Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Clues in the note

One explanation given for the writing of the note has been...that the killer wanted to divert attention away from his/her self...

*Well the note certainly did divert attention ...and provide reasonable doubt regarding the parents involvement...However...would an intruder want to point to him/her self?

-----------------------------------

An explanation that I have pondered is that the killer needed to explain the dead body in the house.....'you didn't follow my instructions...therefore...your daughter is dead'

*The note says to..." follow our instructions to the letter" OR "Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter"...AND the R's didn't follow intructions...from the get go...and hence their daughter would be found dead....

The only problem I have with this explanation for the note...would be that.... the perp would have to be there making sure instructions were not followed....(but maybe the perp WAS there and made sure instructions were not followed)

--------------------------------------

Recently I have come to believe that another purpose(or maybe the only purpose) for the note.... was to give out clues regarding the murder....I believe this perp loves to give out clues...and did so in the note....and as I pointed out on other threads....via pictures....

*One of the clues.... I think.... was the mention of the SAFE....I think it was to tell John where to find JB...He would have known were the safe was located(in the body room)

"She is safe and unharmed "

I am still looking for more clues in the note....and am wondering about the break down of the money...

"You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills"

I have recently learned that the slang for $100,000 in a stack $100 bills...is refered to as a "brick"....LONG SHOT...don't know if that means anything here...but since JB was hit with something...I wonder if that was a clue to one of the weapons....

Does anyone know if there were any bricks found around the R's home inside or out? If it was a possible weapon...I would think it was covered when the perp used it...so as not to break the skin...

Also...interested in any other clues you have found in the note....

Default Good thread,

I have always wondered... why did the perp threaten to "Behead" JonBenet... and then 'Strangled' her to death, with a lethal headblow?

Why not just threaten to kill, or strangle or bash? Behead involves the neck, as does strangulation. A fixation on the neck injury? Did the perp forget to bring it's guilatine or ax and have to settle for strangulation instead? To me this shows the note was written after JB was dead, by a killer trying to explain away JonBenet's injuries. Why would a perp care?

Default my take

They wanted the note to point away from them.... Most people would say no parent would ever write that about their own child....

But they did!!
    When you defend the indefensible, you make the Ramsey's look even more guilty.....

Default Zan

"

The only problem I have with this explanation for the note...would be that.... the perp
    would have to be there making sure instructions were not followed....(but maybe the
    perp WAS there and made sure instructions were not followed) "

This statement makes sense. The perp was there...If a person is told their child will die if you call anyone, why would you call on your regular phone and have all your friends come over so IF you were being watched, that would mean the death of your child?

Wouldn't you be a little more discreet at first?? CAll the FBI? a friend to call for help? Why would you just call any ole person on 911?

I think that "beheaded" part was added for the dramatics..and who do we know that is like that??

Default Showme

I like your take on the "beheading" ....the perp having to consentrate on the neck area...to explain it...and as 1000sparks said to add drama...

Also in the Bible, there is a reference to another type of beheading....where the neck is sperated from the head but not actually severed....

Leviticus 5
    and wring off his head from his neck, but shall not divide it asunder:(KJV)

Default Thanks Zan

and I think 1000 Sparks is right about the 'dramatic affect'... pardon the pun... but the whole note reeks of overkill. She dies...she dies...she dies...however we respect you John, not your bussiness though.

Another note oddity....foreign faction 'gentlemen?'

Default Right!

The note was 'overkill' just like the staging! Bump on head, garotte, tape on mouth, rope, blanket.........
    When you defend the indefensible, you make the Ramsey's look even more guilty.....

Default an adequate size attaché ?

from the rn...

"You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attaché to the bank"

OK, on the show where I heard that 100,000 stacked by 100's was called a "brick"....I also saw how small the stack was....so.....900..20 dollar bills are left......Wouldn't that fit in a regular sized brief case?

Why did the perp feel the need to mention an adequate sized attaché?

We know, this wasn't a kidnapping..and no one was expecting any money....So why did the perp go into the "adequate sized attaché" biz? Could it have been a reference to the large blue suitcase in the basement? Like the reference to the "safe"...was this also telling John where to look for JB?

In D-O-Lie...or somewhere....John makes the statement that the blue suitcase was out of place....Where was it usually kept...perhaps in the windowless room? If so...I think John moved it under the window on his first trip to the basement... a little before 10am that morning... in his lame attempt to make it look as if an intruder was planning to exit through that window...the window John admits to breaking.....JMO

Default Weird...

You will take a fancy sleek attache' to the bank to get the money. Then you go home and put it in a brown paper bag. A plain old used brown paper (probably grocery store type) bag.

Cool looking container at the bank.... plain old bag at the home.

Zan... it does sound very suspicious for JonBenet to be found in the 'safe' wine room...( un harmed) . Wow.... it does seem as though Patsy is giving John clues! (It's up to you now John.)

Default picture?

Does anyone have a picture of the safe in the bodyroom....I believe it was in one of the tabs....

Default The Safe Pic

Default Nandee

Have you saved all the pictures you've seen? If so, what a great reference you are! I am lucky to save text, let alone a picture. Jamsy has had some good pictures of the house, like JB's bathroom that I never could figure out how to save. I would not ask hir for a drink of water if I were dying of thirst, however, so I always hope to find the picture I am thinking of somewhere else.

I saw a million dollars in 100's in Las Vegas, it's not that big of a pile. 118,00 is not a very big physical amount, it probably would fit in an "attache".

Does anyone call a briefcase an attache? I only see the word in print, I've never heard anyone call it that.

The note is (to me) simply an explaination necessary to account for JB's absence. You don't just lose or misplace a small child, an older child could have "run away." Patsy is dramatic, as she has demonstrated repeatedly, and hence, the need for a confessional ransom note. I'm sure she's sorry she accidently killed her daughter, but heck, it wasn't really her fault. And people might think bad of her. Her friends might not look up to her anymore. Her mom would chew her out and be dissapointed in her. And John would be especially ****ed. And God... well, tomorrow's another day, she'll deal with that later..