Refuting the Judge's argument

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Apr 12, 2003.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

This is my response to this latest propaganda by Lou "I have to keep a low profile" Smit which has, apparently, conned a judge in Atlanta. Let's take a look:
    POINT ONE:

1."A rope was found in a brown paper sack and niether belonged to the Ramseys." This bag with a rope in it was, supposedly, found in the GUEST ROOM.

Typical. The Ramseys say the bag and rope didn't belong to them, and we're expected to just take it as the gospel. BILLSMIT. Oj never hear of Bruno Mali shoes either.

Moving on--Please note that this article DOES NOT SAY THAT THE ROPE SUPPOSEDLY FOUND IN THE BAG MATCHED THE ONE USED TO TIE UP AND STRANGLED JONBENET. Why not? If it matched the garrote, believe me, Lou Smit would have been crowing about that.

For six years, Ramsey defenders have whined that NO ROPE IN THE RAMSEY HOUSE MATCHED THE GARROTE--it's been one of their biggest defense arguments. SO now they imply this other rope is connected to the crime? Uh-uh.

Bullsmit.

Now let's go a little further into the absurd: This was a 6 YO girl, who wieghed what was it, forty lbs? This intruder needed to tie her up to remove her from that home? Why not grab her and get out of there? Absolutely PREPOSTEROUS. Especially if you believe Smit's stun gun crapola--she was already incapacitated. And why strangle her in the home? What about the ransom note? Was this a murder or a ransom kidnapping? This intruder had to tie her up to take her to the basement to strangle her and leave her there? Why the sexual injuries if it was a kidnapping?

Does that really make sense to anyone here? Come on.

What is implied here is that the bag was part of an intruder's "rape kit" which is FBI speak for a collection of items a rapist brings with him to help commit the act. Fair enough. Unfortunately for that theory:

A. This was a kidnapping, not a rape. No semen, but we do have a ransom note.

B. Just because the R's say that bag and rope didn't belong to them doesn't mean it didn't. Remember the "mysterious teddy bear" that made made Patsy "turn white" as she bellowed in terror? You know the one she knew damn well JBR won in the pageant? Come on.

Later in this article, they discuss the fact that pieces of "brown sack material" were found in the body bag and in JBR's bed. Once again, have those tiny pieces consistant with the bag in the other room? More manipulative wording. Besides, the pieces were so small, no one noticed them until the vaccuum bag (the cops vaccummed her bed for forensic material) was analyzed at the lab. What did the intruder do? Stand there and shred the bag into tiny bits? Why? What was he doing that for?

Or is a better explanation that this is just some stray refuse--maybe JBR shredded a bag at some point as little kids do?

Have these tiny bits been linked via forensics to the bag in the other room? Nope. Was DNA testing done on the bag and rope, showing DNA not belonging to a family member? Not that I've ever read. Trust me we'd have heard of it by now.

More...

2. BobC

Point Two:

"fibers consistant with the garrote were found in JBR's bed."

IMPORTANT: Notice how these weasels are very quick to point out that forensic analysis of the fibers connected the fibers to the garrote. Why not cite a forensic connection from the afore-mentioned bag and the bag pieces in JBR's bed? because there isn't one, perhaps?

The next part in the story is absolutely absurd--it says finding garrote fibers in the bed means the crime started there, thus "damaging" the Patsy did it theory.

HUH? How does that damage the theory? That is one magical jump in thinking! Howabout this: Patsy started to stage the scene in the bedroom (where, incidently, no one questions the crime started) with the garrote, got paranoid that someone heard something, so she simply moved everything downstairs? OR another Patsy scenario is that after doing the garrote thing in the basement, she had fibers on her when she went BACK upstairs to change the bed, and there was a secondary transfer.

None of this is rocket science folks. The fact that these tiny, tiny, microscopic fibers made it there, yet no hair or saliva or semen or skin cells from an intruder DID, says a LOT.

3. BobC

POINT THREE

"At least seven windows and one door were found open."

More manipulative wording. They were unlocked, not "open." The only window that was actually OPEN was the one in the basement, which, we know, JR noticed at ten AM but didn't bother telling cops about. Hmmmmm. The article goes on to explain how ONE leaf was found in the wine cellar along with styrofoam packing stuff.

Listen guys--I've seen this window and grate with my own eyes, and it was over an inch deep IN LEAVES AND CRAP. John and Patsy both admitted this window pane had been smashed for months and unrepaired. So leaves and other stuff blew in! BFD. MONTHS went by where that was undoubtedly happening, and yet it is MORE LOGICAL to Ramsey Fans that one intruder, Entering ONE TIME, is the only possible way for that leaf to be there? John Ramsey, in his police interrogations, admitted to leaving that window open ALL THE TIME because the basement got hot in the winter.

So what's the big mystery?

I'll tell you what the big mystery is: There is no fiber evidence in the window well, and the well is about a foot wide. You have to drop down about three or four feet, and then angle yourself at nearly 90 degress to go through that window,so leaving nothing behind is absurd.

Plus-let's not forget that a chair was found IN FRONT OF THE DOOR TO THE BASEMENT WINDOW IN QUESTION. It remained there AFTER THE "intruder went back out the way he came!

Come on. This isn't rocket science.

Come on.

4. BobC

One fact never mentioned, is the fact that there was patchy snow, which means WETNESS, on the ground outside and in the window well. An intruder entering from outside would have wet feet, as well as a wet butt from sliding through that window. Wet shoes walking across a dry basement floor EQUALS FOOTPRINTS, FOLKS! Even if by some miracle a person didn't have mud on his shoes, they'd still have to be wet, and this wetness would have congieled (sp) the dust on the basement floor, making footprints. Yet none were foundcoming from the window.

Why not?

5. BobC

POINT FIVE

5. "Basement lights were found on in the basement at 6:15."

Is this a joke? This is evidence of an intruder? How?

Jesus.

6. BobC

Point 6

6: "The butler's door between the basement and the kitchen was found ajar--the door was just yards away from the spiral staircase where the ransom note was found."

Did the intruder go out through the frikkin Butler's door or the frikkin basement window? Okay so let's say he went out through the butler's door--WHY THE HELL DID HE MAKE THE PIT-STOP IN THE BASEMENT WITH JONBENET iNSTEAD OF JUST TAKING OFF WITH HER OUT THE DOOR.

God I love this one, If anything is proof of Lou Smit being SENILE, this is it. For how many years has that dried up old buzzard made the peposterous claim that the killer took Jonbenet out the basment window to AVOID A BURGLAR ALARM?

Let me get this straight. Killer opens butler door, throws out bat (murder weapon with no blood, hair, or DNA on it from JBR or the killer), but decides it's not safe to run out that door with his collateral for the KIDNAPPING? huh?

Instead we go back down to the basement.

This is just the kind of thing that makes me think Smit couldn't possibly believe what is coming out of his own mouth.

Instead, I believe, he is PROTECTING HER.

This is all incoherent, inoonsistant "evidence" of an intruder--he has to know that.

7. BobC

Point SEVEN

The most disgusting thing of all is the last point. The judge saw the "gruesome" autopsy photos--and surmised that JBR's final moments were "painful and Terrifying" which, in the usual magical thinking when it comes to Patsy Ramsey, argued "against a mother's involvement."

Let's see. We have Darlie from Dallas hacking her two sons to death with a knife. We had Susan Smith strapping her two kids into a car and driving it into the lake. We have parents here in Austin who removed their kid's penis because he wet the bed.

And yet this judge says it doesn't happen? Well that's not exactly what she's saying--she's saying socialite, wealthy, former beauty queen Patsy couldn't possibly have done it because she's just so fabulous.

Unbelieveable. People flip out every day and kill their kills. Rich, poor, young, old, white, black and inbetween. It's a fact.

This article also innaccurately states that the judeg saw "the case file." Which case file? The BPD's? Nope--not true.

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

BobC I swear you should have your own spot.

Bob's Corner. Required reading by all in LE..

BobC actually I want you to have your own talk show.

"Ramsey Talk"...LOL...now that would be wild.

9. BobC

Thanks Tricia

Notice that none of this stuff, when it's all put together, makes any sense.

10. Thor

Thor Active Member

Yep, BobC, this is all unbelievable. Good job, I couldn't agree with you more. This case needs to be taken over by a new investigator, away from Boulder.

11. BobC

AND ANOTHER THING

Suddenly every door and window is wide open, in the Ramsey's revised version of history, but let's see what John Ramsey himself said on the day of the crime:

From John Ramsey's deposition:

4 Q. Do you remember ever telling any law
    5 enforcement officer that the house had been
    6 secured before you went to bed that night?
    7 A. I remember telling, I believe it was
    8 Linda Arndt, that I thought all the doors were
    9 locked, and I didn't understand how someone could
    10 have gotten in. Of course, I learned later that
    11 one of the doors was found wide open.

12. 5JOE5

5JOE5 Member

Ramsey warrant dated January 30, 1997

I post below parts of the warrant I found telling.

Whitson told Your Affiant that he spoke to John Ramsey who identified himself as the owner of the residence and the father of JonBenet Ramsey who he reported was now missing. Seargeant Witson told Your Affiant that Jon Ramsey stated to him that all the doors to the residence were locked when he and his family went to bed on the previous evening of December 25, 1996. Seargeant Whitson told Your Affiant that John Ramsey told him that the doors were still locked this morning when they discovered the child was missing. Detective Linda Arndt told Your Affiant that John Ramsey stated to her that his daughter is six years old and that he last saw her at approximately 2200 hours on December 25, 1996.

On December 28, 1996 Your Affiant saw a computer, monitor, mouse, printer, and removable computer storage media. your Affiant saw this equipment in the play room area on the second floor of the Ramsey residence at 755 15 Street, Boulder Colorado. Your Affiant knows that Officer Yamaguchi of the Boulder Police Department was helping in the search of the Ramsey residence. Officer Yamaguchi told Your Affiant that he saw a modem near the computer that was in the play room area of the residence. Officer Yamaguchi told Your Affiant that he saw a manual on Compuserve and Compuserve discs located in the office of the Ramsey residence. Officer Yamaguchi told Your Affiant that he has several years experience in the operation of computers an that he has five years experience as a consultant in the use of computers, software, and the Internet. He further stated that, using his personal computer, he found that John Ramsey in Boulder, Colorado was a subscriber to Compuserve. Officer Yamaguchi told Your Affiant that Compuserve is a company that provides access to the Internet

13. AK

AK Member

Thanks, BobC

I'm so glad to have your analysis -- it'll save me the pain of reading the piece. Thanks to you, I also didn't have to wade thru the NE book. You really zero in on the important bits, and do it up with style!

Thanks to you too, 5Joe5, for that post.

14. MaryW

MaryW Member

The one thing on Judge Carnes's Order that did bother me is that apparently Chris Wolf's handwriting also could not be exculded. My personal guess is that this was the opinion of only one of the handwriting analysts and it was one of those hired and paid by the Ramseys. However, based on statements that the Ramseys have been made and part of the court filings made by the Ramseys I read on the web I believe that this one person found Chris Wolf's handwriting to be a closer match to the ransom note than Patsy's. Don't get me wrong; I believe that the Order is a joke but I do believe that the statement made by Steve Thomas so many times--- that Patsy was the only person tested who could not be eliminated as the ransom note author-- is simply not true. As a matter of fact I checked Steve Thomas's book last night on this point and what he writes is that the only person who could not be eliminated as the ransom note author WHO WAS KNOWN TO BE IN THE HOUSE THAT NIGHT was Patsy. Pretty big qualification-- not what he later said in interviews-- definetely makes him look bad in my opinion.

15. BobC

Mary it was always my assumption that Thomas was talking about the experts he knew of--which did not necessarily include the Ramsey's experts.

As Chris Darden once said, you can find and pay a expert who will testify one way or another on any subject or piece of evidence and from what I've seen that is a fact. So I say forget the experts, and look at the hand-writing itself. When I look at the samples from the ransom note against Patsy's, and then throw in the colloquialisms like "good southern common sense," and then add to that the similarities in margins and phrasing, well it is IMO an open and shut case.

Plus the note was found inside a home that was completely secure, according to John Ramsey that morning, along with the body. Connecting the dots is not difficult.

16. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Bob C....

You bring up some great points, particularly about the ransom note....in my mind the strongest piece of evidence against the Ramseys in the entire case.....what were the judge and DA thinking when they made the recent Ramsey's are innocent statements....can't believe that either of them have ever read and carefully studied the ransom note or they would not be able to make those statements!

Also....left a message for you over on today's daily....let me know K?
    Voyager

17. MaryW

MaryW Member

I agree with you Bob about the note speaking for itself-- one look at Patsy's left hand writing exemplar next to the ransom note and it is obvious that these were written by the same person. However, I still think Steve Thomas lied in his interviews and it can be easily proved. He would always tie two thoughts together-- that Patsy was allegedly the only individual out of those tested who could not be eliminated as the author of the ransom note and that even the Ramseys' own experts could not exclude her. he always clearly indicted knowledge of the contents of the analysis done by the Ramsey experts. Add to that the statement in his book that Patsy was the only indivudual who could not be excluded who WAS KNOWN TO BE IN THE HOUSE THAT NIGHT. This significant exclusion, when examined in light of the statement in the Judge's Order that Chris Wolf also could not be excluded as the ransom note author (although she could not give the details-- a common ploy of hers-- I strongly suspect that this was the opinion of only one and that it was a Ramsey expert) suggest that Steve Thomas did know about this and simply did not tell the truth in his interviews.

I consider this to be a negative development in light of the rather bizarre turn the entire matter has taken recently. Steve Thomas was one of the few who seemed willing to take on the Ramseys. If it can be proved that he lied in interviews about a significant point it is quite bad for the situation especially at the current juncture.

18. BobC

And hence the problem with hired "experts!" Why does everything gotta be such a pain in the rump roast? I think you should just be able to waltz into a courtroom, make wild, unfounded accusations, like "See her over there--MOMMIE DID IT!!! Now run along little jury members and VOTE!! NOW!!"

See how good I am with legal matters?

19. BobC

My legal analysis is breath-taking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice