FFJ Ramsey Case Petition - Presented to Governor Owens of Colorado on April 30, 2004

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

We encourage everyone who believes in fair and equal justice to sign our petition asking for a special prosecutor in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

When you sign our petition you have to put down a name and a real email. No free email addresses allowed. You will have an option of hiding your email from public view. Your email will not be sold or otherwise disclosed to anyone.

Please take a moment and read the petition below with the link to the petition site. The next post is the official "Press Release". Don't hesitate to notify anyone you know in the media about our cause.

Anyone on the internet has my full permission to take the press release and petition to post elsewhere as long as you post both in their entirety with no changes whatsoever. The link to the petition site must be included.

Thank you.

Tricia Griffith
    Owner, Forums for Justice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  2. Tricia

Petition Presented to the Governor of Colorado

We had a very successful trip to Denver.

On Friday April 30th, 7 years to the day John and Patsy Ramsey sat down for their first interview with the police after the murder of JonBenet, Forums for Justice presented Colorado Bill Owens' chief legal counsel (Cynthia Honssigner)
    with our petition for a special prosecutor in the case.

The petition will remain up until a special prosecutor is appointed or the case is solved. We won't give up or go away.Feel free to sign it and pass it on. Here is the link.

http://www.petitiononline.com/jbr246/petition.html

Tricia

3. Tricia

Here is the text of the letter presented to Governor Owens.

April 30th 2004

Dear Governor Owens,

On behalf of the over 350 members world wide of Forums for Justice, I thank
    you for taking the time to look at our petition concerning the JonBenet
    Murder investigation.

Many years ago Author Aldous Huxley said:
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

If Huxley hadn't died in 1963 I would assume he was talking about the JonBenet Ramsey case.

JonBenet Ramsey deserves to have, once and for all, an unbiased team to investigate her murder.

The law is on your side. (Pease v. District Court, 708 P.2d 800 Colo. 1985)
    In fact the law dictates that your only choice is to appoint a special prosecutor in the Ramsey case.

Governor Owens, even if the law didn’t require you to take the case away from the obviously biased Mary Keenan you still would have the power to do the right thing.

Common sense dictates that if a prosecutor investigating a case is communicating with and reacting to threats from a civil defense attorney who also happens to represent the only people left under the umbrella of suspicion, this prosecutor must be relieved of the case

Common decency and ethics dictates that if a prosecutor agrees (and so states publicly) with a ruling in a civil trail where the only evidence presented was what the “umbrella†people’s civil attorney presented to the judge, then this prosecutor has thoroughly compromised both herself and the case and she cannot be allowed to EVER prosecute this case if it should come to trial.

I would hope that you felt deep righteous indignation when Mary Keenan hired the one investigator that not only refused to look at the evidence but also prayed with the “umbrella’ people on several occasions. This same detective refused to believe these “good Christians†would have anything to do with this crime and appeared on several television documentaries to advocate for the “umbrella†people. I can only hope that you felt as outraged as others did when it was announced that Lou Smit was hired to help Keenan with the investigation. That is akin to hiring the fox to watch the hen house.

Governor Owens recently the Ramsey’s civil attorney the members of Forums for Justice “insignificant†and “obsessed.†Interesting. When did it become a bad thing to care about a murdered child? The Ramseys asked for help finding the “real killer†of their daughter in their live CNN interview on January 1, 1997. I would have thought his clients would appreciate we are actually doing something.

We are not arrogant people; we do not think we are investigators who are in a position to “find†the killer of their daughter and “solve†this case. We are, however, a formidable group of people from all walks of life. You might even know people who participate in Forums for Justice’s criminal discussion. They just haven’t told you they do. We are neither insignificant nor obsessed. We simply care about a little girl who ended up dead on Christmas night 1996 in the basement of her parents’ home.

We all came together for one reason - to discuss the JonBenet Ramsey murder. We would not know each other otherwise. The members of Forums for Justice.org have chosen to become more active and involved. We will never interfere but we will speak our minds. It’s the least we can do for JonBenet Ramsey.

Please I implore you Governor Owens. Look at the picture on the front of this folder. Don’t you think this sweet girl who never saw her 7th birthday deserves to rest in peace and have her killer behind bars? We do. That’s why we present you with our petition today.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

So many things were done wrong for her. You are the only left who can do something right. Deep down you must know this too.

Please Governor Owens, appoint a special prosecutor in the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation. She deserves nothing less.

Sincerely
    Tricia Griffith and the members of Forums for Justice.org

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2004
  4. Tricia

Here is the letter that Cynthia Honssinger recieved from us today.

May 5, 2004

Cynthia S. Honssinger
    Chief Counsel to Governor Bill Owens
    120 State Capital
    Denver, CO 80203

Dear Ms. Honssinger:

On behalf of the members of Forums for Justice.org, I want to thank you for taking the time to meet with our group on April 30. The welcome we received from the people we met in Colorado was positive and quite overwhelming

We understand your time is limited. We would, however, appreciate an update at your earliest convenience on the status of the petition we presented to you last week requesting the appointment of a special prosecutor in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

If the Governor still does not feel compelled to appoint a special prosecutor at this time, I ask to be informed in writing, with a full explanation of the reason(s) for his denial of the request, so that I may correctly communicate the decision to the members of FFJ. My mailing address is at the bottom of the page.

I have enclosed some responses to our meeting from FFJ’s members. One of these is a particularly meaningful and well-reasoned response, written by someone whose career has been in the legal field. I believe you will find it compelling.

On one final note, the DVD I gave you called “Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey†came from a Mr. Darnay Hoffman. He was the attorney for Chris Wolf who sued the Ramseys and lost. The DVD was a product of that lawsuit.

Sincerely,

Tricia Griffith,
    Owner Forums for Justice.org

5. Tricia

UPDATE

I have received no response from the Governor's office. Zero. Very rude in my opinion.

To the FFJ team who went to Denver, it seems we were taken for a ride.

The fact that we received no response from the Governor's office speaks volumes to me.

However, since the election is in November, and it appears someone may run against Keenan, we will wait for the outcome. If Keenan retains her position we will act further at that time.

Don't give up. That's what the Ramseys want us to do.

6. Tricia

We will never take down the petition. It is a wonderful reminder of Mary Lacy and her total ineptness long before her latest debacle with John Mark Karr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice