The Montel Williams Show

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Feb 14, 2003.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

I was a guest on the Montel Williams Show this week. The show was taped and is scheduled to air on Wednesday, February 26, 2003. Check http://www.montelshow.com/misc/where_2_watch.htm for the station and time it airs in your city.

I will give updates on the other guest and things as the date draws near.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

YES!!!

Yes!! Yes!!!

Did I read something about Sylvia being on that show? I will be watching for sure.

Great news, RC.

3. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Re: YES!!!

Yes Sylvia gave us all her magic view.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

RC any hints about what the show was like?

5. Tricia

So my comprehension skills aren't the best. I just read your post about giving us updates when the date of the show is closer..

RC can you tell us what some of the other guests situations were?

6. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

7. Watching You

I will be there, RC

front row seat on my couch with my popcorn ready. Even though I'm not real big on Sylvia, I am interested in her take on this.

8. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Reminder

This is just a reminder the Montel Show will air today.

9. Watching You

I saw the previews yesterday, RC

I will be watching today. I saw the part where Sylvia said something about a ... oops, can't give it away. Be there or be square.

10. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

RC....

I am going to go and look up the listing for this program in our area and try to watch it....More exposure for Rachel...Good!

See Ya On The TV,
    Voyager

11. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Drat!

I completely forgot to set up the timer -- it's on at 4pm here but I don't think I'll be able to sneak away home to watch it. :(

I hope someone will be kind enough to let those of us with sieve-for-brains what happened on the show. :)

Ayeka

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Ayeka....

I wrote a brief review on the Daily.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  13. Watching You

It was a heartwrenching show

RC. I don't know what to think about Sylvia's comments. She may very well be full of it, but how can you not at least check out what she said. Even by mistake, or untruths, she could be right.

RC, I am curious as to what, if any, steps you have taken to follow up on any of Sylvia's words. I don't know if she is a fraud or not, but I do not so easily dismiss her words (shush, Lurker, I know your heart is in the right place). Right or wrong, I would have to check. What do you have to lose?

I would be interested in knowing RC's thoughts about the show and where he goes from here.

14. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

contacts

I have been talking to people about this Bill guy from CA. So far nothing has turned up. There is not much else she gave me which can be checked into. We tried to get the lake drug last year, but LE said it was too expensive. Some friends got together and tried to drag it themselves and were turned away but the LE responsible for the lake. (2 different LE)

Sometimes I just want to put my fist through the wall.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2003
  15. Watching You

Too Expensive?????

How big is this lake? I guess I could understand it if it were like one of the Great Lakes, which are huge, or another very large body of water, but if it is a small lake, how can they NOT drag it? It would be part of a missing persons investigation, would it not? A couple of years ago I watched a bunch of investigators drag a pond in the park where I live, looking for some guns a suspect had allegedly thrown in the pond the night he shot another guy in another town about 20 miles from here. They'll drag a lake here in a heartbeat to find evidence they think could be there. I don't get it. Oh, wait, maybe I do. They are saying they have no evidence of foul play, right? And, therefore, they have no evidence a crime has been committed and therefore they cannot justify the expense of conducting a thorough investigation.

I get it now. I wonder how much it would cost to have someone come in and at least drag the first 10-20 feet from the edges of the lake, because unless someone had a boat, that would be the place to look.

I don't blame you for being frustrated, RC. My walls wouldn't be walls at this point, I'm afraid, and my fists would probably be fractured from going through those walls so many time.

16. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Re: Too Expensive?????

I pushed for two things at the very begining. Infrared plane searches and dragging the lake. Neither one was done.

17. Watching You

Then, it would appear

that LE has not been very aggressive on this case. Why the apathy on the part of LE? Something isn't adding up, here, at least not to me.

18. Tricia

RC do you have any idea how much it would cost to drag the lake? A rough figure.

Also are you at liberty to say which LE refused to drag the lake?

Thanks
    Tricia

19. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

more than $1

Seriously, I don't know. The friends of ours were just going to drag out 15-20 feet from the shore. That is not that expensive to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice