What Kane said

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Zan, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

Kane said "There remain "dozens" of secrets, he said. "Absolutely. Dozens. And a lot of what the public thinks is fact is simply not fact."

In PR's depo...she states that... she can not remember if JB was bathed or washed her hands that Christmas night in 1996...before going to bed...That is a direct contradition to what they have been saying for 5 years...that JB was carried up to bed from the car and never woke up again that night....

NOW...I can't trust what she said regarding that night....not that I ever did...but...NOW she has given me a good reason NOT TOO...

PR has always stayed away from giving her Christmas Day story...she let's John talk about that....In trying to avoid giving any account of Christmas day in the depo......when asked if JB bathed that day or night...She has hurt herself...JMO

So I am going to list some random thoughts...keeping in mind what Kane recently stated....

*because of what the Co search warrant says... and Ferni said in his Miller trial testimony...I believe the Whites were at the house first....then Ferni....then French...and around the same time as French ...the Rev....OR he also might have been there before French...

From Ferni's sworn testimony in Miller trial...

Q. Let me ask you, if I might, if you recall, who, other than police officers, or civilian people that you are familliar with, that came to the house at or about the time you arrived?

A. Fleet and Pricilla {sic} White were there when I arrived. And my wife came shortly thereafter. And our -- Overstock, our priest came afterwards as well.

One of the first officers noticed.. there was no foot prints out side...

What time was the light dusting of snow?

*JR said on LKL...."

Larry King Live
    John and Patsy Ramsey Tell Their Side of the Story
    Aired March 27, 2000 - 9:00 p.m. ET

J. RAMSEY: Well, Linda Arndt was the only police person that was there that I recall.

KING: They all had left? The others had left?

J. RAMSEY: Well, I don't know. There were a lot of people there at 3:00 in the morning.

KING: It was a blur to you?

*PR...on 3 in the morning...

700 Club interview...2000...don't know exact date

SCOTT: Are you telling me that those thoughts never came to your mind. I mean men walk around saying, "I think my wife may have committed adultery because a number of people said ...

JOHN: JonBenet was brutally murdered. She was strangled. The blow to her head would have brought down a 300-pound man. Patsy loved JonBenet as much as I did. That is insane. It’s just insane.

PATSY: You should hear this man at 2:30 – 3:00 in morning get up. There is no question, you are not there at those hours, I am.

Me.....I'm not sure if anyone GOT UP as PR says....I think she was up all night...and I think she called friends over ...before calling John over...before making the 911 call...

It was total chaos....John had no time to think...but when he did.....he went straight for the basement...he couldn't even wait untill AFTER 10am...the deadline for the ransom call....He went a little before...then his demeanor changed....as noted by Ardnt....

I'm sure people will wonder.....Then why hasn't any of the friends came forward and called them liars regarding John being at home all night....or even John being at the White's party?

But remember this.....White has refused to testify under oath twice...the GJ and the other trial...which he prefered to do jail time for.....

AND...No one came forward about Burke being up that morning during the 911 call....and they were all there....

Last edited: Jan 9, 2002
  2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Zan

Where did you get the reference to Ferni's depo? I wasn't aware it was available. Thanks.

3. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

JR-Tom Miller

Poster Mjenn at WS posted an excerpt of "John Fernie's sworn testimony at Tom Miller's trial:"...Sorry I guess I should have said "sworn testimony"....Don't know where to find the whole transcript of his testimony....

4. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

John on friends

23 A. Well, I got up, was showering, getting
    24 prepared for a trip that we would be leaving on
    25 early that morning. I heard Patsy scream. I

1 ran downstairs. She told me that JonBenet was
    2 missing, that there was a ransom note.
    3 She asked me, What should we do?
    4 I said, Call the police.
    5 Sometime during that frantic period,
    6 we checked on Burke. He appeared to be asleep
    7 to us. A uniformed officer arrives reasonably
    8 quickly, and I focussed all the energy I could
    9 focus on getting my daughter back from that point
    10 on.

*John leaves out the friends....

11 Q. When the police officer arrived, do
    12 you remember the name of the police officer?
    13 A. I think it was French was the first
    14 one there, Officer French.
    15 Q. Did you have an opportunity to observe
    16 what Officer French did at that point when he
    17 arrived? Did he speak to you?
    18 A. He spoke to me. I told him my
    19 daughter had been kidnapped. He said, Do you
    20 think she might have just run away?
    21 And I said, For heaven's sake, she is
    22 only six years old; no, I don't.
    23 He asked us all........(WHO?)

to, Patsy and I, to
    24 stay in the sunroom, ...(WHY DOESN'T HE SAY WHO ELSE???)which is a small room off
    25 our living room. So I didn't see all that he

1 did beyond that.
    2 Q. You say that he asked you to stay in
    3 the sunroom. Did you remain in the sunroom the
    4 whole morning?
    5 A. We did not. Other people arrived.
    6 The police arrived. They asked to use our cell
    7 phones because theirs were dead. They asked us
    8 to do a number of things that required us to
    9 leave that room.

Why does John stay away from the FRIENDS issue? He doesn't even say they were called...then he doesn't acknowlege them there before police....but they had to be...

Ferni said he saw the original note through a glass door on the floor....Ferni said the White's were there before him...and every one was there before police...cause....Ferni wouldn't have seen the note through the glass door.. on the floor if it was after French arrived....John in depo said...he gave the note to French....

From John's depo...

Q. Do you know -- well, first of all,
    4 were you ever given a copy of the ransom note?
    5 A. Patsy handed it to me that morning,
    6 yes.
    7 Q. Do you know what happened to the
    8 ransom note after Patsy handed it to you?
    9 A. I gave it to Officer French when he
    10 arrived.

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

Zan

WOW! These are awesome finds. I had seen the reference to the 3:00 a.m. thing John goofed on before. That, to me, has always been a no-brainer. But I didn't catch the one about Patsy not recalling if JB took a bath that night. Can someone alert Darnay? How about Beckner?

6. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Good job, Zan

John's depo had many more inconsistancies than Patsy's. Here
    s another one:

19 Q. Have you had occasion to be able to
    20 look at the knot that was tied around the
    21 so-called paintbrush garotte?
    22 A. I have not.
    5 Q. Okay. Do you know whether or not
    6 any -- if your private investigators hired anyone
    7 to look at the way in which that knot was made
    8 and to give a report on it?
    9 A. Not to my knowledge.

This was a professional killing device. This was not just a piece of string. You look at the picture on our Web site, this is a professional killing device.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0004/28/bp.00.html

7. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

..and another

Q. Do you know -- well, first of all,
    4 were you ever given a copy of the ransom note?
    5 A. Patsy handed it to me that morning,
    6 yes.

Well then... Where are the fingerprints??

Vargas: Is it possible that the parents could have handled the note and not left their fingerprints? Or that the paper for some reason didn’t retain that kind of print?

Thomas: Certainly. But then I think the argument can be made, then when the sergeant touched the same pad, he left a fingerprint on it. When the CBI examiner touched the same pad, he left a fingerprint on it. Patsy had left previous fingerprints on that pad, five that we identified. So that remains one of the mysteries in this case. How come there’s no identifiable fingerprints on this thing if one or both parents handled and grasped it that morning?

8. fly

fly Member

help me out here

Zan - Perhaps he doesn't mention the friends specifically because the questions didn't demand it? Obviously, the police know which friends were there when French arrived, and which came later but before Arndt. Although this might not be absolutely clear to the public, the people involved in the case know who was there. So, if it isn't a secret, why would JR lie? Of what importance is his failure to specifically mention the friends in response to those questions?

Nandee - Where is the inconsistency in the statement concerning JR's knowledge about whether <i>his PIs</i> had hired a knot expert? The DA/police hired the Canadian knot expert, if that's why you think it is an inconsistency.

Angel - When did JR say he'd never, ever read the note? PR and the housekeeper reportedly had to copy sections of it for handwriting analysis, so I suspect JR did too. Any comments I can recall (correct me if my memory is wrong) concerning JR or PR not having read the note related only to the events of that morning - usually in regards to the time at which they made the 911 call. I sure can't recall any statement by JR that he's never read the note at any time in the past 5 years.

9. Thor

Thor Active Member

Yes Angel

Patsy did kind of a gymnastics turn on those spiral stairs (all the while thinking it was a note from LHP reminding her of her loan) and acrobatically turned around without stepping on it. And yeah, Linda would write her a 3 page note reminding her to leave the check. :drink:

10. Thor

Thor Active Member

Angel

And don't forget Lizard Tongue in his undies reading the note on his hands and knees. Sorry, I'm gonna puke now.

11. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

Fly

>>>Zan - Perhaps he doesn't mention the friends specifically because the questions didn't demand it? Obviously, the police know which friends were there when French arrived, and which came later but before Arndt. Although this might not be absolutely clear to the public, the people involved in the case know who was there. So, if it isn't a secret, why would JR lie? Of what importance is his failure to specifically mention the friends in response to those questions? <<<

Fly...John was asked....

17 Q. For a moment, I just want to direct
    18 you to the morning of December 26th. And to the
    19 degree that you can remember things today, I
    20 would like to ask you if you could just briefly
    21 summarize what happened when you got up that
    22 morning.

The friends should have been included in that summary...This is not the first time John has been asked to summarize that morning...He has been asked many times , why friends were even called over that morning...so it's not something likely to slip his mind...

John doesn't have a problem including and discussing friends...regarding the morning of the 26th... in interviews....but he does have a problem opening up that line of questioning UNDER OATH....

Why would he have a problem opening up that line of questioning?

IMO...

*Friends were called before police...

*He doesn't know when they were called....

*They were already there when he arrived...

*He had nothing to do with the calling of friends...

The last three are speculation of course....but not the first one...

Here's why....Friends, who supposedly were sleeping soundly at that early morning hour...had to...wake up...get dressed...discuss something about the call with their spouse...warm up the car...and travel to the Ram house....

Police on the other hand...were dressed ...prepared for emergency situations...and were able to respond right after the 911 call...BUT when French arrived...Friends were ALREADY there..

Which means...PR's frantic call was done in the presence of friends...so the drama in the call..."hurry Hurry Hurry hurry!" doesn't carry much weight anymore...ALSO friends would have been there when Burke got up to come down and ask questions...

12. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

fly

The question was:

19 Q. Have you had occasion to be able to
    20 look at the knot that was tied around the
    21 so-called paintbrush garotte?
    22 A. I have not.

John states under oath that he as not been able to look at the knot, so how does he know this: John: This was a professional killing device. This was not just a piece of string.

19 Q. -- do you know if that image ever
    20 appeared on your website?
    21 A. This is the first I have seen it. I
    22 don't usually look at that website.

John:You look at the picture on our Web site, this is a professional killing device.

13. purr

purr Active Member

"good stuff"

your posts are full of "good stuff".............
    ramsey inconsistencies..........

thanks for sharing........i had not read this kind of "good stuff" before.

now i am upset......to know the "friends" were there doing the 911 call.......and there when burke was up and awake.

it makes me think all the "friends" lied to the police.
    what do you all think???

why o' why have the ramseys never been arrested??

i am not an expert, but it seems to me......they have enough evidence to at least arrest them......and then convict them.

i mean.......people have been convicted without ever even finding the murdered body........what more do they need to arrest and convict them??

please, please share more inconsistencies..........they are
    "good stuff"!

14. Pybird

Pybird Member

If all or some of the friends were at the house prior to the 911 call why would they put Burke back to bed? Why would Burke be left alone in his bedroom until John and Fleet come to get him to go to the White' house? This does not make sense to me. IMO, most adults even under these circumstances would have realized Burke's fear and would have stayed with him every second that morning.

Also, is it fact or rumor that John can be heard during the 911 call telling Burke that they are not speaking to him?

15. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hi again

Hi Pybird.

Like everything else in this case it depends on who you believe.

According to Thomas' book when the tape was analyzed you could hear Burke saying "what did you find" and John saying "we're not talking to you"

Soooo what does Pete Holfsrom do. He takes it to another company and has the tape analyzed and claims the voice in the backgroud says "I scream at you".. What the...??

Several things here.

First thing the D.A.'s office tries to do is discredit what Thomas had found out however even the D.A.'s experts hear another voice on the tape. The question arises, "what is the other voice saying?"

The Ramsey's claim Burke was not up during the 911 call. They have said that Burke was awake that morning but they do not admit that he was around when they called the police.

So what makes more sense. John and Burke talking or an unkown voice saying "I scream at you?"

Pretty easy to decide don't you think?

Tricia

16. fly

fly Member

replies

Zan - JR was asked to "briefly summarize," not to account for everything. Certainly, he might have included the friends in his comments, but he didn't, and apparently Darnay wasn't concerned about that.

JR has made no secret that friends were called, and I strongly suspect that the police know exactly when they were called, too. If any interviewer asked the Ramseys point blank when the friends were called, I'll guess they would provide that info. That wasn't the main thrust of the depositions. The fact that he didn't mention it under oath is not very significant. The information is still out there, and if relevant, can be used in court.

Purr - IMO, the reason the Ramseys haven't been arrested is that there is enough evidence to establish reasonable doubt - most notably, the DNA - and nothing that definitively links them to the murder. Lots of things that MIGHT be evidence they did it, but with the problem of innocent reasons for the trace evidence, they aren't definitive. Also, if the prosecution's experts can't pretty confidently say PR or JR wrote the ransom note, there's no real chance of a conviction, IMO.

Pybird - My understanding is that the Ramseys supposedly didn't know Burke was awake, although they learned he had been when he admitted it, much later.

17. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

Fly---Cell phone

>>>JR has made no secret that friends were called, and I strongly suspect that the police know exactly when they were called, too. <<<

Johns cell phone calls are missing for ALL of Dec 96...While John's cell showed lots of activity for prior months...There were no calls shown for the month of Dec(ST).....Friends could have been called on John's cell....

Why does PR make it a point to say "house phone" when describing her calls on the morning of the 26th? Certainly they could have made calls on their "house phone" to their friends house AFTER calling 911....only to cover up that the friends were called before police...

There were VISITORS at both friends homes on Dec 26th...the White's and at the Ferni's....PR could have talked to anyone there to establish a "house phone" call to their residence after the 911 call....doesn't mean the White's and Ferni's were there...John Ferni arrived before his wife...so it is possible that Barbara could have answered that call(maybe.. maybe not..Coud have been a visitor)..while her husband was already at the Ram house....BUT...who answered the phone at the White's?

So the questions still remain ...Who answered the phone at those residences...White's and Ferni's when PR callled on the"house phone" after the 911...when they were already at the Ram house? And where are those missing cell phone calls for Dec 96.... who made them go missing...and WHY?

18. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

humm

The first thing I would do if I found one of my kids missing is hold tight to my other child....

If you buy their story, that they didn't know what happened, then the intruder could have still been in the house.

I would not have let Burke out of my sight.....

19. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

So true Nandee

I would definitely think the intruder was still in the house....and behave as you described....I'd arm myself...with something..

I don't think anyone would be able to pry my son or my husband from me...

The last thing I would do is leave my son upstairs where my daughter was supposedly taken from.....They didn't know how the intruder(ya right) got in....They didn't know if there was a latter outside her bedroom window...where "he or a she" could have came back in upstairs to grab their son....They didn't know if "he or a she" was hidingl in the basement....BUT John went wondering down there UNARMED...and with out notifying anyone he was going down there...right before 10am...Fleet did the same thing...

WHAT made Fleet think of the basement...when he went down earlier the first time....Why didn't Fleet trust the rn at that time? What was Fleet thinking at the time he went to the basement earlier that morning? He must have thought....something wasn't right regarding the situation he was dragged into....JMO

20. Harley

Harley Member

Since John's Cell Phone Records

were missing could they not have gotten phone records (cell or otherwise) for the friends that were there that morning . It would have a record I am assume of when the incoming call came in and who from. Would it not. Not sure how detailed of records the phone co. has.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice