy's been dithering hither and yon, and I'm waiting for him to steal Ken's underwear and send it to cops, demanding that it be tested for DNA. It's pathetic, really, how the Kennedy family is debasing itself with such lunacy. Maybe Mickey Sherman did learn a trick or two from the Swamp Mistress.

Anyhoo, Dunne is firing back by writing articles and decimating Junior and his "Poster Boys for Trouble" crew.

He'll get around to Wood and Condit one day, I'm sure. It's not like it's a very pressing concern.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice