Clues in the note

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Zan, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

One explanation given for the writing of the note has been...that the killer wanted to divert attention away from his/her self...

*Well the note certainly did divert attention ...and provide reasonable doubt regarding the parents involvement...However...would an intruder want to point to him/her self?

-----------------------------------

An explanation that I have pondered is that the killer needed to explain the dead body in the house.....'you didn't follow my instructions...therefore...your daughter is dead'

*The note says to..." follow our instructions to the letter" OR "Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter"...AND the R's didn't follow intructions...from the get go...and hence their daughter would be found dead....

The only problem I have with this explanation for the note...would be that.... the perp would have to be there making sure instructions were not followed....(but maybe the perp WAS there and made sure instructions were not followed)

--------------------------------------

Recently I have come to believe that another purpose(or maybe the only purpose) for the note.... was to give out clues regarding the murder....I believe this perp loves to give out clues...and did so in the note....and as I pointed out on other threads....via pictures....

*One of the clues.... I think.... was the mention of the SAFE....I think it was to tell John where to find JB...He would have known were the safe was located(in the body room)

"She is safe and unharmed "

I am still looking for more clues in the note....and am wondering about the break down of the money...

"You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills"

I have recently learned that the slang for $100,000 in a stack $100 bills...is refered to as a "brick"....LONG SHOT...don't know if that means anything here...but since JB was hit with something...I wonder if that was a clue to one of the weapons....

Does anyone know if there were any bricks found around the R's home inside or out? If it was a possible weapon...I would think it was covered when the perp used it...so as not to break the skin...

Also...interested in any other clues you have found in the note....

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Good thread,

I have always wondered... why did the perp threaten to "Behead" JonBenet... and then 'Strangled' her to death, with a lethal headblow?

Why not just threaten to kill, or strangle or bash? Behead involves the neck, as does strangulation. A fixation on the neck injury? Did the perp forget to bring it's guilatine or ax and have to settle for strangulation instead? To me this shows the note was written after JB was dead, by a killer trying to explain away JonBenet's injuries. Why would a perp care?

3. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

my take

They wanted the note to point away from them.... Most people would say no parent would ever write that about their own child....

But they did!!

4. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Zan

"

The only problem I have with this explanation for the note...would be that.... the perp
    would have to be there making sure instructions were not followed....(but maybe the
    perp WAS there and made sure instructions were not followed) "

This statement makes sense. The perp was there...If a person is told their child will die if you call anyone, why would you call on your regular phone and have all your friends come over so IF you were being watched, that would mean the death of your child?

Wouldn't you be a little more discreet at first?? CAll the FBI? a friend to call for help? Why would you just call any ole person on 911?

I think that "beheaded" part was added for the dramatics..and who do we know that is like that??

5. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

Showme

I like your take on the "beheading" ....the perp having to consentrate on the neck area...to explain it...and as 1000sparks said to add drama...

Also in the Bible, there is a reference to another type of beheading....where the neck is sperated from the head but not actually severed....

Leviticus 5
    and wring off his head from his neck, but shall not divide it asunder:(KJV)

6. Show Me

Thanks Zan

and I think 1000 Sparks is right about the 'dramatic affect'... pardon the pun... but the whole note reeks of overkill. She dies...she dies...she dies...however we respect you John, not your bussiness though.

Another note oddity....foreign faction 'gentlemen?'

7. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Right!

The note was 'overkill' just like the staging! Bump on head, garotte, tape on mouth, rope, blanket.........

8. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

an adequate size attaché ?

from the rn...

"You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attaché to the bank"

OK, on the show where I heard that 100,000 stacked by 100's was called a "brick"....I also saw how small the stack was....so.....900..20 dollar bills are left......Wouldn't that fit in a regular sized brief case?

Why did the perp feel the need to mention an adequate sized attaché?

We know, this wasn't a kidnapping..and no one was expecting any money....So why did the perp go into the "adequate sized attaché" biz? Could it have been a reference to the large blue suitcase in the basement? Like the reference to the "safe"...was this also telling John where to look for JB?

In D-O-Lie...or somewhere....John makes the statement that the blue suitcase was out of place....Where was it usually kept...perhaps in the windowless room? If so...I think John moved it under the window on his first trip to the basement... a little before 10am that morning... in his lame attempt to make it look as if an intruder was planning to exit through that window...the window John admits to breaking.....JMO

9. Show Me

Weird...

You will take a fancy sleek attache' to the bank to get the money. Then you go home and put it in a brown paper bag. A plain old used brown paper (probably grocery store type) bag.

Cool looking container at the bank.... plain old bag at the home.

Zan... it does sound very suspicious for JonBenet to be found in the 'safe' wine room...( un harmed) . Wow.... it does seem as though Patsy is giving John clues! (It's up to you now John.)

10. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

picture?

Does anyone have a picture of the safe in the bodyroom....I believe it was in one of the tabs....

11. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

Nandee

Have you saved all the pictures you've seen? If so, what a great reference you are! I am lucky to save text, let alone a picture. Jamsy has had some good pictures of the house, like JB's bathroom that I never could figure out how to save. I would not ask hir for a drink of water if I were dying of thirst, however, so I always hope to find the picture I am thinking of somewhere else.

I saw a million dollars in 100's in Las Vegas, it's not that big of a pile. 118,00 is not a very big physical amount, it probably would fit in an "attache".

Does anyone call a briefcase an attache? I only see the word in print, I've never heard anyone call it that.

The note is (to me) simply an explaination necessary to account for JB's absence. You don't just lose or misplace a small child, an older child could have "run away." Patsy is dramatic, as she has demonstrated repeatedly, and hence, the need for a confessional ransom note. I'm sure she's sorry she accidently killed her daughter, but heck, it wasn't really her fault. And people might think bad of her. Her friends might not look up to her anymore. Her mom would chew her out and be dissapointed in her. And John would be especially ****ed. And God... well, tomorrow's another day, she'll deal with that later..

13. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

Thanks Nandee!

Thanks for the pic Nandee....Do you also have a pic of the fireplace tool that was also in the body room? The instrument used to grab the fire wood...

I was thinking...

If that was the weapon used to strike JB in the head...that little spike that protrudes from the center and curves down...could be what caused the dislocation of that tiny bit of scalp on the top of JB's head toward the front...if she was struck from behind...I wonder what the measurements are for the tip of that middle piece on the fire wood grabber...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2002
  14. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

15. CMS

CMS Banned

Kansas

I have feeling I'm not in Kansas anymore. Thanks for the invite Nandee. Hi zan, Hi Camper. Just a quick hit and run in case you haven't read my latest brrrrrilliant post at WS: I think a correlation can be drawn between the rn and the wounds to the body in that the rn is a collection of words and phrases from movies, books and people Patsy knew. The attacks on the body can also be seen as a collection from descriptions of crimes in Mind Hunter. The "kill twice" nature of the head blow and strangulation, along with the weak vaginal abuse, cartoonish duct tape application, uncharacteristic blanket wrapping and ineffectual wrist ligature are not consistent with any crime type. What is mistaken by many as staging is really collecting of pieces of crimes from a literary source. The fact that The Psalms and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie show up in the rn and in Patsy's life in general precludes literature as the source for staging for staging's sake. zan may well be right that Patsy left clues and is not beyond mocking.

16. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Welcome CMS...

Posters put your seat belts on... CMS will take your mind places it's never been before!!

17. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

hi

Welcome CMS

Ok I am totally confused. What are you talking about the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and the Psalms showing up in the ransom note.

I have missed this.

Help dis-confuse me please.

Thanks again and welcome

Tricia

18. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

OH Boy!

CMS is here....Good to see ya! please re-post your Jean Brodie thread over here....thanks....

Thanks for the pics Nandee!

19. Zan

Zan FFJ Senior Member

CMS >Mind Hunter

I've read Mind Hunter..and I think PR took from the Nicole Singer case....regarding the need to show comunication from the kidnapper...There are many other ideas taken from the book......Could you cite some other cases we might take a look at in the book to compare to the crime.....

20. CMS

CMS Banned

Miss Brodie

First Miss Brodie. Patsy delivered a soliloquey from The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie in the talent portion of two of her pageants. On the chance there was an unconscious identification with a character or storyline on Patsy's part I watched the movie and read the book. The movie mentions Miss B's sacrifice and through the Seraph report and the unrealistic demand of $118k and the connection between S.B.T.C and the open Bible in the home to Psalms 35 I concluded Patsy was a psychotic that transfered her infantile retentive resistance to maturity onto JonBenet'. A sacrifice is demanded in the Psalms in thanks for divine intervention and continued divine presence. In the book TPOMJB, Sandy goes through a moral transformation, dis-identifies from Miss B, betrays her and becomes a nun. The pattern is similar: moral dilema, sacrifice, union with the divine. Intruders, pineapple, internal growth, attache', open window, victory, gratification of sex by proxy and the question of the spelling of possession can be found in TPOMJB as well as descriptions of Miss Brodie's and Sandy's character that exemplify the split in Patsy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice