A Call to Action

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

My friends we need your help big time.

Ginja contacted me today. Ryan Ross, the author of the Crime Magazine news article, suggested Ginja and I connect through e-mail. We did. Ginja and I are joining forces to accomplish something that needs to be done. However we can't do it without everyone’s help.

We need to do is get a petition together asking Gov. Owens again for a special prosecutor.

We need FFJ members to not only sign the petition but to help us with the wording. I really need your ideas. We need to make sure the verbiage is just right. Our goal is a special prosecutor. AGAIN....After Keenan's outrages statements and the appearance of a Quid Pro Quo agreement with Wood I am hoping this time it will be an easier argument.

The petition needs to be sharp, short and direct. We need to state our case in a few lines.

We will be doing this at www.petitiononline.com/petition.html

So think about what the petition should say. Post thoughts and idea's here please.

I know some think that an Internet petition won't work or that nobody cares. If you are thinking along those lines you are wrong.

We will be doing certain things to make sure our cause gets attention. However the best thing all of us can do is, after the petition is up, make all your friends and family aware of it and ask them to participate.

As Ginja pointed out this case needs to go to another DA in the area. An office with bigger resources and more experience.

I can't imagine the Ramsey's not wanting this case to go to a bigger and better office can you?

Remember the special prosecutor will have the same evidence at his or her fingertips that Keenan does. However this prosecutor will not have the baggage that Keenan has. This prosecutor will not have to issue press releases that appease Lin Wood. This prosecutor won't worry about a lawsuit.

Remember the evidence is the same. However the appearance of impropriety will be gone if the case is taken from Keenan.

OK I know it's a long shot but look at it this way.

Not only is it our chance to make a difference but also we can all pull together. All the forums. All the people. We can all come together and not only make a difference in finding justice but we can also show a certain attorney that we can do this.

This will not just be FFJ although the petition will be listed under FFJ. This will be everyone.

Lin Wood doesn't need to "pity" us. Wood needs to worry about the Pandora's box he opened up in the last 48 hours.

To motivate you let me leave you with Lin's parting paragraph to me:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I prefer not to receive any more e-mails from people who apparently have so much free time on their hands that they become obsessed playing amateur detective. Personally, I think people who immerse themselves in this case on the Internet are disturbed individuals who must not have much of a life and are to be pitied."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, totally yeh

What needs to be made clear in the petition is that Mary Keenan has shown in her statement regarding the judge's decision in the Wolf case that she can no longer be objective regarding the JBR case. Furthermore, Keenan has damaged an open murder case by publicly stating her opinion on the case during an ongoing investigation that has not been completed - an investigation that she now controls.

While, perhaps, a fresh look at the evidence by different investigators may have been a good idea, giving the Boulder DA's office, which has been at odds with the BPD from day one and has been involved in some questionable dealings of its own, total control over the new investigation only invites more of the same questionable, and secret, actions. One example was bringing a Ramsey investigator, Lou Smit, who has been a very public advocator and convoluter of facts into the new "investigation." Smit proved he could not be trusted when he walked off with police evidence and revealed it to the world. Why, then, would they invite this same man back to do more of the same? It is insane.

3. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Suggestions :)

I think that Lou Smit's own suggestion should be considered myself where he quotes, "Let somebody else in there that can objectively take a look at that case."

During this 05-28-2001 interview on the Larry King Live show, Mr. Smit was showing his Power Point Presentation and during this show Mr. Smit admitted that the information he was giving was based on his "hypothsis." This was the same Power Point Presentation quite obviously used by Judge Carnes in her own conclusion theory regarding an Intruder.

=================================
    Larry King Live with Lou Smit May 28, 2001
    http://www.acandyrose.com/05282001lklsmit.htm

KING: "Where do we go from here?"

SMIT: "I believe that what should be done, even at this time, they have worn the Ramsey path out, I believe that perhaps they should get in fresh minds and fresh eyes, experienced people that can take a look at this case with an unbiased view point. That means getting rid of perhaps even the detectives that are working on it now. Getting rid of Lou Smit. Let somebody else in there that can objectively take a look at that case."
    =================================

I have highlighted several quotes from Mr. Smit on this web site below as reference. It's about half way down the web page.

http://www.acandyrose.com/ramseycase-quotes1.htm

As you will note, all of Mr. Smit's "Perhaps" suggestions from his "hypothsis" during the LKL show of 05-28-2001 suddenly became "fact" in the Carnes order.

Just my suggestion :)

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I doubt that a man who is older than most mountain ranges should be talking about "fresh minds."

Has anyone noticed that what Lou Smit says here about wearing out the Ramsey "path" is practically word for word what Mary Keenan said in "her" statement? How very odd.

"I have to keep a low profile."

And what is all this crap about objectivity? It's been six frikkin years. If you don't have an opinion about what the evidence suggests, then you must be brain-dead.

5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Hi Tricia......

My opinion of what the petition should be composed of is this....

First of all the wording and paragraphs should be simple and well organized....easy to read, both for the people signing the petition and for the Gov. to read and consider....

Then I think that the emphasis should be on Justice.....Justice for a particular littl girl who was sexually abused and murdered and who has been waiting over 6 yrs. for justice for the horrendous crime committed against her.....

Justice as a public example of protecting the children in our society....that no child murder or molestation shall go unpunished.....crimes against children in this nation are prevelant and often go unpunished.....they are the most vulnerable victims in our society, and they often are treated as a "different" category when they are beaten, raped, or murdered.....

As in our own state, where the incidence of child abuse is very high, I have read in the newspaper many times....that a parent or family member has comitted "child abuse resulting in death"......why is the life of a child less valuable than that of an adult?.....Why is their trauma and suffering less worthy of note and prosecution? Is there still the ancient tradition that a child "belongs" to their family and the family may do with the child as they please, no matter how degarding or harmful their actions might be?

And again, the same Justice for everyone....No seperate Justice for the wealthy.....from the very beginning of the investigation of this crime, the Ramseys were given special privileges because of their position and wealth....They were given special consideration by being allowed to have all of their friends in to invade the crime scene, they were not immediately separated and interrogated, and made to take a polygraph test......

They were allowed to send their agent (Aunt Pam) to the home of the crime to remove any possessions she chose without supervision, possibly including evidence of the crime......They were not even forced to turn over the clothing they wore the night of the murder until almost a year later, delaying the identification of fiber evidence in the case for many months.....

The Ramseys have been allowed to manipulate members of the press, the BPD, and the DA's office because of their wealth and their standing in the community.....a person of less reputation, and substance would never have been allowed to get away with that sort of manipulation.....

I think in the petition, it should be emphasized that there is the public perception that Colorado, and in particular, Boulder, seems to have a Justice for the Rich and a Justice for the poor....for example.....the Ramseys on one end of the scale, and someone like Chris Wolfe on the other end of the scale....

Yes, I think the idea of Justice and the word Justice should be what holds the whole petition together and that it be done on as positive not as possible.....Strong positive statements, not whining if you know what I mean.....with the Ramsey case it is surely easy to digress into just that......

Voyager

6. Tricia

Voyager that is a great idea. Justice as the emphasis.

ACR as always your incredible ability to find case players words helps everyone with Justice.

WY absolutely. Keenan's own press statements will come back to haunt her.

BobC I doubt if we can fit in the phrase " a man who is older than most mountain ranges" but hey, we'll give it a shot :)

7. Vic

Vic Active Member

Yes

Justice should be the emphasis. And the obstruction of Justice should get a paragraph too.

As Voyager said, "They were not even forced to turn over the clothing they wore the night of the murder until almost a year later, delaying the identification of fiber evidence in the case for many months..... "

It didn't delay that aspect of the investigation, it rendered it virtually useless. Who had the responsibility for that? I'm sure it will be blamed on the attorneys who were "advising" them but it wasn't those attorney's dead child in the basement.

I don't know how to do this without writing a book - there is way too much to touch on every point, isn't there? Luckily, there are some really great writers here (and there) that are completely up for the job.

You write it, I'll sign it. Real name. You go, people.

8. Tricia

That's one thing we really have to consider Vic. This is going to be tough to write. We have to write it so it explains why we want the case taken from Keenan without bogging down the whole thing.

Add to that we have to write it like it's the first time anyone has heard any information on the case. Meaning we want it to be so strong yet short and simple that even if you know nothing about the case you will feel compelled to sign it.

I think we should let BobC write it.

juuuuust kidding.

9. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

As my posts today show I've not been blessed with the gift of speech so I'll leave that to more articulate people. :D

Just let me know where to sign and I'll be sure that all my kin sign also.......whether they know it or not. lol

10. BobC

Do NOT get the tabloids this week. Unless you want to go postal!

11. Tricia

Everyone please welcome Susan Bennet to our call to action thread. :clap: :clap:

Thank you again Susan for betraying the Ramsey's. It has helped us a great deal.

Bye Bye now

12. BobC

She's probably wanting to see our reactions to the latest tabloids. Can we get a little smiley face which is raising a stiff middle finger?

13. Vic

Vic Active Member

BobC

I am SO shocked! NOT! Smiley faces and middle fingers.... a study in opposites!

By the way, where the hel! have you been? How's the new job?

Tabloid Smabloid, we know where they get their information, don't we?

I am giddy with irony - it's everywhere.

14. BobC

I am naturally rebellious, Vic. If someone tries to tell me or others what we can or cannot link to, my first reaction is to extend my stiff middle finger. That being said, I think we've given Lin Wood enough attention. God knows no one else is! The best thing to do is just ignore him.

15. Tricia

Guys just wanted to update you on the project. It's going quite well. Better than expected but will take longer that we thought as well.

Hang in there. I'll be back with updates.

16. Tricia

I am going to "unstick" this thread.

The Project couldn't have been done without all of you and of couse we must thank Jameson.

Jameson if it weren't for you and your Judas ways we wouldn't have been able to complete the project. Thank you again. I bet Lin Wood will really thank you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice