Default JAMES WILERSON age 8 Missing in Williamson County!

JAMES WILERSON (JAMES)
    DOB: September 9, 1994 Current Age: 8 years
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 65
    Color of Eyes: Brown
    Color of Hair: Brown
    Race: Other
    Missing Since: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 02:55 PM
    Missing From: AUSTIN, TX

Identifying Marks: MEDIUM COMPLECTED SHORT DARK BROWN CURLY HAIR WEARS SILVER FRAME WIRE GLASSES

Circumstances: LAST SEEN GETTING OFF SCHOOL BUS NEAR HIS RESIDENCE IN SOUTHWESTERN WILLIAMSON COUNTY

Comments: LAST SEEN WEARING WHITE AND GRAY TERRY CLOTH SHIRT BLUE JOGGING PANTS RED AND BLACK STAR WARS BACK PACK
    =================================================
    CONTACT Information:
    Police department is: Williamson County Sheriff Dept., Georgetown, TX, 512-943-1389.
    CAF #1999121043

THIS IS NOT AN AMBER ALERT
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

There appear to conflicting news stories at this time. Allegedly, someone saw a child fighting two men in a truck but search dogs had tracked James's scent towards a local creek area. There is a massive search effort this evening including by helicopter. At this time there is a BOLO alert but no Amber Alert on James.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Default Missing Williamson County boy found

11:30 pm

Missing Williamson County boy found
    5/21/2003 9:50 PM
    By: News 8 Austin Staff

James Wilkerson
    A Williamson County boy who was reported missing after getting off his school bus is now safe.

Authorities had the helicopter out looking for 8-year-old James Wilkerson. He was last seen getting off his school bus near his home Wednesday afternoon.

Wilkerson was found with another, unidentified person. Just after 10 p.m. The boy was being questioned by Williamson County Sheriff's Deputies.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/t...es/?ArID=72260

Default Missing boy is returned home

05/22/2003
    KVUE News

A Williamson County boy is back home after being lost for more than seven hours Wednesday night.

Search crews were called out when 8-year-old James Wilkerson failed to return home.

He was last seen getting off his school bus near Anderson Mill Road shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday.

Just after 10 p.n., he was found by a volunteer who was taking part in the search.

Authorities say he had become lost and disoriented and could not find his way home.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/05220....4377f9f8.html

Default Missing boy is returned home

05/22/2003

Bymanda Lawson
    KVUE News

A Williamson County boy is back home after being lost for more than seven hours Wednesday night.

Search crews were called out when 8-year-old James Wilkerson failed to return home.

He was last seen getting off his school bus near Anderson Mill Road shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office issued a Rachel Alert.

Wilkerson's case did not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert since there was no known abduction.

So the sheriff's office issued a Rachel Alert to notify law enforcement agencies and media outlets within a 100-mile radius.

"We send it for anyone who is missing, whether it's an elderly person who may have wondered away, an Alzheimers person, a runaway situation when we think there may be foul play involved," says Williamson County Sheriff John Maspero.

The Rachel Alert is named after missing Georgetown teen Rachel Cooke.

Unlike the nationwide Amber Alert system, a Rachel Alert can be issued for a person of any age who is missing.

Just after 10 p.m., Wilkerson was found by a volunteer who was taking part in the search.

Authorities say he had become lost and disoriented and could not find his way home.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/05220....4377f9f8.html

Post I'm glad he's safe

I'm glad the found the poor boy.

This is one of the restrictions of the Amber Alert I don't like. A child under 10 does not usually run away and they can not take care of themselves. This case was not an abduction, but if the weather had been colder, he could have died.